Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My child is always being bullied and now is so depressed over this school he is self cutting and on meds.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

My son was in 504 and teachers never followed his special needs.

Dumb dress code, kids at this age shouldn't be forced to dress like every student there. Parents should be in control of the clothes their children wear, if those kids break the rules then they should be forced to wear a uniform. Teachers and administrators favor kids that are athletes, honors or teachers kids.

this is a bad school and im in the student council do not let your kids go here

I pray that we can find another school for my child! The administration and the teachers are a joke! They are so disrespectful and today they told me something then completed changed thier story to cover thier "own rear ends". I am so dissapointed! I pray I can find another school!

Our sons had a great 6th grade year and we are thankful for great staff, teachers with many years of experience, who sincerely care for their students and have hearts to serve. Thank you LDMS staff for all you do!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers my sons have had are very experienced, willing to tutor before or after school, if needed, and truly care about the kids & their success.

Half my son's teachers are horribly disorganized to the point where we can not tell what projects and homework are due. He has one that is well organized and keeps the homework list updated online. When we contacted administration about these problems, they assumed we were the problem instead of looking for consistency from their teachers. After great experiences with LDE/Shady Shores Elementary, we are extremely disappointed.

We took our son out of Lake Dallas Middle School when he was in 7th grade after we had had enough. The teachers are disrespectful, the administration is incompetent and biased, the list of problems goes on and on. As a result, the students tend to do whatever they see fit, including bullying and fighting often right in front of the teachers! We couldn't have our child in an environment where it was basically a free-for-all and the lowest priority seemed to be education.

I greatly appreciate the teachers at this school. Not only have they challenged my daughter and son to do better academically, they also gave them the tools to make better decisions among friends. Great Job LDMS!

Last modified Lake Dallas Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.