Bad
Good

This is a horrible school my son was injured do the ineptitude of a teacher(Tamara Self ), she literally open a door in my son's face splitting his lip and bruising his upper gum. Principal wasn't much help, the teachers excuse was "Who would expect a kid behind a door".. well if you are working in an elementary school I would expect kids everywhere!!

Let me start with they don't deserve a star! This school is absolutely horrible. I attempted everything to get my son help when he was struggling and the teacher wouldn't do anything. I jumped through every hoop in the school to acquire help and when he was still being put on the back burned I went to the district. When the distinct step in the teacher and counselor lied while the principal backed them up. They all know they were in the wrong. After that moment everything went downhill, fast. Who in their right mind would do that to the child just to not look bad because she didn't know how to teach correctly. Needless to say we moved school to CCISD and everything is amazing his teach loves him. The school and her are using every resource they have to fix the damage Jennie Ried did to my son.

My grand child has attended JRE since kindergarten in 2009. I have the utmost respect for the faculty and staff that I have had the opportunity to meet. It is apparent that the students are number one priority on this campus. I am pleased my grandchild is able to attend such a school.

I have had so many issues with this school, my daughter has really struggled the past two years and her teacher this year just gave up on her. Not to mention I finally found a way to teach my daughter that works and during the STAAR test the teacher told her she couldn't do it that way. Horrible school and we are not going to send her back there next year.

The teachers at Jennie Reid are amazing and caring educators. Every teacher my children have had, are dedicated and nurturing individuals, and deserve to be recognized.

I had to transfer my daughters in the middle of the school year and wasn't looking forward to the transition but the staff and the teachers made it very pleasant. All the teachers that I have met are great. I am especially grateful to Ms. Bales she has been great at making my daughters first year in school (K) a wonderful experience!

After staff changes they went from a wonderful school to one that acted with almost communistic behavior towards the kids on a daily basis. Not alot of the teachers seemed too happy there anymore and the kids were much happier before the changes. There was quite alot of unnecessary yelling at the children and most seemed not to even like kids that work there.

Although it is only 6 weeks into the school year, I feel that my daughter's kindergarten teacher is wonderful. Her name is Mrs. Kaluga. She is a very compassionate and understanding person. She understands the needs of my daughter, and tries to make her class as stress free as possibly. She keeps me informed of her problems and her progress. She works with us to give my daughter the same learning environment as every other child. She is very patient and understanding towards the needs of all her students. I hope that all the teachers are as caring as she is. She makes my daughter excited to go to school, as well as learn. I am extremely grateful that there are still loving teachers that strive to give every child a great learning experience.

Last modified Jennie Reid Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.