Posted September 21, 2014
I greatly appreciate the teachers at this school. Not only have they challenged my daughter and son to do better academically, they also gave them the tools to make better decisions among friends. Great Job LDMS!

Posted December 26, 2013
Lake Dallas Middle school & the district in general has some very serious issues according to the news media. I believe the articles because our child had a very hideous encounter in April with one of this schools band students while at a band competition. Out of no where, and in my presence as well as others, the Lake Dallas student began screaming and hurling insults out of thin air towards an innocent student. Students from other districts became upset because it was all so unnecessary & offensive. I had never seen this type of erratic behavior before. The shocker is that this school had already had an issue with the student that very week but still allowed her to participate which later put innocent students in harms way. Never reward bad behavior. The worst part is that the parent covered up and justified the behavior as opposed to taking that very moment as the opportunity to do the right thing & show some humanity. You are not doing your child a favor by reinforcing bad behavior. There is nothing wrong with taking responsibility and saying you are sorry. That is a spiritually mature act that should be encouraged, not combatted. God is always watching looking for growth.

Posted August 10, 2013
How can parents teach their sons to respect all females when some of these girls are being raised to be disrespectful, given a false sense of entitlement, and their abnormal behavior is being coddled ? We raised our child to treat everyone under God s sky with the utmost respect but what he got in return from a student from this school, during a multi- district event, was unpredictable rage at an amusement park. How could a student be allowed to attend this culminating experience after just getting in trouble with the school? If that were not bad enough we subsequently changed our phone number because this school gave it out to the delusional parent who felt the need to not render a sincere apology for their child's behavior but rather illustrate a fictional story while attempting to take immature, juvenile, petty, and uneducated jabs at a voicemail service until it finally cut off! LOL. Thanks Lake Dallas Middle for passing out our number to a loon as opposed to doing your job and setting up a professional mediated conference call that would end with one student showing responsibility & the other being given what they deserved. I see why your district stays in the news.

Posted May 02, 2013
This school is filled with the most disrespectful students I have ever encountered. I must agree with the other two recent posters. The boys are moderately rude, but the female students are very rude and have some of the nastiest dispositions. These students have absolutely no respect and its a reflection on how they are being raised at home. I don't understand how anyone could raise their children to conduct themselves in such a savage like fashion? You should hear some of the things that come from the female students mouths. I really believe it is the leadership & parents modeling bad behavior, because 9 out of 10 times you can trace any school, group, company, or organizations negative or positive environment right back to the authority figures. There is no accountability, responsibility, or respect being taught. One poster said "Self- Fulfilling Prophesy" and this is very true. How one acts in middle school is a direct reflection upon how they will proceed throughout life. Human behavior seldom changes.As for you parents raising you children correctly, seek another district because you don't want your kids to grow accustomed to this kind of environment. Show them there's more.

Lake Dallas Middle School 2

Posted February 01, 2013
This school seems to punish the one being bullied rather than the bully. Academics are average at best. Better than the high school, but only due to less drug use. Yes I said less.... Admin needs to step up and make the district the small town with huge pride it used to be before it was taken over by administers treating our children like inner city delinquents. Ever heard of self-fulfilling prophecy? It's education 101 to treat kids how you would like them to treat others.

Posted November 08, 2012
Staff should pay more attention to bullies! It's scary when children want to hurt themselves or others. I have met several students that struggle with bullies at Lake Dallas. It should not be ignored...

Posted October 02, 2012
I have a sixth grader at Lake Dallas Middle School this year. To be honest, I was a little nervous about the transition from elementary to mdidle school. However, I have been so pleased with Lake Dallas Middle School. My daughter loves her teachers, loves the environment, and can't stop talking about what she is learning! Lake Dallas Middle School is an awesome campus!

Posted August 24, 2012
This school is a very strong middle school as I have been in the district for 12 years and have seen the other middle schools in the area. This school is just as strong, with a home town feel, and the teachers are very qualified with many teachers having their masters. The leadership of the district is off the chart as well. GO FALCONS!

Posted August 20, 2012
I have 3 sons who attended Lake Dallas from k-12. This district offers students athletics, art, band, various clubs, ag, not to mention a curriculum that pushes students to excel. I am proud of my boys and their accomplishments and credit Lake Dallas teachers with their successes.

Lake Dallas Middle School 4

Posted March 21, 2011
My son has been in the Lake Dallas school district since kindergarten and is now in 7th grade. Overall I am pleased with the quality of the teachers and their commitment to the kids and the quality of the education. I keep a close eye on academics compared to other wealthier suburbs like Frisco and Plano, and so far, my son has ranked in the top 5% of all students in the country for reading, writing, math and science. The Excel program and Mr. Cole in particular have been outstanding; however, I and several other parents I know are extremely disappointed that the district has opted to phase out Excel for 8th grade and only offer AP classes instead.

Lake Dallas Middle School
P O Box 548, Lake Dallas, TX  75065
Last modified Lake Dallas Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Dallas Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top