Posted November 23, 2013
St Joseph has quickly gone downhill and the 50% drop in enrollment over one year is a great indication of the decline of the school. The problems exist from the top leadership down to the classroom level. The school is run by a retired principal who does not have the modern capability to effectively run the school. The majority of the teachers are the friends of the principal who have come out of retirement for "easy extra money". Fundraising and begging are a priority over the education of the children. One school term an entire grade level did not receive report cards or have any assessments. In addition, the restrooms are always out if repair and there is mold in the school.

St Joseph Catholic School 4

Posted September 23, 2013
My child has been attending St Joseph since pre-k. I am pleased with the discipline and structure the school enforces. The teachers have been caring, attentive and focus on character building. They teach children to think through their actions and decisions and take responsibility for consequences in both social and academic settings. They truly aspire to their mission statement and encourage children to live up to their Tiger traits. I would like to see more productive use of on-line tools. It would also be nice if more research was done into ways the school could obtain funding from federal programs and results were posted through school website.

Posted September 24, 2012
I thought this would be a great place for my children, but I was wrong. To sum it all up at once my children are now in a different catholic school down the road and they are behind on everything. I hate to say it but i really just wasted money send my children here. They would have learned more at a public school. If I could give no stars i would.

St Joseph Catholic School 5

Posted March 26, 2012
Great Catholic School. It doesn't get any better than this. Teachers are caring, loving and very devout. This school is a great value and I recommend it to everyone. I cannot wait until my grandchild is old enough to enroll her.

St Joseph Catholic School 2

Posted February 03, 2012
I am not very pleased with this school. I would like to think that since I am paying for my child's education that she would receive better than she would get at a public school, but that is not the case here. The school is disorganized, used outdated teaching methods and allows the students little opportunity to be creative. I see favoritism, intimidation, and scare tactics used everyday on the students. The principal is more interested in fund raising and catering to the "higher ups" than she is concerned about the students. There is so much disappointing factors about this school, it's hard to try to list them all in this short amount of space. Few positive aspects are the small student to teacher ratio, importance placed on religion, and the wonderful ladies that manage the after school care program. I wish I had more to say.

St Joseph Catholic School 5

Posted February 01, 2012
I have three children in the school for at least three years starting with PK4. There is no finer school than this. The quality of education, student to teacher ratio, and overal educational atmosphere for learning is unparrelled. I would highly recommend this school to any and all parents who seek a higher, more personal learning environment.

Posted December 03, 2011
St. Joseph Catholic School is aweful, the principal should be fired , the PreK 3 teacher last year could not speak English and the Pre-K 4 teacher argues with the children like she is a child herself and uses shaming as a teaching method. So glad to see others have had similar experiences. I also want to add that the teachers and principal have no clue about classroom management and use draconian methods to break children s self-esteem. No spirituality at this place, does more to steer folks away from catholicism.

Posted October 18, 2011
The school is awful. The teachers are so disorganized, and not professional. The school favors certain students. The principal is not professional and does not care about the well-being of the students. Please do not waste money on this school. This school is worse than a public school.

Posted May 17, 2011
This schools is horrible if you have a split family. They only catered to the Mother of my daughter. They were rude and dishonest to me about my daughter's records. The teacher wouldn't return my emails concerning my daughter. When I came to pick-up my daughter early from school one day the Principal tried to withhold my daughter from me. I had to inquire my attorney whom had to threaten the police to force them to release my daughter to me before they would surrender my daughter. Such behavior from the school was traumatizing to my 4year old. I would never recommend this school to anyone.

St Joseph Catholic School 0

Posted November 05, 2009
This school is not that great! The Pre-K3 teacher is an educational aide 3. She is not qualified to teach a child and she has a very nasty attitude. If I pay this amount of money for my child's education, I would expect a qualified teacher in the classroom

St Joseph Catholic School
2901 East Rancier Avenue, Killeen, TX  76543
Last modified St Joseph Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
St Joseph Catholic School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top