Lakeway, TX

Posted May 10, 2014
Abercorn International School in Austin, TX is an extraordinary school. I know the leaders and owners of this organization and they are people of great integrity. This is reflected in all aspects of their facilities and curriculum - in their course of studies, which is current and in keeping with the demands of a global focus and community, in the facilities themselves which are state of the art and designed in a way that is joyfully encouraging learning and, of course, in the healthy meals provided by Whole Foods. My son will soon need to choose a school for his children - I will enthusiastically recommend Abercorn International to him! I support the values demonstrated by this fine educational institution as they provide a much needed perspective if we are to continue to thrive in ever growing global opportunities.

Posted April 30, 2014
As a contractor for this school, I am very impressed with its staff and management. They are totally dedicated to providing a well rounded high quality educational experience for their students. They also impress me with regards to there forward thinking growth plans which will rival any other school in the Lake Travis area. If I had school age children, I would enroll them in Abercorn International School.

Posted March 15, 2014
Two kids in the school. Mandarin and Spanish are taught from the earliest ages. Whole Foods caters lunch. Well resourced. Sister schools in London and New York. Secular, global perspective imbued from the earliest ages. World class teaching. As opposed to other schools in the area with similar approaches, this school has a no fundraising policy, so you pay your tuition and there are no extra "wink wink" expectations of opening your wallet again.

Posted November 15, 2013
I have had children in this school for 3 years. Last year the school went through quite a few changes that at first were alarming but ended up being the absolute best thing for the school. Where it was a good school before, now it is excellent. Each week parents are invited in to their children's classroom to observe their work for the week and each week I am blown away by what has been covered. I love that my children are excited to go to school each day and that they are developing a real love of learning. If you are looking for a private education for you child, then I strongly suggest you visit Abercorn.

Posted September 15, 2013
If you slam Abercorn and give it one star, then put your name after your post if you want us to believe you. Otherwise, we know you're just a spiteful parent who has a very sad agenda Get a life!

Posted August 25, 2013
As a student at Abercorn International School, I have learned to challenge myself to the highest expectations. I've had my weaknesses in school, but I've learned to push them to the greatest lengths. At Abercorn I didn't just use my best; the teachers there showed me how to do more than that. I learned to pursue education in life instead of waiting for it to come to me. I thank Abercorn International School for everything I achieve in life. They made me who I am today. - a student

Posted August 13, 2013
Our daughter has been enrolled in Abercorn for over 2 years and our experience has been nothing less than exceptional. My main focus is to see her grow scholastically and emotionally while being in a stable and nurturing environment. This has not changed since the departure of our former head. The loss of a charismatic headmistress was unfortunate, but this is a situation that could have happened anywhere. Many of those leaving are basing their departure on semantics and/or issues that have little to do with education, staff or atmosphere. I am shocked by some of the comments. Not one person I am in contact with feels like a victim. We are proud to be here at Abercorn and most of us wish those that left all the best with their choice. Aside from that we tend to focus on what looks like to be an exciting future. If you are questioning where to send your child, do go visit the school and yes PLEASE DO talk to the teachers and parents and decide for yourself. Also, my daughter is 5 and reading at a 2nd grade level with a confidence and zest for learning that is much attributed to her years at Abercorn.

Posted July 30, 2013
Our daughter has attended Abercorn since it opened and we couldn't be more pleased. The level of education that she has received is unequal in this area; which in itself is known for the exceptional schools. The work she completed last year in Kindergarten is equal to that of 2nd graders! We are very excited for the upcoming school year due to all the necessary changes that have been made.

Posted July 20, 2013
This school is amazing. I have seen so much progress in my child since they started at Abercorn. We looked all around the City at other schools and didnt find anything that even comes close to comparing to Abercorn. The curriculum provides a deeply academic but also very broad education and the kids do this while being in a really warm, fun and nurturing environment. I am particularly amazed at seeing the two and half year old kids achieve so much. And the recent production of Joseph was just amazing particularly for kids so young. I have heard many rumors in relation to the departure of the headmistress but have done my research into these and believe they are simply part of a smear campaign against the School. It is really sad that people would take part in such a campaign as it will impact the kids.

Posted July 13, 2013
I couldn't have said anything better than the last two posts. This school has not changed except in the "headmistress" (principal) and a few teachers. What school doesn't go thru staff changes? As far as communication, all the "negative nellies" were in contact with Oreilly and failed to tell the majority of the other parents that. That in itself speaks volumes. So, sell your paw prints for The Texas International school and leave Our School Alone. Your need to bring down a school and family are detestable! We, Abercorn, do not need parents with this sort of lack of integrity around our children.

Abercorn International School
601 Ranch Road 620 South, Lakeway, TX  78734
Last modified Abercorn International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Abercorn International School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top