Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 23, 2016
Ms. Cameron was the best teacher ever. My son had an amazing connection to her, and she made learning so much fun that he didn't want to leave early or miss days because of what he might miss out on! She is amazing...sorry that she was leaving, and wish her the best in her career!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 23, 2016
His grades reflect the effectiveness of the teacher. She sent home information on what was being covered, examples of how to help reinforce at home, as well as timely contact in the event of a question from me. My kid LOVED his teacher. That is the mark of a very effective teacher.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 23, 2016
Any time my son would say something mean to another student he would get reprimanded. When he was feeling like others were picking on him, he did say the teachers made sure they stopped and weren't being mean to him. This shows the responsiveness of teachers to students needs.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 23, 2016
My son got the award for being the most empathetic child in his class. The other students were the ones who voted him in. Obviously, they had to recognize the values and attribute them to him in order to give the award. This reflects the critical thinking skills that this school influences in their students.

Posted June 23, 2016
My son has been at Iduma since preK. He has always been a very active child so I have been worried about his behavior. I am very proactive with this and communicate with his teachers frequently. He has learned so much being at this school. He is able to connect his school learning to experiences at home and I see that reflected quite often. He is going into 3rd grade this year, and I anticipate another great learning experience. His teacher this year was the best! I don't know if we can top Ms. Cameron! She sent emails frequently to let parents know what was going on, what the students were expected to learn, and even examples of how to work with your kids at home to reinforce school learning. I loved it!

Iduma Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2015
The teacher refuse to inform you of your child's behavior Instead the principal will call you up to suspend your kid with out any paper work when to return and laugh while your child's crying and she will inform you in front of her staff as to show off power, I was not going to say anything but I feel parents should be warned lack of communication and the communication skills are terrible and everything will be dramatized. My son started pre K was only there two days and no calls and I asked teacher to call me if any problems and she said can't have to let principle know, I knew nothing till they suspend him on second day, then to find out he was pushed off a swing bar and he hit back, she, the little girl, did not get in any trouble and he was labeled in school system as a person who assults. He is in speech therapy and kids tend to pick and the teacher has to many students and principles complains if the overcrowded and behavior problems in my son's class on second day. I'm a military widow and I expected support but instead walked out the office that day crying. I have took him out. The school gets at at 1 o'clock on Thursdays to suit their staff.

Iduma Elementary School 1

Posted April 08, 2014
Find a different school. They have a very large failure rate and teachers don't understand the IB/PYP program. I relocated to the Killeen area as a contractor on post. I read the reviews and expected typical greatness from a Texas school, especially with a IB program in place. After being there a year and contacting the principle several times and dealing with the teacher we determined that the school is over crowded and they are not willing to deal with the root issues causing student problems. Living near the school we have several friends with kids going to the school and all have had the same issues. Straight "A" kids barely passing, not being notified of deficiencies until right before a report card comes out. No complaints from the teacher about our child every day we pick up our kid. What are these people thinking??? On a different note, you must pay to background check yourself if you want to chaperone, you must pay your own way for field trips and when our child went to the Zoo no parents wanted to chaperone so a teacher had to tag along and 12 students were with each teacher. One student was lost and so they found him and left the zoo early. Talk about a cluster.

Posted September 28, 2013
Iduma is a wonderful elementary school! They have the IB PYP program and they really live those learner profiles! We love the staff and all the little extras they offer for the students. I have had children at this school for 5 years now and I love it so much that I have them transferred here every year!

Posted October 09, 2012
I love this school and the friendly atmosphere. My child has been attending this school since Pr-k and she has learned so much here. I think its awesome that they are able to learn French and have computer lab, science, Art on a daily basis along with thier curriculum. The principal is awesome as well as there staff. Having to deal with over 1,000 kids they do a great job

Posted May 04, 2012
I loved this school also. We recently had to moveto nashville and my son is way advanced than the other students in his class. They really did teach the children at Iduma Ihope that I can find another school that is as dedicated to the children's learning.

4400 Foster Lane, Killeen, TX  76549
Last modified Iduma Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.