Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Lancaster Middle School 1

Posted January 02, 2016
The kids here are very bad, no learning really takes place here either thanks to the teachers who do not know how to teach the students. Wouldn't recommend your child going here.

Posted May 11, 2015
I'm a LISD parent with a middle school educational background. I've volunteered and worked with students attending Lancaster Middle School. The students I've helped were eager to learn, respectful, and well disciplined.

Posted May 06, 2015
Thanks to the teachers at Lancaster Middle, my eighth grader has the strong academic foundation needed for continued success at the high school.

Posted April 22, 2015
I'm a parent heavily involved in the education of my child. Each day we go over what he's learned that day, followed by homework. He's a good student and surrounds himself with other good students. I've had no negative issues with his teachers, who are absolutely dedicated to their jobs as educators. They aren't difficult to contact if you have questions or concerns. It was mentioned in an earlier review how well the school is performing overall and outperforming other middle schools with similar demographics in Texas. In my neighborhood, we have families planning to send their kids to GWC /LMS that wouldn't have a few years ago. None of that would have happened without strong leadership and great teachers.

Lancaster Middle School 1

Posted March 24, 2015
The teachers don't take kids their work. They put zero on grades when teachers fell to do their jobs. Fights everyday. If at all possible avoid lancaster schools period.

Posted September 08, 2014
I'm happy with the school and all of its gains. I wasn't surprised that the middle school received six academic distinctions when state ratings were released last month because the principal and teachers are truly dedicated to the students. I'm confident that the middle school and district as a whole will have another great school year!

Posted January 20, 2014
Since Mr Granger has come on to the campus this school has turned into a school that I am proud that my daughter attends. The scores are up and so is the moral of the staff. PARENTS most get involve!! It seems like the only time the parents want to be involved is if their child is in trouble. The students all have a chance to get additional help, between Power School (Mon-Thurs) and now Saturday school. There is no reason for a parent to state that their child is not getting help! The school not only supplies snacks at the start of Power School but they get pizza at the end. Everything that Mr Granger has implicated in to the school has worked for the betterment of the school!! I truly hope it sticks around for a few more years!

Lancaster Middle School 3

Posted February 21, 2013
I was happy with the school when my child was in sixth grade. Now you cannot call and talk to anyone. If you drop your child off and you see the person you are trying to reach they never return your call. They will say I am going to call you but don't. I think the school is going down. My child has a created mind and he feels that the teachers are not teaching him enough. There are some caring people but I think the Supt. needs to evaluate the school more closely. You do not hear from the teachers.

Posted February 21, 2013
My son is an eighth grader at Lancaster Middle and after reading through these comments, I just had to respond. I can't believe that some parents are acting like children here, making blanket statements about students and teachers. My son, who is a well-behaved honor student, is doing well in his studies. He and the group of students he surrounds himself with have parents who emphasize the importance of education, like we do. All of the teachers he had were attentive, caring, and always ready to assist students with anything they need. To parents who visit this site in the near future, Lancaster Middle School does offer a quality education to students. It has consistently improved, the principal is doing a great job, and so are most teachers. The same is true about the superintendent and district as a whole. My oldest child is an LISD graduate and I currently have another son in elementary school. While no school is perfect, I have seen first hand the positive things happening at Lancaster Middle and question the motives of those who only choose to generalize and complain without recognizing the good aspects of this campus.

Lancaster Middle School 2

Posted February 20, 2013
As a student who is learning LISD, I would like to reflect on what a degrading job the school is doing. I am an avid reader with a A averag, but the school does not create an atmosphere for people like me. The students are militant towards teachers, and quiter rude to other students and teachers. There have been somewhere around 14 fights this school year alone, and they still happen no matter what the merciful principle does. There are really some great teachers, but their talent is wasted on students who don't even care. Aside from the horrendous students, some of the teachers should be cut as well. Some teachers have a actually spent an entire class period yelling instead of teaching. The disciplinary measures at the school are extreme, or maybe just to an outsider like me they are. Constant dress code checks, ID checks, and separation are the norm. The hygiene isn't the best either, most of the bathrooms are pigsties and reek of urine. If the school or some of the teachers don't do something aubout the militant paper throwers that is their student body, I see no future for this under averge school.

Lancaster Middle School
822 West Pleasant Run Road, Lancaster, TX  75146
Last modified Lancaster Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lancaster Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top