Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Students are not challenged, they are given only a short amount of homework within selective classes, however they are tasked with teaching themselves because teacher are net capable of such things here.

Makes me want to give up. I've spent only a short time at this school, and everyday of it made my life a living hell. Im not even quite sure where to begin in the issues of this school. There are much too many to be addressed within a short review. On my first day I was unenthusiastically greeted by several of my teachers, they saw me as a burden, as for my transfer during the middle of the school year. I was seated within the back if my class within several courses, and forgot about, I was given no lead as to what we were doing and had to teach myself using the web series Crash Course. However, the teachers were least to worry about. The students within this facility harbor rude attitudes, bad manners, and overall disrespect. On my first day I encountered several students talking back to my math teacher, a teachers of which I've recently found out has only been an the school for two weeks prior if my arrival. To add on to such matter, during my residence in such class, I was let known he was not a certified math teacher, and was absent 4 days out of the week. On top of this, my math skills are not anything to write home about, I require much repetition and detailed explanations on the unit being taught. It is quite hard to learn and or ask question when you have a substitute who knows nothing of the lesson, and a teacher aid put only in the room to maintain the zoo of wild animals called students. this whole ordeal has made me want to quite highschool altogether and try for a GED, even if I did not make it into my college of choice, it would be better than to stay within this prison of ignorance. In conclusion, I do not recommend this school to any student seeking high achievement. Only here will you be patronized, judged, and mentally abused by the stress you put on yourself because you are not learning anything. However if you an uncultured millennial who cares only about social activities and sports, and not in the future of yourself than this school is perfect. I myself, hope to transfer in the future.

Our older children have all gone to SHS. They have the sole STEM program within the district and have a top notch JROTC and AVID program.

Too much fights. Students are unfriendly and are uneducated. Teachers either give too much work or less.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Dont know how to run classes. Only teacher tht i think is good is my geometry teacher. My world history teacher barely teaches and gives difficult tests. Spainish teacher is too nice to where students convince to do nothing.

SHS is the worst the school my children have ever attended, going from honor roll to barely passing and flunking. Teachers walk in pass out a handout and you are expected to teach yourself and finish all assignments. And Good Lord don't let the child have a doctor's appointment you will never make that work up. Sports what a joke, coaches are incompetent and win 2-4 games a season and the whole school raves about what a great coach, who doesn't even attend JV games. Plays black players over others for no reason but skin color, sits quality players behind the black kids. School, administration, teachers and coaches are all a joke, send your children elsewhere.

Robert M Shoemaker High School is a great school, great Teachers, great history. My child is a Junior at this school and I feel confident to know that he is receiving the help that he need from these awesome teachers, to meet the requirements needed to become a High School graduate.

Wonderful school .my 3 kids graduated from shoemaker.never had problems in no sense.a lot of students keep in sports .no bad dress and vulgarity like other schools out of the state.love shoemaker and still had our on there this year .his a senior and can't wait to school starts for him.i recommended to parents and don't listen to some negativity that could affect the decision to pick this school.love it!!!

This school is just as good as any other. They have great clubs and the teachers are good. I think the bad rap is unjustified.

As a former student at shoemaker high school I look at all of these reviews and shake my head. I was. Apart of the first freshmen class when the school changed over from the Ellison 9th grade center in 2000. My years at shoemaker were some of the best years of my life a quality education from teachers who cared and I have made life long friends in the process. Many of the reviews I have read are negative and though times have changed and so have the teachers that is a great school to go to and I am proud to call myself a gray wolf. Most of you parents who are complaing about the quality of education need to look back at your own because most of you can't even spell let alone speak clearly. I would deffinately send my children to shoemaker if I still lived in Killeen. Next year is our ten year reunion and I can't wait to be back and see all of my old friends and walk around my old stomping grounds. So in a few words they were the best years of my life and would love to re-live them over again.

Last modified Robert M Shoemaker High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.