Public charter
Lancaster, TX

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted May 21, 2015
It would be unfair to group the few good teachers with the rest, and it's difficult to hold them accountable for the low standards prescribed by the leadership.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 21, 2015
For my childs age, there really shouldn't be excessive homework, but provide a bridge to help them adjust. . . just my opinion, but not strongly held.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
They aspire to meet the state minimum. Maybe it's just in relationship to my education, but it's frightening to witness how low the expectations are.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
Respect cannot exist absent integrity and honesty, not to mention leadership. Additionally, it's difficult for students to respect those lacking competency.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
The district does not allow students to provide contact information to each other, preventing students from developing the close friendships school should foster, so as to help children better develop socially.antithesis of those traits.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
I'm laughing--it would be a ridiculous assertion that they foster those traits, but rather the antithesis of them.

Posted May 21, 2015
I have filed a complaint with the Family Policy Compliance Office of the Department of Education, and possess a plethera of audio recordings, emails, and other evidence that clearly exposes several staff members of working in collusion to hide, alter, and destroy student records. The administrator and PEIM's coordinator both worked to cover it up and hopefully placate me. I waited till the end of the school year for the sake of my child before filing the complaint. The process will likely go into the next school year, and I hope to spare your children from attending school in an environment lacking integrity, honesty, and competence. The irony is pervasive--the official District email signature template has ' Integrity' included. Ha. Below is a list of the violations I can unequivocably evidence, with others I cannot prove, as I did not initally begin recording conversations, but yet witnessed. If you love your child, you will avoid this district like the plague. [ X ] Inappropriate maintenance of records/content [ X ] A violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. Challenge to Record or Content [ X ] Inaccurate [ X ] Misleading [ X ] Incomplete [ X ] Failure to provide notification of all rights (totally or in needed language) [ x ] Other: Intentionally withholding and altering records

Life School Cedar Hill 3

Posted August 09, 2014
Look at the map and address on the right. This school address says Lancaster, 950 S Interstate 35 East. But the heading says Life School Cedar Hill. There is a Life school in Lancaster and another one on Wintergreen street in Cedar Hill. Which location are these reviews for?

Posted August 05, 2014
My son has attended this school since kindergarten. I voiced my concerns about the poor methods of teaching & concerns about my son's progress in an email to the Principal who scheduled a meeting with me & her assistant principal who was very rude, insulting & disrespectful. He is scheduled to go to the third grade. I noticed this summer he could barely read & do math. I spoke to other parents, it was obvious that the school focused more on the female students & do very little to develop the male students unless they were quick learners. Parents noticed that their sons were quickly labeled & continually harassed to a point that the parent would transfer their son. This would allow the focus on students who were easy learners so that the school could continue to have its statistics as an exempt school. This there is ONLY White Female teachers w/a report of over 50% minority students. NO diversity among full-time faculty. The principal seems to be more interested in their statistics then investing in ALL of their students. I recommend that parents, especially those of sons, pay close attention to the progress of their child's learning. The grades received may be deceptive.

Posted July 27, 2014
I worked at this school for a short time. It was a sad, sick experience. The fights, and words I heard from young students was what you might see in a violent bar. The behavior of the kids was so terrible I couldn't teach. I tried love and logic, these kids needs more than just positive reinforcement and recess taken away, most of them needed a drill Sargent. I sent a student to the principal's office who screamed profanity and hit other children repeatedly, the student was back in my classroom in half an hour! At any other school a child who does that gets in school suspension or expelled. This terrible behavior is tolerated which is why the kids are so horrible. The reason why teacher quality is low, is because teachers can not teach at this school, so they get out as soon as possible and always have new teachers. Teachers are constantly leaving. I left without having another job and started bar tending because I would do about any other job than work at this school. Since then, I've worked for two wonderful public school districts and loved every minute of teaching.

950 S Interstate 35 East, Lancaster, TX  75146
Last modified Life School Cedar Hill is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Life School Cedar Hill Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top