Public charter
Lancaster, TX

Life School Cedar Hill 3

Posted August 09, 2014
Look at the map and address on the right. This school address says Lancaster, 950 S Interstate 35 East. But the heading says Life School Cedar Hill. There is a Life school in Lancaster and another one on Wintergreen street in Cedar Hill. Which location are these reviews for?

Posted August 05, 2014
My son has attended this school since kindergarten. I voiced my concerns about the poor methods of teaching & concerns about my son's progress in an email to the Principal who scheduled a meeting with me & her assistant principal who was very rude, insulting & disrespectful. He is scheduled to go to the third grade. I noticed this summer he could barely read & do math. I spoke to other parents, it was obvious that the school focused more on the female students & do very little to develop the male students unless they were quick learners. Parents noticed that their sons were quickly labeled & continually harassed to a point that the parent would transfer their son. This would allow the focus on students who were easy learners so that the school could continue to have its statistics as an exempt school. This there is ONLY White Female teachers w/a report of over 50% minority students. NO diversity among full-time faculty. The principal seems to be more interested in their statistics then investing in ALL of their students. I recommend that parents, especially those of sons, pay close attention to the progress of their child's learning. The grades received may be deceptive.

Posted July 27, 2014
I worked at this school for a short time. It was a sad, sick experience. The fights, and words I heard from young students was what you might see in a violent bar. The behavior of the kids was so terrible I couldn't teach. I tried love and logic, these kids needs more than just positive reinforcement and recess taken away, most of them needed a drill Sargent. I sent a student to the principal's office who screamed profanity and hit other children repeatedly, the student was back in my classroom in half an hour! At any other school a child who does that gets in school suspension or expelled. This terrible behavior is tolerated which is why the kids are so horrible. The reason why teacher quality is low, is because teachers can not teach at this school, so they get out as soon as possible and always have new teachers. Teachers are constantly leaving. I left without having another job and started bar tending because I would do about any other job than work at this school. Since then, I've worked for two wonderful public school districts and loved every minute of teaching.

Posted May 30, 2014
Please do not send your child here. They do not care about your child as an individual. This school is only interested in teaching kids as if they were clones. The problem with that is that all children do not learn the same way. I took my child out of this school midway through the year. I was much happier to have teachers that think and actually encouraged the children to think. My child flourished at his new school, began understanding his work, and he received advanced scores on his STAAR test (he was failing benchmark tests at Life). What I have mentioned here is just the beginning, but I can say that all of the problems I experienced here were all directly linked to the school having a lack of understanding of children, and it also seemed that they (students and teachers) are strongly encouraged not to think, just follow-really scary!

Life School Cedar Hill 3

Posted May 15, 2014
Life School Cedar Hill is a good school that will give your child a good foundation in literacy. The math program lack greatly. Additionally the problem is that is just plain school. They have no extra curricular offerings for the children, it is strictly academic. My child has been at LSCH kinder and this year first. The first grade year has been disappointing due to the lack of teacher communication. The work they send home is hard for the parents to understand so how can you help your child. The kids are tested on work that the parents never see in the form of homework. Won't be returning

Posted May 01, 2014
Some of the Teachers and staff need a break. They are beginning to yell in the children face more constantly.

Posted March 27, 2014
I'm disappointed in this school this year. My child has gone to this school kinder and first grade. There seems to be a huge difference in the outcomes that I am seeing this year. Last year the kinder teacher was informative and sent home all the class work the students completed. The first grade teacher we had to send an email to the principal to complain about our request to know when our child was having test. We hated to do such a thing but we also were tired of repeating ourselves and requesting the same thing to often. My child received A-B honor roll during the six weeks but when it comes to bench mark test the score is low which means my child is not retaining whats being taught or she didn't learn it good enough. At this point we are not sure whether to stay and pray we get a seasoned teacher next year or leave and look for a much better school. I guess Im disappointed because I expected it to be a much better school.

Posted January 19, 2014
I'm disappointed in this school. My son has became ghetto because of this school! The teachers are very strict. Please don't go to this school! If you think of coming you are making a mistake. The vice principal is not very nice. My son told me all about her. Thank you for listening. Also, If you don't believe me, Send your daughter or son to school. You will see how bad the school is.

Life School Cedar Hill 5

Posted September 18, 2013
The staff is wonderful, always ready to answer questions. The school is clean and inviting, my daughter loves going to school every day. Life School Cedar Hill program is building a strong foundation for learning in my child. I would rate this school Excellent.

Life School Cedar Hill 5

Posted August 22, 2013
Great school, great teachers, the teachers are the best this school has received two top awards in reading . I rate the staff a ten

Life School Cedar Hill
950 S Interstate 35 East, Lancaster, TX  75146
Last modified Life School Cedar Hill is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Life School Cedar Hill Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top