Bad
Good

Hay Branch Elementary School 2

Posted August 24, 2016
We moved into this school zone the last three months of the year. Even though it had low ratings I decided it would be a good chance to see if we liked the school before transferring my child. The staff was nice and my child preformed well academically but their attitude towards bullying was apathetic. I saw children leaving the school in tears on multiple occasions due to bullying. When my child was on the receiving end the administrator I spoke with told me that a lot of the children at this school were a "tougher" sort because of their home life and economic status, and that there was little that could be done about it. I have seen successful anti-bullying programs in other schools, there is no excuse to just tolerate unacceptable behavior. Schools should be teaching children how to treat others with respect especially if they are not learning it at home. School can and should be a positive experience. I hope they are able to make the necessary adjustments to fix this problem.

Hay Branch Elementary School 2

Posted April 28, 2013
This started out as a great school. I liked that they informed us about every little thing, but that became annoying quickly. Children are active and they don't always comply but that is what these teachers went to school for! My child has been picked on and bullied and nothing has been done other than suspending her off the bus or putting her in ISS. I will be removing my children after this year because this school upsets me....

Hay Branch Elementary School 5

Posted February 05, 2011
Great changes finally happening. Kids love going to school, great teachers, and highly visible principals. New safety measures ensure my kids will be safe and my kids have plenty opportunities for extra help with after school tutoring.

Hay Branch Elementary School 1

Posted October 27, 2010
I was highly disappointed with this school this year. The way my child was treated at the school, no child should ever have to deal with. The administration did nothing more than try to cover their own back side during my entire complaint process. I ended up having to withdraw my child from this school and move her elsewhere.

Posted October 24, 2009
Hay Branch Elementary school is outstanding. The entire staff is very caring and concerned about my children. The staff values the development of the 'whole child'. This is shown by the number of afterschool activities that are offered and the number of teachers that are involved in volunteering to lead them. All staff seem to go out of their way to learn about all students and make them feel important.Calling them by name and even knowing about their pets. One can truly feel love here. I am so pleased my children attend this school.

Posted July 09, 2009
I transfered my child from another district school where my child was actually failing every subject. After a short time, his grades improved as well as his behavior and self image. The staff is concering, caring and involved. I'm looking forward to another suceessful year for my child.

Hay Branch Elementary School 5

Posted June 24, 2009
This school is awesome so far. My child just started last year and had a wonderful teacher. The staff in the front office is very helpful and pleasent. The principal and assisant were very welcoming and wonderful with the kids. I plan to get more involeved with all the acticities the PTO has. Its a great school to be apart of.

Posted May 12, 2009
Hay Branch is over all a good school. My child is a 5th grade TAG student and is on the A Honor Roll. t My daughter also attended as well as two neices and a nephew. The one thing I do see they could improve on, is follow through of complaints and issues. I find that when I do have problems nothing is every really addressed and some teachers would rather not pay attention to issue and just pretend they don't happen. While my kids have had some great teachers and expirences, the problems that we have had out weigh the good. With nothing being done, where can a child go to get an education with out all of the bull that never gets addressed fully and completely?

Posted February 09, 2009
my daughter is currently a student at HB and she loves it she's in kindergarden with mrs. mckenzie and was in pre-k with ms. hollingsworth. my child is always coming home with something new that she'd learn for the day and cant wait to tell me about it. i have no problem with this school.

Hay Branch Elementary School 4

Posted October 09, 2007
My daughter has been going to HB since K, she is now in 3rd grade and we all love it. The morning drop off is stressful, but other than that, we haven't had any problems with the school.

6101 Westcliff Road, Killeen, TX  76543
(254) 336-2080
Last modified Hay Branch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.