Lake Dallas, TX

Posted July 14, 2015
Great school, moved here 3 years ago and my son started in kindergarten and was reading by the time he entered first grade. They have him in the Excel program to advance and learn at a faster pace. My daughter is now in 5th grade and reading at an 8th grade level. I only wish I would have moved earlier and had her start at this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 14, 2015
Great School, i've had the kids here three years since moving to lake Dallas and its been great. Coming from Dallas ISD this is 10X a difference. My son put in kindergarten and was reading before he went to first grade, they have an Excel program that he is in now that helps him advance and learn at a faster pace. They have really helped my daughter as well, she's going to 5th grade now and is reading at an 8th grade level. I only wish I would have moved earlier and had my daughter start at this school as my son did.

Posted September 05, 2012
This is an awesome school. My daughters started here in the middle of the school year (we moved from out of state) everyone was so welcoming. This is their 2nd year here and I cant say enough good things about this schol. The teachers truely care about the students, its a small home town feel. Everyone is so friendly! My girls just LOVE this school!!!

Posted April 11, 2011
Lake Dallas Elem. is a fabulous school. The teachers were able to get into the school barely a week before school (due to the construction of the building) and you would never have known it-- the school and classrooms were put together beautifully and my children were welcomed with open arms. Both my children attend this school and we have nothing but fantastic things to say. Both of my children's teachers keep in touch with me and keep me up on all school and classroom activities. I am thankful my kids get to be part of a district with so much pride. (The TAKs scores were not released before the end of the year because the school didn't get them before then!! The school was anxiously awaiting the resluts as well.

Posted June 12, 2010
My daughter has had high straight A's since attending this school and she loves it there. Her TAKS scores were off the charts and I have to think this school for that.

Lake Dallas Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2010
My child truly enjoys attending Lake Dallas Elementary School The Family Access page for the school is top notch and provides a large amount of information, so that even if a child forgets to keep you updated the website sure will! The only thing that bothered me this year is that TAKS results were not made available until the last day of school. That makes planning a summer vacation an impossibility until after that time.

Posted January 07, 2010
LDISD is an excellent school district and the new Lake Dallas Elementary School is beautiful; laid out perfectly; even, comfortable temperatures, and there is evidence of student/teacher pride here.

Lake Dallas Elementary School 4

Posted May 21, 2008
We have a daughter in LD elementary and a son in LD intermediate, and have been generally happy with both schools- particularly the principal in the elementary school. Our sole concern is the lack of urgency when a child is not performing to potential. We are more than happy to support the teacher by making sure our children are studying and doing the extra work they need to succeed. However, several times we have found out one of our children was performing below potential in a subject only after calling to ask a question. With slightly better teacher-parent communication, this would be a 5 star school system in our opinion. As is, we are very happy to have our children at Lake Dallas.

Lake Dallas Elementary School 3

Posted June 28, 2006
I currently have a two kids in the district one at the LD Primary and one at the LD Elementary. The Primary has been a great experience not only for my kids but also for me as a parent. The staff is always welcoming and make you feel as much a part of your child's education as they are. You won't find a better group of people. As for the Elementary, there are many new teachers (or inexperienced teachers) which I have found,not only can bring great new ideas but at the same time they do not know how to handle disruptive children which has caused problems for other children to be able to learn the curriculum. My child is also an advanced learner and I have found it very difficult to get the appropriate curriculum. Parents comments do not seem to be a concern to this administration.

Lake Dallas Elementary School 3

Posted January 12, 2006
LDE has a small-town, friendly quality, welcoming parent involvement. However, we don't feel that our child's new-student and spec ed needs were taken seriously when we initially entered. From what we have observed, there appears to be a 'blind spot' with regard to the need for individual teacher improvement in meeting student learning needs. Teaching is challenging, and there are varying levels of skill among practitioners. Some teachers simply need improvement, and the administration needs to address that. We have not felt that our child's spec ed needs were considered in classroom placement (even though they knew of the special issues in advance), and we are not impressed with subsequent lack of action by the teacher, counselor and administration to try to bring our child along. We will keep advocating for our child and pray for the school personnel.

P O Box 548, Lake Dallas, TX  75065
Last modified Lake Dallas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Dallas Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top