Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

Not really. With the overall experience I've encountered with the school and the staff I never saw any promotions for such characteristics. My child says she cannot recall a time where such things were discussed.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers that made an impact on my child were the ones who showed compassion towards her and were willing to listen. They were effective because they showed that they cared by going to after school events and connecting with the students. One of the PE coaches actually went to my child's softball game on a weekend because she told my daughter that she would be there. Turns out that there were other students who were playing as well and those students were able to connect with the coach that same day. My daughter told me it allowed her to talk to the coach differently because they had something in common after that.

Amount of homework: Agree

Most of the work is done at school. My child was not allowed to bring books home but I think that is normal through out the district. My child was given numerous chances through out the school year to make up her work with 'after school tutoring' (just stay after school with the teacher) to work on tests or to finish work if she was struggling. The only time she would bring home work was if she didn't finish it in class. The teachers were willing to stay after school to make accommodations.

If I could rate the KISD, I would. Rancier MS, is not bad nor the best. It takes some getting used to the uniform policy in 6th grade but quickly realize why. The zoning for the school is outrageous but that is an issue for the district not the school. The teachers here are there for a job but there are a few who truly care about the students. The PE coaches, math and Band instructors are the ones that have responded to me and my daughter and seem to enjoy what they do as educators for 6th and 7th grade. The students are punished as a group. Mass punishment has its place but not for a small group of children causing the trouble. On more than one occasion the principal had the class do laps around the track as punishment. Those tactics (mass punishment) are also practiced within the classroom. Teachers, those that seem to be frustrated with the students, will make comments to the entire class, such as, 'you guys are the worst class I have ever had in my career'. But that is coming from my child. I was not there but she would come home very frustrated complaining about the teachers and students fighting.

There has been bullying after school & calling a parent name & call a parent a bad nameit's not right that a 6&7 grader calls a parent name & that parent had a stroke last year

Ranicer was good at first but then it got worse because of bullying first it was me than my mom it is an 6th grader and two 7th graders bullying my mom on the way home. For me I got called names and threatens me and I put an stop to it .that was a Copley 6th graders I would give it 5stars but no

Rancier Middle School is the best middle school I've ever been to. Their fine arts program is amazing. Also yes of course you have to take Spanish for 2 years but if you want you could take Spanish for 8th grade as we'll and have 1 credit for high school. They literally prepare you for high school. Just because other people say that it's bad and that they have a lot of fights and stuff but you obviously aren't hanging around the right people and aren't just minding your own business, you should just find out yourself.

my school is so fun and we have great teachers. They teach us a lot but they teach us what we have to learn. I love my school and would never change to another middle school ever i don't care if people say that were getto compared to all the other schools, some schools have to break to be able to shine i love my school. I love how we always have great school spirit i hate how people say that were getto but you know what we are the best at everything we can play chess volleyball basket ball FOOT BALL everything i just love it and the hire great teachers there.

My son is in sixth grade at Rancier, he broke his right arm during recess and the faculty cannot even rememeber his name and all ask want happened even the school nurse and assistant principle None say good morning or even how he is doing. as for the academics not very impressed, I don't feel the emphasis is in the education of students is more of going through the motions. I am sorry I have stuck all the teachers in this category and I am sure all the teachers are not that way. The attitude starts at the top and they should be re-evaluated and removed.

Last modified Rancier Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.