Posted July 29, 2014
I am a former student of Eastward Elementary (2008-2011) this is one of the best school's I have went to during my elementary years. That's saying a lot considering I am a military brat, hence causing us to move around a lot. The teachers are very friendly and take their jobs very seriously with their students and co-workers. The environment is safe and positive. Every morning when I woke up, I was ready to go learn with my peers. I love Eastward!

Posted September 10, 2013
My son school is awesome the teachers are great they teach and have fun .But most of all how to be great Americans and to have compassion along with a great mind. That they can achieve great lengths of patriotism. And be successful at there own pace and they find ways to teach in so many different ways my son learns in visual learning thur proper testing they found this out henceforth my son is receiving this best teaching ever. So thank you Eastward for all that you do good job!

Posted September 04, 2012
Absolutely love this school! Their staff is great, they offer free breakfast to all children, they have a later start time, and they have great class to teacher ratios. Their communities in school program really helps the students and the teachers really care. I would highly recommend this school!

East Ward Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2011
I absolutely love this school and my child's teacher. The school is an "exemplary" school (a title not every school can earn). The teachers truly care about their children - I've often times seen them spend their own time and money to make sure these children have what they need. I'm glad my child gets to attend East Ward -- I wouldn't have him attend anywhere else.

East Ward Elementary School 1

Posted March 31, 2011
I have two children that go to this school. I can honestly say that overall I am not pleased with how this school runs. On many occasions I have witnessed teachers SCREAMING..not loud tone, literally screaming at the kids, which I am not okay with. They seem to overlook children being bullied. And then the moment those being bullied get fed up with it and yell at the other students, THEY get put in ISS or suspended for defending themselves when the teachers wouldn't listen to the initial cryouts of bullying happening. The teachers that my kids have had so far do not keep up with contact on how the kids are doing. You physically have to go up to them and ask before you can get a definite answer. And usually it's during their conference time, which is not always convenient for other people. Any other conversation with the teacher, like right before class starts, seems to be highly frowned upon and I have even been turned away and told to come back later, after I told them that I was busy and couldn't make that time.

East Ward Elementary School 1

Posted March 02, 2010
Our daughter has attended this school for only 2 years. She had great grades before and is very smart. The teachers & staff are very good at informing parents of what's going on. The only thing is that they don't discipline students. They have no consequences for bad behavior. My daughter started acting out and the school doesn't help- Her only discipline is at home. I do my job of making sure her homework is done, the school needs to do their job and make sure it's turned in. And watch the students more closely. My ELEVEN year old daughter walks around holding hands with a boy and no one notices- Her friend was the one who told me she had a boyfriend! She back talks and the teacher doesn't put her in detention, Iss, I or anything. It didn't kill us- It won't kill our kids!!!

Posted November 30, 2009
Staff is great! a year went by and my child barely learned- yes, the teacher was great and she did her job. It's not her fault so please parents teach your kids-'home school vs public/private' never should be there should always be home school. A school can teach but you need to go further at home; before they start school and while they are in school -teach our future.

Posted October 03, 2009
The teachers are friendly and helpful, They make it a point to bring to our attention any concerns and ways that we can aid in making a difference in the education of our children daily and from year to year.

Posted June 02, 2009
All 3 of my children attend east ward and this school I can honestly say has a fantastic staff. The teachers care and they have great programs to involve the students and their talents. It may be in a bad neighborhood but the school is awesome and they are trying to help the kids who are from that neighborhood.

Posted June 02, 2009
The staff is fantastic there and the kids love it. I have 3 of my kids attending there and I am trying to make them continue to go there because we are not in that district. That is just how much I want my kids to still attend there.

East Ward Elementary School
1608 East Rancier Avenue, Killeen, TX  76541
Last modified East Ward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Ward Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top