Killeen, TX

Posted May 24, 2015
LHMS is a great place to send my child. He has thrived and grown tremendously at the school. The teachers genuinely care about their students and go the extra mile to make sure their students are doing well. I have nothing but good things to say about this school!

Posted May 08, 2015
Liberty Hill Middle School is an wonderful school. The teachers and administration seem to really listen and genuinely care about the children. Over the past two years, the moral of the teachers and the entire school has really increased. The kids are learning and having fun. There is always going to be issues and things I don't always agrees with, but at LHMS I find they truly try to address your concerns as a parent.

Posted May 04, 2015
My daughter an 8th grader and in TAG and AP classes. She has had wonderful teachers who have helped her all three years she's attended Liberty Hill. She recently scored one of the highest scores in STARR reading and Liberty Hill scored as a whole the highest for the middle schools in KISD. The AVID program is wonderful in helping prepare students for high school and college, by encouraging organization and responsibility. The administration staff is some of the finest and professionals I have had the pleasure dealing with. It has been a pleasure attending this school and my daughter is going to miss her teachers.

Liberty Hill Middle School 4

Posted August 03, 2014
After a rough start in 6th grade, I must say the teachers and administration really listened and my son had an excellent 7th grade! His confidence is up and he is happy! I hope our 8th grade experience is just as wonderful.

Liberty Hill Middle School 3

Posted August 02, 2014
We were not pleased with the communication at LHMS. We ended up transferring our daughter to another school in the district. We attended several conferences with staff, and our concerns were not addressed in a way we were happy with. I hope the administration has turned around from two years ago.

Posted December 07, 2013
This school is horrible! The children are out of control and the teachers and principles are unable to take that control back. Bullying is rampant and school administration is slow in taking care of discipline problems. Lack of supervision is also a problem. My child doesn't feel like she can talk to teachers about any issues because she feels they're unapproachable. There is just a general lack of discipline from the children and no control by the administration. We're transferring our child to a different school! Don't send your kids here if you can help it.

Posted September 20, 2013
This school is absolutely horroable !!! My son went here for 3 years and turned from a happy child into a depressed child ! Now my daughter is here and I already seen big changes in her behavior and I will not look at this and say nothing this time > This week my daughter had to draw pictures of terrorist , war and murder !! Im asking everybody as a mother : what kind of school is this ????!!!! Not is it enough that they present war related pictures in their hallways , no ; children are getting sick in this school and are getting nightmares from doing their homework ! I will not let this happen any longer , I will bring this to the public and want that changes are happening there !

Posted March 06, 2013
My husband and I are impressed so far. We are new to middle school and am pleasantly surprised with the level of communication and personalization we are experiencing.

Posted May 25, 2012
Liberty Hill Middle School is bad. My son has had problems with this school from the beginning. He was on the Honor Roll throughout elementary school but has struggled to pass many of the classes here. They only offer liberal arts elective classes. The choir class has a requirement to attend too many after hours concerts. The orientation was a joke because everything they tell you at it gets changed once school gets started. He got several MORs because the tardy bell was five minutes early. When I pointed out that it didn't even agree with all the other clocks in the room, the secretary said that they knew it was broken, but that it was our responsibility to know what time it was at. This would be ok, except it kept changing. Bullying is a big issue at this school. When I went in to talk to the asst principal about it, there was a stack of 20 or so complaints from that week alone, and it was only Tuesday. The teachers need to stand out in the hallways or something. My son has came home several times and told me that he was given less than 5 minutes to eat lunch. He has had 5 different lockers this year because he either couldn't open or couldn't lock them.

Posted March 09, 2011
I love this school. Teachers and staff are very professional and friendly always looking to help the students excell in their education to include the extracurricular activities. The Spanish Department goes beyond expectations in assisting the students and providing experience to students around the world. Way to go Mrs. Alago. LHMS proves with high TAKS scores they sure make a difference in the district.

Liberty Hill Middle School
4500 Kit Carson Trail, Killeen, TX  76542
Last modified Liberty Hill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Hill Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top