West Ward Elementary School 1

Posted October 06, 2014
This is the worst scool my son has ever went to. He is in special needs program & is treatef like a criminal. He is forced to sit in a cubicle all day with no interaction from the outside world, including lunch, recess and PE. The principal and the office staff is very rude.

Posted April 01, 2013
West Ward has done it again! Our children had the opportuinity to design sub-orbital experiments from XCOR! I understand there is only one other school in the country doing this. They also had a chameleon too-AWSEOME!

West Ward Elementary School 2

Posted January 30, 2013
The lady principle is rude and snotty. She seems fake around kids to. My son teacher is pretty good. She is helps me alot. I was reading review and and some of them seem made up or don't sound real. If I was a teacher writing I would only write a good review too!

Posted January 30, 2013
West Ward Elementary School is one of the nicest schools that I have ever been connected with. The staff and administration really care about the students. Evidence of their caring can be seen in the many programs and events offered for students and parents and in the simple upkeep and cleanliness of the building. Now, you are going to find some negative reviews on this site but just remember that there are always going to be complainers and those that expect the school to parent their children. I challenge you to find an elementary school that offers more. West Ward is a NASA explorer school and has hosted many visits by astronauts, scientists, and astronomers. West Ward has a gardening club, chorus, and a robotics program. How many elementary schools have an actual robotics lab? I think West Ward is GREAT! Check it out and judge for yourself.

Posted January 30, 2013
West Ward has gone the extra mile to bring great speakers from NASA, XCOR, and the space industry.

Posted January 29, 2013
I am a teacher at West Ward Elementary. I have been for ten years. I have seen staff go out of their way to help students in academic and personal areas. We are a NASA Explorer School and have had the privilege of having actual astronauts visit our campus and classrooms. Many of the staff have had the fantastic experience of attending Space Camp where we have been given actual jump suits that the astronauts wear. We are very proud of them! The great things that happen on our campus can be directly attributed to our principal. She is focused and driven to make education a priority to our student population. Our campus is science driven thanks to her and her hard work. The staff here loves the kids and it shows in the amount of effort given to our students outside the school day. West Ward Rocks!

Posted January 29, 2013
This school has many dedicated teachers who spend numerous hours after school and on weekends to ensure lessons taught to the students are fun and have practical application to the students lives. One of examples is the science night where kids get hands on experience with multiple science concepts in a kid-friendly environment. Another great program is the Early Act First Knight program where students are taught core values and one student in each class is feted every month in an elaborate ceremony that is enhanced by faculty dressing up in medieval garb to highlight the Knighthood aspect of the the program.

West Ward Elementary School 2

Posted January 22, 2013
This is my son's second year at Westward. Last year pre-k was alright after teacher swapping didn't have any other issues besides with the staff. This year once again had to do teacher switching and office staff is horrible. Some of the teachers very rude. Office Staff is beyond rude. I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with the asst principal or principal yet. When you do see them they typically don't speak and always have an attitude. I do remember one time the principal did get an attitude with me at Family Night about asking questions to a fake astronaut. There is only a few teachers that actually care. I have seen a teacher making a child crawl and then when seen me coming made the student get up. Everyone keeps saying they have great programs but what programs are they referring too. Only thing I like about the school is the Nasa week. but other than school can give you a big headache. I can't wait till school year is over, because my child will be going to another school whether I have to lie about where we live or not. Parent involvement has to be high in this school...if not your child will get ran over. I need more space to go into further detail.

West Ward Elementary School 3

Posted October 22, 2011
My children have gone to this school for a year now, and they've had some pretty awesome teachers, however, i'm very unimpressed with some of the office staff, particularly Ms. Masters. In person and on the phone she can be very rude at times. Makes me afraid to even go into the office and ask for important paperwork or anything of the sort. Other than that, it's a great school and would recommend this school to someone who just moved into the area.

West Ward Elementary School 1

Posted October 07, 2011
Extremely bad school worst school I Seen yet. Hate sending my child to this school. My child is very unhappy, hates going to school here never hated school intill now. Many teachers bullying the students, now i am experiencing bullying/harassment by teachers and staff as well. Had many conferences with the staff nothing being resolved. Be very aware before sending your child to this school. Very unhappy parent.

West Ward Elementary School
709 West Dean Avenue, Killeen, TX  76541
Last modified West Ward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Ward Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top