Lake Dallas, TX
Before care: Yes

Childrens Lighthouse 5

Posted October 07, 2009
We have had two children at Children s Lighthouse Learning Center. We never had our children in preschool out of necessity but felt they needed social interaction with children their own age. Our oldest has just started Private Elementary school. We had him at two different preschools before entering him in Children s Lighthouse. We were very displeased with the attention and accountability at the previous locations. He was at Children s Lighthouse for two years and loved each of his teachers. All of the staff knew him well, and we got immediate reports of any incidences pertaining to him. He excelled in the Abeka program and scored 94% on the entrance exam to the private school. He reads well and when he had spelling homework, he spelled everything before actually seeing the words he was supposed to review. He has all A s at the private school. I have been thoroughly impressed with his progress. We entered our youngest son in preschool at one year of age to get social time. At fifteen months old he could sign and sing the alphabet, count to ten, sign simple signs like milk, and sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. They change his diaper so often to make sure he didn t stay wet or soiled that we had to inquire why they were going through so many diapers in a day. We do work with our children at home but they are not sat in front of videos all day at the center. The center has video cameras in every room for parents to watch their children. I would leave my computer up to watch our oldest and was amazed how he would just sit in class at his chair and do his work. I now watch our youngest child play and interact with his teacher. If parents have any concerns they have an open-door policy and the cameras are on continuously. At their last state inspection they had zero infractions. I agree with the comment that employees could post comments to boost their ratings but my husband and I are very active in our children s lives and education and know everything that is going on. My husband drops in daily to help out or pick up our child early. We had a horrific experience at a local Catholic elementary school that in no way even compares to the comments here. I was afraid that it would leave a lasting impression on our oldest son but the staff at Children s Lighthouse helped with his self-esteem and made him feel welcome and loved. He was very hesitant to go to a new school, and I told the director I wish they offered through high school so he wouldn t have to change. The director and Kindergarten teacher made the transition bearable for him and offered to even talk to his new teacher if he wanted. I am in healthcare and have never seen any circumstances I was uncomfortable with or concerned about. I understand that each person may have a bad experience even under the best circumstances but I feel very confidant in the care of my most beloved treasures. The company is family-owned and Christian-based. We have had two children at Children s Lighthouse Learning Center. We never had our children in preschool out of necessity but felt they needed social interaction with children their own age. Our oldest has just started Private Elementary school. We had him at two different preschools before entering him in Children s Lighthouse. We were very displeased with the attention and accountability at the previous locations. He was at Children s Lighthouse for two years and loved each of his teachers. All of the staff knew him well, and we got immediate reports of any incidences pertaining to him. He excelled in the Abeka program and scored 94% on the entrance exam to the private school. He reads well and when he had spelling homework, he spelled everything before actually seeing the words he was supposed to review. He has all A s at the private school. I have been thoroughly impressed with his progress. We entered our youngest son in preschool at one year of age to get social time. At fifteen months old he could sign and sing the alphabet, count to ten, sign simple signs like milk, and sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. They change his diaper so often to make sure he didn t stay wet or soiled that we had to inquire why they were going through so many diapers in a day. We do work with our children at home but they are not sat in front of videos all day at the center. The center has video cameras in every room for parents to watch their children. I would leave my computer up to watch our oldest and was amazed how he would just sit in class at his chair and do his work. I now watch our youngest child play and interact with his teacher. If parents have any concerns they have an open-door policy and the cameras are on continuously. At their last state inspection they had zero infractions. I agree with the comment that employees could post comments to boost their ratings but my husband and I are very active in our children s lives and education and know everything that is going on. My husband drops in daily to help out or pick up our child early. We had a horrific experience at a local Catholic elementary school that in no way even compares to the comments here. I was afraid that it would leave a lasting impression on our oldest son but the staff at Children s Lighthouse helped with his self-esteem and made him feel welcome and loved. He was very hesitant to go to a new school, and I told the director I wish they offered through high school so he wouldn t have to change. The director and Kindergarten teacher made the transition bearable for him and offered to even talk to his new teacher if he wanted. I am in healthcare and have never seen any circumstances I was uncomfortable with or concerned about. I understand that each person may have a bad experience even under the best circumstances but I feel very confidant in the care of my most beloved treasures. The company is family-owned and Christian-based.

Childrens Lighthouse