Lampasas High School 3

Posted August 31, 2014
Other reviews made by students will be bad. The other students mostly review the social characteristics of the school and therefore cannot be taken into account. They say that if you "don't have the right last name" or if you aren't in sports you are "nothing", and that is true for any school. I can say, however, being one of the "known" students(I guess) that people from different social groups do get along here. Students who leave negative reviews about the social whereabouts of this school I can confidently say are the students who do not put themselves forward and are not involved in school activities. I am a junior taking PAP and AP classes, and the teachers are definitely sufficient in my eyes. I am struggling but that is what you're supposed to do in advanced classes. And yes, the food is putrid, but that is state/nation mandated and can be blamed on Michelle Obama... This school is safe and punishment fair for everyone. Dresscode is strict but you can't expect anything else from old town, republican Texas. This school is 6 years old and is easily accessible by the physically handicapped. The life skills program is great and I love being involved with all of the kids.

Posted December 28, 2013
This school is not one you want your kids going to. If your not sports, have a popular last name or fit into their mindset of what you have to be like then your nothing. The guidance counselors only help you if they believe you have a chance for a future, Teachers don't care much. I've had several teachers, and I was only there from 10-12 grade, who didn't care and let us do whatever. Don't sent your kids here if you want a bright future for them.

Posted August 03, 2013
Extremely Unsatisfactory.I have attended this school district for 3 yrs,grades 8-10 and is directly behind many of the reasons why i am dropping out and going to Job Corps to get my GED to get a head start on college.Their only primary concerns are Attendance,their beyond ridiculous dress code(which doesn't apply to people in sports/cheerleading) and sports(the sports teams here are a joke and win about a quarter or a third of all of their games).Everything else is a secondary concern,including grades/education.the food here is mostly sub-par and is expensive,almost all electives are agriculture/or related,only a handful of electives are available outside of agricultural field,most of the teachers are dumb/incompetent and play favorites with certain students(and even cheat for them)there are a few exceptions but rare,the town's general attitude is no different in the school system.they hate LGBT,military,non-protestant christians and ppl of any other religion,anybody who isn't white and conservative,and in general anybody who isn't born and raised locally.I fall under all of the above and had a really difficult time and the odds were always against me.PS i was a quiet loner.DONT GO

Posted July 16, 2013
Lampasas High School provides a solid, if unspectacular, education. The student body is too diverse socioeconomically to pretend it is an ideal college prep school. That being said, the kids in the top half of their class go on to college and seem to do okay. Teachers, for the most part, care about their students and communicate with parents who are concerned and make the effort. The current principal runs a tight ship and discipline is good if not perfect. Athletics are a mixed bag but overall there are plenty of opportunities for kids to participate. Band, choir, FFA, UIL Speech & Debate as well as an active Key Club service organization are among extracurricular activities. Two of my kids have graduated from LHS and I can honestly say that I felt they were in a safe learning environment and in this day and age that means something.

Posted June 04, 2013
My child attended Lampasas from 1-12 grades. She then after attended Texas Tech University and struggled with all her core classes. Her adviser said it was due to the poor education she recieved from Lampasas. She was in all AP classes and made all A's and B's. This school will not prepare your child for college. Attendance and State Testing is their main concerns.

Posted May 23, 2013
This school is absolutely dreadful. I've been attending LHS for two years now and it has been the worst experience of my life thus far. God forbid you aren't a part of the football team or the small sports and athletic department they do offer or you literally amount to nothing. The food is putrid and the school is packed like a sardine can 90% of the time due to all of the nonexistent funding we do receive going to the meat-head football coaches to support our terribly ungifted team. Technology is severely out of date and pretty much inaccessible to students. Lampasas High School honestly only cares about sports and attendance as you get lunch detention if you are late to class more than three times per semester. Attendance is unreasonable and put above any other factors on the 'Important List'. The teachers at the school are apathetic towards the students education and the connect between parent-teacher is virtually nonexistent unless they are old high school buddies or share the same football team. The students are ignorant and the base community is white supremacists only attending simply because it's required. I wouldn't allow my worst enemy to attend this sad school.

Posted April 15, 2011
We are a Military family and have been many places and this is one of the best schools my children have been to. I am so happy that we picked this small town school for our kids. My son graduated last year and is currently in college. My daughter is about to graduate and she is very prepared. The teachers are great. They know how to interact with the youth. Keep it up LHS!!!!!

Lampasas High School 3

Posted September 11, 2009
Our teachers are great and im learning alot. Academics are wonderful. The band has been a great experience. Our coaches are mostly hired right out of college and causes the school alot of grief. They make the players look bad with such poor coaching. Overall Lampasas High School is a great place.

Posted August 24, 2009

Posted February 01, 2009

Lampasas High School
207 West 8th Street, Lampasas, TX  76550
Last modified Lampasas High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lampasas High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top