Posted March 25, 2013
BBE is an awesome learning environment for my son. I also like that the school encourages parents to participate throughout the year.

Bear Branch Elementary School 4

Posted February 21, 2013
We have been at BBE for 4 years now, my son is about to move into middle school. The teachers have been great, we had one cranky teacher but she has since left the school. Most of my complaints have to do with low funds (lack of field trips, music, computer and art programs are not full year, small and not enough classrooms). There are 28 kids in my childs classroom, it's way too crowded. Two formal parent/teacher meetings a year, in my opinion, are not enough. There are always things a school could work on to improve and I do think BBE is trying. The PTA has a lot of ways to get parents involved in the school. One big way I feel that the school needs to improve is the principal and school counselor. When I tried to reach out to them, neither of them were willing to speak to me unless my child was a trouble maker or had serious learning problems.

Posted July 24, 2011
My child has been at BB for 3 years and starting his 4th. We've had awesome and concerned teachers. I've had interaction with several teachers and love them all. Most of the critical reviews are old and we don't actually know what the child was like. I have a friend whose child is high strung and won't listen to authority. Does that make the school bad? No. It means you want to school to cater to your child.

Posted March 08, 2010
We love Bear Branch!!! Great teachers, friendly parents, nice kids. We've been here for 3 years now, loved every minute of it!

Posted February 26, 2010
Unfortunately we have since moved out of state and have yet to find a school as good as this one. I've read some of the complaints here and must admit I'm shocked! Granted 'some' teachers might be considered 'average' but the overall academic expectations are anything but. We LOVED the Spanish Emersion program and have yet to find its equal. There IS a lot of emphasis on appropriate classroom behavior but having witnessed the alternative enviornment, that's a PLUS in my book! Last but not least, the parent involvement at this shool is excellent and a HUGE part of their success. What I loved best about it was the fact that the teachers actually ecouraged, if not expected it. They were constantly offering opportunities for parents to get involved and encouraged us to participate in classroom activities when it was deemed appropriate. The kids and I absolutely love this school!

Bear Branch Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2009

Bear Branch Elementary School 2

Posted March 28, 2007
- The teachers are not looking into challenging the kids. Homework takes 5 min, and my G/T labeled kid comes some days with no homework! - Everybody is happy while our kids are ill-prepared to compete, which may explain why Kingwood schools have been in decline.

Posted March 12, 2007
What a fabulous school!!! The teachers really care about the welfare of each and every child. Both of my children have attended BBE and I can honestly say they got a superb eduction. The teachers stretch the children's thinking far beyond the expected 'TEKS' while also foster their emontional and social learning. The leadership at BBE is wonderful as well! Parents are a huge part of the school environment! You can find parents reading to children, listening to children read, playing math games, helping teach science lessons and facilitating many great PTA events. I can not think of a better school. They really go out of their way to make it a great place for kids to actively learn with hands on fun!

Bear Branch Elementary School 4

Posted June 02, 2006
We recently had to move out of Texas and hated to leave this school. My son absolutely loved Bear Branch. It is a very nurturing school. My only complaint would be the academics could be stepped up a notch. Much more was expected of him from his new school. But, overall, we were very pleased.

Posted March 22, 2006
This school is great. The parents are highly involved, and the teachers take a lot of pride in what they do. The extra programs such as the gt program (wings), spanish immersion, and programs for special needs children make it a fantastic school. The only thing holding it back from being 'exemplary' is the raw science scores, which the parents and teachers are working on. I'm glad my first kid goes there, and can hardly wait to start with my second kid there.

Bear Branch Elementary School
3500 Garden Lk, Kingwood, TX  77339
Last modified Bear Branch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear Branch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top