Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

The school does it's best, but in the end it is up to the child and parents to enforce Integrity

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Always willing to work with the student and parent to help the child improve and succeed. Going the extra mile to assure success.

My son is a 7th grader this year for his second year at Rancier Middle. I was nervous at first two years ago given it's middle school and things I heard. However I have to say my over all experience has been wonderful. The amazing teachers by far have exceeded all my expectations, they are truly the best!! There are there to meet with the parents and students, every time I have requested. Action plans are established to help when requested in any subject that needs improvement. The schools can only do so much, it takes parental involvement, attention and an interest from the Parents for your child's future to succeed. Rancier Middle School staff as always walked the extra mile with me to ensure my son's success.

Develops character: Disagree

Not really. With the overall experience I've encountered with the school and the staff I never saw any promotions for such characteristics. My child says she cannot recall a time where such things were discussed.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers that made an impact on my child were the ones who showed compassion towards her and were willing to listen. They were effective because they showed that they cared by going to after school events and connecting with the students. One of the PE coaches actually went to my child's softball game on a weekend because she told my daughter that she would be there. Turns out that there were other students who were playing as well and those students were able to connect with the coach that same day. My daughter told me it allowed her to talk to the coach differently because they had something in common after that.

Amount of homework: Agree

Most of the work is done at school. My child was not allowed to bring books home but I think that is normal through out the district. My child was given numerous chances through out the school year to make up her work with 'after school tutoring' (just stay after school with the teacher) to work on tests or to finish work if she was struggling. The only time she would bring home work was if she didn't finish it in class. The teachers were willing to stay after school to make accommodations.

If I could rate the KISD, I would. Rancier MS, is not bad nor the best. It takes some getting used to the uniform policy in 6th grade but quickly realize why. The zoning for the school is outrageous but that is an issue for the district not the school. The teachers here are there for a job but there are a few who truly care about the students. The PE coaches, math and Band instructors are the ones that have responded to me and my daughter and seem to enjoy what they do as educators for 6th and 7th grade. The students are punished as a group. Mass punishment has its place but not for a small group of children causing the trouble. On more than one occasion the principal had the class do laps around the track as punishment. Those tactics (mass punishment) are also practiced within the classroom. Teachers, those that seem to be frustrated with the students, will make comments to the entire class, such as, 'you guys are the worst class I have ever had in my career'. But that is coming from my child. I was not there but she would come home very frustrated complaining about the teachers and students fighting.

There has been bullying after school & calling a parent name & call a parent a bad nameit's not right that a 6&7 grader calls a parent name & that parent had a stroke last year

Ranicer was good at first but then it got worse because of bullying first it was me than my mom it is an 6th grader and two 7th graders bullying my mom on the way home. For me I got called names and threatens me and I put an stop to it .that was a Copley 6th graders I would give it 5stars but no

Last modified Rancier Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.