625 students|Life School

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

We are really pleased with what Life School Cedar Hill has to offer! Unlike our home district, LSCH challenges students both in the classroom and via optional after school programs that the students can take part in. The teachers are kind and caring, and they go above and beyond to ensure each student is successful. This school has been a life saver for us. The public school our children are zoned to is failing, and we had to pull them out. Extreme discipline problems that we were seeing in our former District, Desoto ISD, are not present here. Poor behavior is dealt with swiftly and consistently. I don't have to worry about my children being harmed by other students here! Our children now look forward to going to school because they know they will be safe and challenged in a fun environment!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They only teach for the STAAR test & very little else. Very little encouragement to learn anything else.

I pulled my son out of Cedar Hill public school after 2nd grade to put him in this school. He did well in 3rd, & especially 4th grade. The nonsense started last year in 5th grade. He was placed with his desk in the hallway for a month before my son told me what was going on. The teachers take the word of another child about something without an adult being present as a witness. Mrs. Shepherd is very rude. My son asked several times to contact me over something he was falsely accused of & was told no. I've even been told that he can't come to the phone or call me back. He's been told by Mrs. Shepherd that he's being bad & never does anything good. Is that really how you deal with children? I guess so when you don't care about them or their well being. So thankful that this is his last year. Run, don't walk away from this school!!

My children have been there for a few years now and I can say it is one of the best (if not THE best) elementary school in the area.

Not only are the students on there grade level they learn higher grade level of work also the staff at cedar hill life school are great

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

It would be unfair to group the few good teachers with the rest, and it's difficult to hold them accountable for the low standards prescribed by the leadership.

Amount of homework: Agree

For my childs age, there really shouldn't be excessive homework, but provide a bridge to help them adjust. . . just my opinion, but not strongly held.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I'm laughing--it would be a ridiculous assertion that they foster those traits, but rather the antithesis of them.

I have filed a complaint with the Family Policy Compliance Office of the Department of Education, and possess a plethera of audio recordings, emails, and other evidence that clearly exposes several staff members of working in collusion to hide, alter, and destroy student records. The administrator and PEIM's coordinator both worked to cover it up and hopefully placate me. I waited till the end of the school year for the sake of my child before filing the complaint. The process will likely go into the next school year, and I hope to spare your children from attending school in an environment lacking integrity, honesty, and competence. The irony is pervasive--the official District email signature template has ' Integrity' included. Ha. Below is a list of the violations I can unequivocably evidence, with others I cannot prove, as I did not initally begin recording conversations, but yet witnessed. If you love your child, you will avoid this district like the plague. [ X ] Inappropriate maintenance of records/content [ X ] A violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. Challenge to Record or Content [ X ] Inaccurate [ X ] Misleading [ X ] Incomplete [ X ] Failure to provide notification of all rights (totally or in needed language) [ x ] Other: Intentionally withholding and altering records

Look at the map and address on the right. This school address says Lancaster, 950 S Interstate 35 East. But the heading says Life School Cedar Hill. There is a Life school in Lancaster and another one on Wintergreen street in Cedar Hill. Which location are these reviews for?

Last modified Life School Cedar Hill is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.