Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted September 13, 2015
Don't worrie about the kids just passing a state test. If you educate them in all areas they naturally pass the test.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted September 13, 2015
Teachers need to have an passion to genuinely help educate the kids. Working as a teacher for the schedule will not cut it.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted September 13, 2015
10-15 mins of homework for a 5th grader?! Really? At his other school he had more than that in kindergarten!

Shady Shores Elementary School 1

Posted April 15, 2015
From the very beginning we had troubles. SSE is not the place for children who are above average as there is no effort given to challenge them. Two hours of GT doesn't cut it. We were told by the principal that by 3rd grade all of the students will catch up with my child. So I guess that means she would just sit and wait on them for 2 years? I was very disheartened when my second child had similar issues. We moved into another district known for better schools and have found a complete opposite experiences.

Posted November 26, 2014
The teachers at SSE have always been first rate but due to the poor leadership of VANGEE DEUSSEN We have lost some of our best teachers. Even the "Teacher of the Year," was made so miserable that she moved campuses. I wish the school board and Ms. Stinson would take noticed of the high turn over rate of staff at the campus. It speaks volumes to the unhappy work environment she has created at SSE. Parents are not treated warmly. Deussen is cold, and condescending in her interactions with parents, staff and children. My own child came home one day and asked me if I thought the principal even liked children!

Shady Shores Elementary School 4

Posted July 01, 2014
My first child is going into the 2nd grade. We have had teacher who care about teaching. They have really been wonderful. The one and only issue I have had with the school was my child fell at school and severely broke her arm. We were told to keep her out of school for a couple of days. Not one member from the administration bothered to call.

Posted March 08, 2014
Our two children are now in 5th grade and have attended Shady Shores Elementary since 1st grade. We have been blown away by blessing upon blessing at this school for our children. Each year, teachers have been amazing in terms of skills/qualifications, as well as kindness and genuine concern for all students. The administration is GREAT and runs a tight-ship on safety and proper procedures. The halls are bright and cheerful and the environment is very warm and welcoming. Cannot think of any complaints & feel very blessed for such a great school.

Posted October 31, 2012
It amazes me that SSE could even receive a negative review. So many positive things are going on. We are the only elementary school with a morning assembly where the entire school gets to be part of news, the pledges, and acknowledgement of student successes. The leadership of SSE continues to accept new ideas. SSE is a great school! Get involved and see all SSE does for the students!

Posted October 30, 2012
Shady Shores USED to be an amazing place. Unfortunately, when the last principal retired and the new principal took over everything changed. Long gone is the warm environment where you where happy to place your children. The place seems so cold now, and as a parent who has had three children walk through those doors I find it heartbreaking. The principal is responsilble for setting the tone, and how sad it is that the tone she has set for the staff and students is that laughter, happiness and fun are no longer welcome in the halls of Shady Shores. The teaching staff there is truly top-notch. However, I have watched the life drain from their faces over the past few years since Ms. Deussen took charge. When a principal can't even manage to fake a smile for children, it is clearly time to find a new job. I pray that Lake Dallas ISD realizes this before it's too late. Kids deserve a wonderful elementary school experience.

Posted October 26, 2012
My wife and I have developed a good rapport with SSE because of the wonderful willingness of teachers and staff at the school. The receptionists are always very helpful, as are the principal and assistants. My child takes medication while at school and the teachers and nurse have been wonderful at reminding him and even rewarding him for independently coming to take his medication.

P O Box 548, Lake Dallas, TX  76208
Last modified Shady Shores Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shady Shores Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top