Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Robert M Shoemaker High School 2

Posted May 23, 2015
Too much fights. Students are unfriendly and are uneducated. Teachers either give too much work or less.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 23, 2015
Dont know how to run classes. Only teacher tht i think is good is my geometry teacher. My world history teacher barely teaches and gives difficult tests. Spainish teacher is too nice to where students convince to do nothing.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 23, 2015
Too much work. English 2 class gives college type work. Went from good principal too bad one

Robert M Shoemaker High School 1

Posted October 27, 2014
SHS is the worst the school my children have ever attended, going from honor roll to barely passing and flunking. Teachers walk in pass out a handout and you are expected to teach yourself and finish all assignments. And Good Lord don't let the child have a doctor's appointment you will never make that work up. Sports what a joke, coaches are incompetent and win 2-4 games a season and the whole school raves about what a great coach, who doesn't even attend JV games. Plays black players over others for no reason but skin color, sits quality players behind the black kids. School, administration, teachers and coaches are all a joke, send your children elsewhere.

Robert M Shoemaker High School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
Robert M Shoemaker High School is a great school, great Teachers, great history. My child is a Junior at this school and I feel confident to know that he is receiving the help that he need from these awesome teachers, to meet the requirements needed to become a High School graduate.

Posted August 20, 2013
Wonderful school .my 3 kids graduated from shoemaker.never had problems in no sense.a lot of students keep in sports .no bad dress and vulgarity like other schools out of the state.love shoemaker and still had our on there this year .his a senior and can't wait to school starts for him.i recommended to parents and don't listen to some negativity that could affect the decision to pick this school.love it!!!

Posted August 04, 2013
This school is just as good as any other. They have great clubs and the teachers are good. I think the bad rap is unjustified.

Posted June 27, 2013
As a former student at shoemaker high school I look at all of these reviews and shake my head. I was. Apart of the first freshmen class when the school changed over from the Ellison 9th grade center in 2000. My years at shoemaker were some of the best years of my life a quality education from teachers who cared and I have made life long friends in the process. Many of the reviews I have read are negative and though times have changed and so have the teachers that is a great school to go to and I am proud to call myself a gray wolf. Most of you parents who are complaing about the quality of education need to look back at your own because most of you can't even spell let alone speak clearly. I would deffinately send my children to shoemaker if I still lived in Killeen. Next year is our ten year reunion and I can't wait to be back and see all of my old friends and walk around my old stomping grounds. So in a few words they were the best years of my life and would love to re-live them over again.

Robert M Shoemaker High School 1

Posted February 26, 2013
This school is just out for itself and the testing shows it. Plus the teachers on disabity board don't have a clue what their doing.The coach on the board says that Texas Disability excuses are no good.So your not suppose to take students to doctors appointment by what he says.Also they have an excuse for everything, saying its the students fault.Then have enough since to send the parents emails and tell them when the students need homework ect.But when the student ask they get told i don't know or don't have anything ready.This has gone on for weeks. THIS SCHOOL IS LOW ON ALL LIST, AND LOW ON PEOPLE WHO MAKE IT OUT OF THE PIT.Send students to another school its worth it.In a meeting i even got told he would get all the work given to him or i could pick it up, 5 weeks and they still give excuses to both of us. Only rated a STAR cause it wouldn't let go on without a STAR

Posted December 31, 2012
This is by far the best high school I have attended. My interest was engineering and I was able to join the class in 2012 it was amazing in the determination from students and teachers. They have a lab with all the equipment and more to build an award winning robot. When you join you just feel welcome with the friendly faces you will encounter. Go Grey Wolves! Previous student

3302 South Clear Creek Road, Killeen, TX  76549
Last modified Robert M Shoemaker High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.