Shekinah Radiance Academy Abundant Life 2

Posted August 13, 2012
Discipline unevenly enforced. Person in charge changes daily. #1 Rule is "Don't complain." Few good teachers but they are too afraid of loosing their jobs to risk complaining or trying to change things. Few parents enroll if there is another alternative but local school district is worse so it is the lesser of the evils of public schools.

Shekinah Radiance Academy Abundant Life 4

Posted August 29, 2011
Shekinah Radiance Abundant Life Campus in LaMarque has moved to a new school located in TOMBALL at 612 Malone St. . A new tuition free open enrollment charter school serves students in grades K-6 and is committed to providing academic excellence through high quality standards-based curriculum. Emphasis is placed upon teaching students skills to help them develop healthy life choices thereby creating a positive social environment that fosters a sense of deep respect for themselves, each other and the community. Submitted by a teacher

Shekinah Radiance Academy Abundant Life 5

Posted July 23, 2011
We are very excited that a new charter school, Premier Learning Academy, will be moving into the campus that previously housed the Shekinah charter schools. Premier Learning Academy (PLA), a new tuition free open enrollment charter school serves students in grades K-12 and is committed to providing academic excellence through high quality standards-based curriculum. Emphasis is placed upon teaching students skills to help them develop healthy life choices thereby creating a positive social environment that fosters a sense of deep respect for themselves, each other and the community.

Shekinah Radiance Academy Abundant Life 5

Posted June 29, 2011
For the record the school is run by a group out of San Antonio not by Abundant Life Church. The church has no input on the daily operations and part of the reason things are changing. I understand the new school has top rated Teachers and Adminastration hired and will operate completly different than Shekinah Radiance. I think the community will have a school to be very proud of once everything is put in place.

Posted May 16, 2011
I always thought it to be the right thing to do when a student hears that another student is making threats against the school to report it. According to the administration there it's "only gossip" unless it's heard directly from the one making the threats. And the children who report these things shouldn't be going home and telling their parents there were terroristic threats because "how would they like it if someone were saying something like that about them." The teachers are afraid of the kids and don't enforce any kind of discipline or control. The academics are a joke. The few good teachers they have don't stay because they aren't taken seriously and aren't allowed to do their jobs properly. I hope and pray things turn around next year when the church takes it over.

Shekinah Radiance Academy Abundant Life 2

Posted January 28, 2011
My child's class is way too big. There is 27 kids in there. That is alot more than her friends who are in the same grade in Dickinson. Also her teacher has changed again, this is her third one. And the pricipal and vice principal has changed again...It doesn't surprise me that there is alot of behavior problems there. I regret my decision to switch my daughter from Mainland Prep. The education, stability and discipline is much better there.

Posted November 02, 2010
I was horrified at the parent meeting last night. Every question we asked was avoided, danced around, or lied about. There are two teachers in every class? LIE. There are enough books for every student? LIE The fire escape doors haven't been broken for three months? LIE. The AC wasn't broken all last year so kids sat sweltering in 100 degree heat? LIE . You people should be ashamed to call yourselves Christians

Posted October 26, 2010
This is just another example of low income children being used to make more $$$ for rich folk. The state gives this school tons of money but none of that money goes towards teachers (they fired half of elementary), supplies, or fixing the building (none of the doors work) but the so called christians next door seem to be rolling in gold. Well you may be getting away with it but God is still watching you.

Posted October 24, 2010
I give up on the school formally notifying me that my child's kindergarten teacher is gone and why. I know why from other parents, its because they lied to us about small classes to get us enrolled and then cut half of all the teachers to half days to save money and crowded all the kids into one room thinking we wouldnt notice......Since my son really likes Mrs. hawkins and is already reading some I know he will be fine this year but after that we're leaving and so are many others

Posted October 02, 2010
Well it seems we have no choice but to withdraw my kids- my 3rd grader is not gonna be in no room with 30 kids half of who are 4th graders! You can t teach 3rd AND 4th together! That don t make sense at all. And my 2nd grader love her teacher, and is now getting moved to another class with 26-27 kids? I dont believe for one second that they dont got enough money I think the truth is the church is taking back over next year (praise God) so Shekinah wants to save every penny at the expence of our kids education. Shame on yall owners! Teachers your in our prayers.

Shekinah Radiance Academy Abundant Life
612 Malone St, La Marque, TX  77568
Last modified Shekinah Radiance Academy Abundant Life is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shekinah Radiance Academy Abundant Life Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top