Posted July 17, 2013
Our family had such a horrible experience at Science Hall. My twins were in kindergarten and my first child had good teachers that I was happy with and I would have given more stars had it not been for the set of teachers for my other child and the way the principal and councilors handled things. One of my children started to misbehave and instead of discipline, they were sent to the office and allowed to play with play-dough and do art work. I would try to explain what works best and they ignored my attempts. So what did my child do...continue to misbehave because they were being rewarded with art and playtime. These types of situations continued along with lack of communication between myself and the staff. I even asked for a different teacher since obviously they were not "working out" and was told we could not do that. We ended up moving in the middle of the school year to a different school system and my child did not have ANY more behavior problems. It really was absurd how the staff (Ms. Grim, principal Nelson and the councilor) handled the situations. After my experiences, we learned there were quite a few other families with similar situations.

Science Hall Elementary School 3

Posted September 01, 2012
My child has attended this school for four years and I do agree that parental involvement needs to improve. However, parents can not get involved unless the school makes it possible, and this school needs a lot of work to get that done. Personally I have seen parents excluded from participation because they speak their minds, and not in a negative way. This school claims transparency, yet when a parent asks about why the school runs out of paper for its teachers, the doors are closed. The people that work here are fabulous, but I personally think administration could use a little fine tuning.

Science Hall Elementary School 5

Posted August 31, 2012
My son attends first grade and loves his school. I think there needs to be more parent involvment. This is a school not a babbysitter. My son is in the dual language program and loves spanish. It sounds to me like some parents want the school to be a babysitter...no, your child goes here to learn. There are excellent staff from the front office to custodial staff.

Science Hall Elementary School 3

Posted August 16, 2011
Science Hall seems to be a great school depending on your child. Some of the teachers are fantastic and we have been so pleased with them. Other teachers are uninvolved and do not enjoy their job. Over all its a decent school. I don't absolutely LOVE it, but its not the worst out there either.

Posted April 08, 2010
My son attended this school for three years and everyday he would complain about the teacher picking on him and when other students did things to him, the teacher wouldn't do anything. I personally do not like this school. The teachers were not caring, and did not teach my son the things he needed to learn for the grades he was in. He is now attending a better school, still in Hays County and still in Kyle, Rosalio Tobias International Elementary School. Go Tobias!

Science Hall Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2009
lack of leadership, teachers always asking for more supplies from the kids, teachers do not appear very happy. Control of class seems to be a problem. Looking to move out soon!

Posted September 12, 2009
I now drive my child to school in Austin. I was not satisfied with the schools. There are low standards. However if you want your child to be in the dual language program (Spanish/English) you will be pleased.

Science Hall Elementary School 0

Posted February 08, 2008
My daughter has been at Science Hall for two years already, she is now in 1st grade and I love it, it's beautiful, BIG, looks like a middle school. Great staff that I know of so far,so good!I highly recomend it! Jennifer

Science Hall Elementary School 5

Posted December 23, 2007
It is a great and the best school ever! I absolute love this special school.

Science Hall Elementary School
1510 Bebee Road, Kyle, TX  78640
Last modified Science Hall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Science Hall Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top