Jennie Reid Elementary School 1

Posted October 26, 2014
Let me start with they don't deserve a star! This school is absolutely horrible. I attempted everything to get my son help when he was struggling and the teacher wouldn't do anything. I jumped through every hoop in the school to acquire help and when he was still being put on the back burned I went to the district. When the distinct step in the teacher and counselor lied while the principal backed them up. They all know they were in the wrong. After that moment everything went downhill, fast. Who in their right mind would do that to the child just to not look bad because she didn't know how to teach correctly. Needless to say we moved school to CCISD and everything is amazing his teach loves him. The school and her are using every resource they have to fix the damage Jennie Ried did to my son.

Posted June 24, 2013
My grand child has attended JRE since kindergarten in 2009. I have the utmost respect for the faculty and staff that I have had the opportunity to meet. It is apparent that the students are number one priority on this campus. I am pleased my grandchild is able to attend such a school.

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers at Jennie Reid are amazing and caring educators. Every teacher my children have had, are dedicated and nurturing individuals, and deserve to be recognized.

Posted February 15, 2009

Jennie Reid Elementary School 4

Posted May 02, 2007
I had to transfer my daughters in the middle of the school year and wasn't looking forward to the transition but the staff and the teachers made it very pleasant. All the teachers that I have met are great. I am especially grateful to Ms. Bales she has been great at making my daughters first year in school (K) a wonderful experience!

Jennie Reid Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2006
After staff changes they went from a wonderful school to one that acted with almost communistic behavior towards the kids on a daily basis. Not alot of the teachers seemed too happy there anymore and the kids were much happier before the changes. There was quite alot of unnecessary yelling at the children and most seemed not to even like kids that work there.

Posted September 18, 2006
Although it is only 6 weeks into the school year, I feel that my daughter's kindergarten teacher is wonderful. Her name is Mrs. Kaluga. She is a very compassionate and understanding person. She understands the needs of my daughter, and tries to make her class as stress free as possibly. She keeps me informed of her problems and her progress. She works with us to give my daughter the same learning environment as every other child. She is very patient and understanding towards the needs of all her students. I hope that all the teachers are as caring as she is. She makes my daughter excited to go to school, as well as learn. I am extremely grateful that there are still loving teachers that strive to give every child a great learning experience.

Posted December 31, 2005
Extremely wonderful leadership by administrators. Teachers love their kids!

Jennie Reid Elementary School 4

Posted September 01, 2005
Great school, lots of parent/teacher involvement.

Posted August 05, 2005
School is getting ready to start again, the staff and principal are all working hard to get ready for the children. Eubanks has many new programs and positive teachers this year for the students. This year is going to be great! I feel it was hard for him replacing Risner the way it all happened. Has kept the students and teachers happy and learning, and that is the main thing. He seems to be enjoying his position at school more, as parents, teachers and most important students get to know him better.

Jennie Reid Elementary School
1002 San Jacinto Street, La Porte, TX  77571
Last modified Jennie Reid Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jennie Reid Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top