Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted May 12, 2016
Today I withdrew my pre-k student with only 3 weeks left in the year. From the first week it has been a uphill battle with the school. My son has ADHD and we discovered this just this year. He takes meds and does talk therapy just to make sure he's able to be the best him he can be. He has been in daycare since 6mnths old. Has never had behavior issues. Since being at eastward he is growingly aggressive, but only at school. I get calls multiple times a week. I've conferenced with teachers counselors and principals. I've sat in class and witnessed not only my child but every child not following directions.hitting each other. Boys and girls in the same restroom together and preK students using horrid language. At first it was just doesn't listen, doesn't sit still. Then a day in iss that no one informed me of or could explain. " it was a misunderstanding". Was the answer i got when i came to the school. Keep in mind he is 5yrs old. Now with 3 weeks left in the year he has needed to be seen at the Dr. For suicide BC unfortunately he has seen the walking dead. And said he was going to saw his arm off with a wood chip from the playground. Instead of a talk with a parent and maybe accepting a active imagination, since all I hear is Hrs so smart and hes gunna be GT when he's older. Today I voiced my conserns about their choice of action. And I was pretty much called a liar and told that what I have viewed in the last year did not happen. I would like to take a second to thank. Mrs Kimberly Lind. She was the only person that I feel tried or even cared about my son. But as of now I feel my sons time is better spend around people who aren't going to brush him under he rug. Or put a twist in the issue to make themselves look better. I'm just sad that this is a school and instead of trying to work with the parents and kids they rather call the parent and be like. Come pick them up. Absolutely ridiculous. I by no means think my son is perfect. I know he's a handful. I feel if u are going to be a teacher u have to be able to handle the tough cases too. N they washed their hands of my son along time ago.

Posted May 31, 2015
I live beside the playground and I always see the teachers screaming at the kids not being loud or yelling but literally screaming. Also a lot of these ratings look fake as many ppl talk about how bad this school is. My cousin who lives a street over from me says he's being bullied but his mom said the teachers won't intervene unless someone hits someone not if someone's being bullied

Posted January 06, 2015
I use ta luv this school but recently discovered some of the teacher's and aides are bigger bullies than most kids.needless to say the last day my kid was there,my kid and some other children over heard the teacher stating,how glad she was that he was leaving and would be more than happy to see him out.Thank you Eastward for a eye opening experience

Posted July 29, 2014
I am a former student of Eastward Elementary (2008-2011) this is one of the best school's I have went to during my elementary years. That's saying a lot considering I am a military brat, hence causing us to move around a lot. The teachers are very friendly and take their jobs very seriously with their students and co-workers. The environment is safe and positive. Every morning when I woke up, I was ready to go learn with my peers. I love Eastward!

Posted September 10, 2013
My son school is awesome the teachers are great they teach and have fun .But most of all how to be great Americans and to have compassion along with a great mind. That they can achieve great lengths of patriotism. And be successful at there own pace and they find ways to teach in so many different ways my son learns in visual learning thur proper testing they found this out henceforth my son is receiving this best teaching ever. So thank you Eastward for all that you do good job!

Posted September 04, 2012
Absolutely love this school! Their staff is great, they offer free breakfast to all children, they have a later start time, and they have great class to teacher ratios. Their communities in school program really helps the students and the teachers really care. I would highly recommend this school!

East Ward Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2011
I absolutely love this school and my child's teacher. The school is an "exemplary" school (a title not every school can earn). The teachers truly care about their children - I've often times seen them spend their own time and money to make sure these children have what they need. I'm glad my child gets to attend East Ward -- I wouldn't have him attend anywhere else.

Posted March 31, 2011
I have two children that go to this school. I can honestly say that overall I am not pleased with how this school runs. On many occasions I have witnessed teachers SCREAMING..not loud tone, literally screaming at the kids, which I am not okay with. They seem to overlook children being bullied. And then the moment those being bullied get fed up with it and yell at the other students, THEY get put in ISS or suspended for defending themselves when the teachers wouldn't listen to the initial cryouts of bullying happening. The teachers that my kids have had so far do not keep up with contact on how the kids are doing. You physically have to go up to them and ask before you can get a definite answer. And usually it's during their conference time, which is not always convenient for other people. Any other conversation with the teacher, like right before class starts, seems to be highly frowned upon and I have even been turned away and told to come back later, after I told them that I was busy and couldn't make that time.

Posted March 02, 2010
Our daughter has attended this school for only 2 years. She had great grades before and is very smart. The teachers & staff are very good at informing parents of what's going on. The only thing is that they don't discipline students. They have no consequences for bad behavior. My daughter started acting out and the school doesn't help- Her only discipline is at home. I do my job of making sure her homework is done, the school needs to do their job and make sure it's turned in. And watch the students more closely. My ELEVEN year old daughter walks around holding hands with a boy and no one notices- Her friend was the one who told me she had a boyfriend! She back talks and the teacher doesn't put her in detention, Iss, I or anything. It didn't kill us- It won't kill our kids!!!

East Ward Elementary School

Posted November 30, 2009
Staff is great! a year went by and my child barely learned- yes, the teacher was great and she did her job. It's not her fault so please parents teach your kids-'home school vs public/private' never should be there should always be home school. A school can teach but you need to go further at home; before they start school and while they are in school -teach our future.

East Ward Elementary School
1608 East Rancier Avenue, Killeen, TX  76541
Last modified East Ward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.