Lancaster, TX

Posted September 08, 2014
I'm happy with the school and all of its gains. I wasn't surprised that the middle school received six academic distinctions when state ratings were released last month because the principal and teachers are truly dedicated to the students. I'm confident that the middle school and district as a whole will have another great school year!

Posted January 20, 2014
Since Mr Granger has come on to the campus this school has turned into a school that I am proud that my daughter attends. The scores are up and so is the moral of the staff. PARENTS most get involve!! It seems like the only time the parents want to be involved is if their child is in trouble. The students all have a chance to get additional help, between Power School (Mon-Thurs) and now Saturday school. There is no reason for a parent to state that their child is not getting help! The school not only supplies snacks at the start of Power School but they get pizza at the end. Everything that Mr Granger has implicated in to the school has worked for the betterment of the school!! I truly hope it sticks around for a few more years!

Lancaster Middle School 3

Posted February 21, 2013
I was happy with the school when my child was in sixth grade. Now you cannot call and talk to anyone. If you drop your child off and you see the person you are trying to reach they never return your call. They will say I am going to call you but don't. I think the school is going down. My child has a created mind and he feels that the teachers are not teaching him enough. There are some caring people but I think the Supt. needs to evaluate the school more closely. You do not hear from the teachers.

Posted February 21, 2013
My son is an eighth grader at Lancaster Middle and after reading through these comments, I just had to respond. I can't believe that some parents are acting like children here, making blanket statements about students and teachers. My son, who is a well-behaved honor student, is doing well in his studies. He and the group of students he surrounds himself with have parents who emphasize the importance of education, like we do. All of the teachers he had were attentive, caring, and always ready to assist students with anything they need. To parents who visit this site in the near future, Lancaster Middle School does offer a quality education to students. It has consistently improved, the principal is doing a great job, and so are most teachers. The same is true about the superintendent and district as a whole. My oldest child is an LISD graduate and I currently have another son in elementary school. While no school is perfect, I have seen first hand the positive things happening at Lancaster Middle and question the motives of those who only choose to generalize and complain without recognizing the good aspects of this campus.

Lancaster Middle School 2

Posted February 20, 2013
As a student who is learning LISD, I would like to reflect on what a degrading job the school is doing. I am an avid reader with a A averag, but the school does not create an atmosphere for people like me. The students are militant towards teachers, and quiter rude to other students and teachers. There have been somewhere around 14 fights this school year alone, and they still happen no matter what the merciful principle does. There are really some great teachers, but their talent is wasted on students who don't even care. Aside from the horrendous students, some of the teachers should be cut as well. Some teachers have a actually spent an entire class period yelling instead of teaching. The disciplinary measures at the school are extreme, or maybe just to an outsider like me they are. Constant dress code checks, ID checks, and separation are the norm. The hygiene isn't the best either, most of the bathrooms are pigsties and reek of urine. If the school or some of the teachers don't do something aubout the militant paper throwers that is their student body, I see no future for this under averge school.

Posted February 17, 2012
This school has gone above and beyond anything I could ever hope for. My child is a good student, but has always found math difficult. His teacher gave him the extra attention and tutoring needed to master the different concepts. He finds the subject much easier now. I'm both proud and grateful that my child attends a school where this type of academic enrichment is the rule rather than the exception.

Lancaster Middle School 3

Posted March 20, 2011
I am a student at Lancaster Middle School and I am a 7th grader. But it ia not the teacher's fault the some of the students choose not to learn. The staff members are doing their jobs and enforcing our goal of 95% in everything we do. So I know if i can maintain A&B's and I do several extra curricular activities other students can to.

Posted February 21, 2011
Lancaster is a wonderful school. I have a son that goes there and I always had positive interactions with his teachers. There are great classes and programs available to students should they and their parents choose to utilize them as we have. I'm a parent, but also a former teacher as well. In every school I taught in, there were always a few children who misbehaved, regardless. This is not exclusive to Lancaster, it happens everywhere. As a responsible parent, I taught my child proper discipline and as a result, he is thriving at school.

Lancaster Middle School 1

Posted February 20, 2011
The kids are terrible and so is the staff. The teachers won't return calls or emails. The counselors are not much better! The kids have the foul mouths and bad attitudes. Constant fights. There are only a handfull of parents that are involved with their child's education.

Posted February 04, 2011
I'm the mom of an eighth grader at Lancaster Middle School. The school is making great progress and I have no complaints.

Lancaster Middle School
822 West Pleasant Run Road, Lancaster, TX  75146
Last modified Lancaster Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lancaster Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top