Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted March 04, 2016
They never help children on a 1 on 1 basis. My child was never given any guidance or help with any of his given topics. The teacher's are the laziest paid people I've ever seen in my 42 year's of life. Shameful!

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted March 04, 2016
They don't want to teach the children so all the work is sent home. The parent's are left to do the job of the paid staff.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted March 04, 2016
Since a teacher sat and watched my child get stomped I'd strongly disagree and would advise other parent's to keep their children safe by not enrolling in this horrific excuse for a safe learning facility.

West Ward Elementary School 1

Posted October 06, 2014
This is the worst scool my son has ever went to. He is in special needs program & is treatef like a criminal. He is forced to sit in a cubicle all day with no interaction from the outside world, including lunch, recess and PE. The principal and the office staff is very rude.

Posted April 01, 2013
West Ward has done it again! Our children had the opportuinity to design sub-orbital experiments from XCOR! I understand there is only one other school in the country doing this. They also had a chameleon too-AWSEOME!

West Ward Elementary School 2

Posted January 30, 2013
The lady principle is rude and snotty. She seems fake around kids to. My son teacher is pretty good. She is helps me alot. I was reading review and and some of them seem made up or don't sound real. If I was a teacher writing I would only write a good review too!

Posted January 30, 2013
West Ward Elementary School is one of the nicest schools that I have ever been connected with. The staff and administration really care about the students. Evidence of their caring can be seen in the many programs and events offered for students and parents and in the simple upkeep and cleanliness of the building. Now, you are going to find some negative reviews on this site but just remember that there are always going to be complainers and those that expect the school to parent their children. I challenge you to find an elementary school that offers more. West Ward is a NASA explorer school and has hosted many visits by astronauts, scientists, and astronomers. West Ward has a gardening club, chorus, and a robotics program. How many elementary schools have an actual robotics lab? I think West Ward is GREAT! Check it out and judge for yourself.

Posted January 30, 2013
West Ward has gone the extra mile to bring great speakers from NASA, XCOR, and the space industry.

Posted January 29, 2013
I am a teacher at West Ward Elementary. I have been for ten years. I have seen staff go out of their way to help students in academic and personal areas. We are a NASA Explorer School and have had the privilege of having actual astronauts visit our campus and classrooms. Many of the staff have had the fantastic experience of attending Space Camp where we have been given actual jump suits that the astronauts wear. We are very proud of them! The great things that happen on our campus can be directly attributed to our principal. She is focused and driven to make education a priority to our student population. Our campus is science driven thanks to her and her hard work. The staff here loves the kids and it shows in the amount of effort given to our students outside the school day. West Ward Rocks!

Posted January 29, 2013
This school has many dedicated teachers who spend numerous hours after school and on weekends to ensure lessons taught to the students are fun and have practical application to the students lives. One of examples is the science night where kids get hands on experience with multiple science concepts in a kid-friendly environment. Another great program is the Early Act First Knight program where students are taught core values and one student in each class is feted every month in an elaborate ceremony that is enhanced by faculty dressing up in medieval garb to highlight the Knighthood aspect of the the program.

709 West Dean Avenue, Killeen, TX  76541
Last modified West Ward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.