Posted May 29, 2014
I love Mrs. Peggi Nunley and Mrs. Kerri Baugh Fattig. They have always addressed issues and they love my kids. Every time I go to office, they know who I am and they help me immediately. Since my sons have started here, their speech went from 14-18 words to 100s of words. They can count, do ABCs, and have manners like crazy.

Posted August 12, 2013
Do yourself a favor and NEVER enroll your child in this program if you care about his academics or well being. My son has attended Maxdale Elementary since he was in Pre-K. He was in the TAG program and in the 2nd grade he was diagnosed with ADHD. The unprofessionalism of the staff tops the charts. They were more interested in policy and proceedures than the child itself. There was very little effort to work with my son on a personal level. It felt if he was more of a burden because he did not fit the "mold" My son is very intelligent, inquisitive and has tested well above his grade level and peers. He was also very verbal with his opinions and this seemed to not set well with ANY of the staff. He was issued an assault warning for making a slingshot out of pencil and rubber band and hitting a student in the head with a paper wad the size of a pea... this was only one instance of many. Needless to say we have moved him to Richard E Cavazos Elementary School. Their scores are much better, their staff nicer and overall seem to care about the kids. My daughter will start school next year and I vowed she will NEVER step foot into Maxdale Elementary.

Maxdale Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2013
My daughter attended Maxdale for special needs pre-school while we were stationed at Fort Hood. We had Ms. Baugh and she was TERRIFIC! I did experience a little attitude from the office staff but I really think that your whole experience depends on what teacher you get.

Maxdale Elementary School 4

Posted May 17, 2013
I really like Maxdale Elementary School because my grand daugther attend there and she is comfortable attending Maxdale. The staff has always been very polite to me. I do not live in Killeen, Texas but do visit often and have went to Maxdale Elementary School to pick up my grandchild to take to a doctor appt and was very pleased with the office personnel.

Posted November 01, 2011
I had my daughter spend one year and had enough. I volunteered A LOT in my child's class, but had a very difficult time with the office staff. I found it highly inappropriate to be showing movies so frequently (even during gym). Not only that, but ones I felt were not age appropriate or educational by any means. (ie: Come on... High School Musical for kindergarteners?) Lunch was pathetic. My packer could not eat until the whole table was eating. So they had to wait for the lunch line. By the time all the kids were sitting they had between 5-10 minutes to eat. I was not impressed with some of the teachers going down to students level of disrespect either. My daughter was exposed to issues with sexual abuse from another child and after talking to a teacher & admin about how concerned I was that things were going on at the playground I was told "Welcome to Killeen". Just shocking. Everyone was nice on a personal level - just the standard was very low... Maybe I should blame that on being in Killeen??

Posted October 10, 2011
Unfortunately we were just resumed to maxdale from willow springs elem. And I am very disappointed with the school! The teachers and aids seem friendly! As far as the cafeteria staff they are absolutely unacceptable. By the second day of school they were yelling at 4 year olds to remember a six digit pin number for their breakfast and lunch and when they ouldnt remember the pin trays were snatched from their hands and sent outside to another teacher or aid to get their Pins!!! I saw kids leave in tears! The office staff is so rude!! They have attitudes as soon as you walk in. They claim to be following policies yet they have not a clue what the policy is. They say that we (parents) shouldn't walk our children to class because we need to let them grow up, well that's easy tO say when your child attends the school you work out and sits in the front office with you all morning until it's time for class!!!! Not all students have older siblings to help them.

Posted July 18, 2011
My daughter, Jordan Anna-James Davidson-Frazier, graduated 5th grade and will soon be embarking on her 6th year in Middle School. Residing here in Killeen, Texas for the past few years, and having the opportunity to communicate with the educators at Maxdale. I found that many are passionate about what they do and the children they teach, in which reflects in the TAKS Scores, and the overall environment at Maxdale. Thank you, for teaching my child as will as the other children in attendence at Maxdale, you have broaden her furture. AFCMSVO/NAPSP

Posted January 26, 2011
Maxdale is a fantastic school. My pre-k son was evaluated and placed in their PPCD program. His teacher was unbelievably caring and they were in the process of mainstreaming him into a normal classroom with another wonderful teacher when we received PCS orders sadly taking us away from TX. We have since relocated to GA and still miss Maxdale greatly! The teachers there clearly care a great deal about their students. The prek teacher in the classroom my son was being transitioned to took pictures of every individual child throughout the day in school and emailed them to the respective parents to let them see what their child was working on. For a parent with a child who struggles with speech, I thought that was pretty amazing. My son and I could open the pictures she sent each day thus enabling us talk about his day. To me that showed a great deal of dedication students and their parents.

Maxdale Elementary School 2

Posted June 08, 2010
I have 3 kids who attend Maxdale. This is 5 years going. I am not a fan of the office staff. They aren't the friendliest. The turnover rate in principles and staff is crazy. Dropping off and picking up is a mad house and then add in the other parents who act like this is a highschool. People complain of parent involvement but don't want to get involved even when you ask for help which in some way if the school was more welcoming to the parents it would help. The school is strict with the kids with recess (they will take it before they give it), talking (not even at lunch 95% of the time). Most of the teachers are caring and do a very well job. There are a few who have been known to not be appropriate at the work place and shouldn't be there.

Posted March 09, 2010
We are a military family and my son went here K-5. At one point they did have to end the PTA because of lack of parent involvement. We now have a PTO that is very successful. It's a safe school with a very diverse student body.

Maxdale Elementary School
2600 Westwood Drive, Killeen, TX  76549
Last modified Maxdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maxdale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top