Posted October 20, 2014
My son loves being at this school and I can see how fast he is learning and how he loves to go to school everyday!

Posted October 03, 2014
Willow Springs is an awesome school! My kids have excelled there. My son is now in all Pre-AP classes in middle school! My daughter is reading and learning at a high level! The staff and teachers are always friendly and helpful! It deserves a much higher rating than a 2 out of 10! It is at least a 6 or 7 out of 10 bar none!

Posted June 27, 2014
BEST PLACE I'VE EVER WORKED! Awesome admin and staff! Things are turning around at WSES. A difference is being made by a great staff who cares :))

Posted April 22, 2014
This school has been the biggest disappointment since moving here. In my child's case they have a great teacher. However, she is faced with too many students that do not know how to behave, so most of her time is wasted trying to get them to behave which takes away from the students who are really trying to learn. Also, students are not allowed to talk during lunch at this school because the teachers cannot control the noise level. Recess is short and the days are long. On top of all of this there is a lot of bullying going on. It makes for a long, grueling day for children. I hope they are able to correct these issues. My children will not be returning next year.

Posted February 24, 2014
This is my child's second year attending here. I have been incredibly pleased! My child's teacher, Ms. Kunz, has been fantastic! She keeps us updated on everything! The principal has been so kind. We haven't had a single negative experience in dealing with any of the staff. Our child is excited to go to school each and every day. We really couldn't ask for a better school. It is incredibly disappointing to see some of the ratings. Please do not go off of the negative ratings though. Sadly, so many people do not have feedback until it is something negative. We really enjoy the area we are in. We're a short distance from the school. They do a phenomenal job at keeping traffic flowing even being near a very busy neighborhood. The neighborhoods surrounding the school have been quiet since we've lived here, and the kids friendly. The staff makes it a point to greet each and every student and parent each morning.

Posted February 23, 2014
Willow Springs has had trouble in the past. But, that was in the PAST! It is under new leadership and has improved immensely. Willow Springs MET the standards for last year's STAAR test and will continue to do so! Willow Springs offers excellent opportunities for children to learn. It has opportunities for parent to become engaged in their child's education through volunteer opportunities, PTO, and a parent liaison. I am the parent of a 1st grader who attends here now and a 7th grader who attended here when it had issues. If given the opportunity to change schools when my 7th grader was at Willow Springs, I would have jumped at the opportunity. Now, I wouldn't want to change schools at all. Mrs. Pennington, the principal, is an outstanding leader who completely understands the needs of an elementary school. She is a leader who leads by example. She is always concerned about the well being of her staff, students and their families. She goes above and beyond to see to it that the needs for success are met. Please understand that the low rating on this website is primarily based on the PAST issues. No one can please everyone, but it definitely deserves a much higher rating now!

Posted November 26, 2013
avoid THIS SCHOOL if you can , no homework , kids out of control , and allot of teachers,don't seem bothered by the lack of curriculum,fights, pants being pulled down cutting backpacks w/scissors, kissing in bathrooms, just do your research.

Willow Springs Elementary School 2

Posted September 03, 2013
I just register my kid in willow spring,and Iam looking forward for a great year for him,the reviews are not great ,but i'll put my effort and will get involved to help get things better.my first impression when I enter...well fisrt of all they need to clean the hallways better,there is an unpleasant smell.Also they are not very organized and I think they need more people to help ,later I will be posting in regards teachers,office staff,etc

Posted August 28, 2012
The staff has been increibly welcoming, polite, and helpful. Our daughter seems to be very enthusiastic about her "new school." We were a bit hesitant to send her here given the previous ratings and school's performance. However, there is a new principal is charge this year. They seem to be off to a fabulous start! They had a welcoming orientation prior to "Meet the Teacher" night for the pre-k group. That was wonderful for the parents to be able to see where their babies would be going. We were very happy about that. "Meet the Teacher" night is a bit busy. That would've been a bit overwhelming first school experience for these young children. They seem to take security very seriously with the children - 100% ID check which as a parent I appreciate tremendously. I've seen nothing but smiles from the kids. Looking forward to a super great year for our daughter!! The school is also very diverse which we can appreciate!!! What a wonderful learning opportunity to be with children of all different backgrounds!!!!!

Posted August 13, 2012
2011-2012 I had both of my girls in this school. Pre-K and 4th grade. Pre-K was good (could've been better) but 3rd and 4th was horrible. Our oldest is quite smart, but gets bored REAL fast of the subject once she's learned the subject. The teachers would tell us that they would challenge her, but never did. They made her sit and be quiet while everyone else finished their work since she was done. She did this for a couple of weeks and then quit all together because she was bored. You could NEVER get in to talk to the principle, but you could talk to the VP. Not that that did any good. Yes, We understand your concerns and we promise that we'll address these issues. Yet nothing again would be done! I am SO glad that neither of my girls will attend this school again! A few of the teachers taught my girls discrimination and I am NOT okay with this!

Willow Springs Elementary School
2501 West Stan Schlueter Loop, Killeen, TX  76549
(254) 336-2020
Last modified Willow Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willow Springs Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top