Lancaster, TX
Before care: Yes

Berne Academy 4

Posted September 16, 2014
Berne Private school offers a good learning environment, school clubs, art and great teachers. The curriculm is grade level based, which you won't find in public schools. With that being said, your child will not be pressured into learning lessons they have not been prepared for.

Posted November 07, 2013
I am a longtime parent of a student that attends Berne Academy...In my opinion this school is to be congratulated on their excellent leadership and quality of education...I have seen vast improvements in not only my daughter, but other students as well. Yes the classes have multi grade levels. However, thist type of teaching improves the multi-level of understanding of the curriculum that is being taught at this school. The students are challenged and promoted to higher education each year to each grade at this school. I have no concerns with the teachers. I feel that they highly qualified to do their job...I would recommend this school to anyone looking for an enviroment of quality teaching you will not get in public school.

Berne Academy 1

Posted November 06, 2013
My daughter has been going to Berne Academy since Pk, She has just went in to the 5th grade. had to move and put her in a public school, And found out they had to put her back in 4th grade because she is not up to Texas Standards. I never knew this cause her report cards were always A. I was so upset that all the money I put out thinking she was getting a good Education was all a lie. To me this school is money hungry and has sub pare teachers. This has hurt my daughter.I would not recommend this school if you want your child to get a good Education, I think someone need to find out what is going on at this school. And another thing each teacher is at least teaching 3 grades in one class that should tell you something. I hope this School gets turned in.

Berne Academy 1

Posted June 02, 2011
My son attended this school for just under two years. This is the worse school I have ever dealt with. Throughout his time at Berne, he was being bullied, picked on and teased. The staff "pretended" to be doing something about it, but I later found out that was not true. When he began to act out because of it, he was always blamed for the incident and most of the time the only student to be punished. I never understood how he could be an "A/B" student, when he was always being kicked out of the classroom. Now I know! When my son left, he was unable to look a word up in the dictionary on his own. A 4th grader, who could not use a dictionary! I was constantly in contact with his "teacher" and the principal and believe wholeheartedly, I was being misled about my son's education. I would NEVER recommend this school to any parent. If your child is attending this so-called Christian academy, you'd better have him/her tested for aptitude. You might be surprised at what it reveals to you. My son is now being homeschooled - a 360 degree change in his eagerness to learn, his knowledge base and his enthusiasm. It's very challenging, but he is really learning now!

Posted January 07, 2011
I have 2 kids that attend this school 8th grade and 11th this is there 3rd year at the school and I think it's worth every penny.....LOVE IT!

Berne Academy 0

Posted September 11, 2009
Five star the christian atmosphere prayer in school amen

Posted March 13, 2009
this school rockz my socks!!!!!!!!! im a junior......and my life had a major turn around once i hit Berne......! from a troubled adolescent........to a well-qualified teen, who knows no other way to go but smart! ayyyeeeeeeee (haha) no but seriously i love Berne and all the teachers.........from the office secretary to the lunch lady........this school changed me, and i wouldn't have it any other way!!!!!!!! -high school volleyball girl (captain!)- thanks Berne.......Love you all!

Posted June 09, 2008

Posted February 02, 2008

Berne Academy 0

Posted January 29, 2008
My son is a studnet, I recommend this school to every parent. We love the shcool, enviroment, teachers, and staff. My only regret is waiting until his high school year to enroll him.

Berne Academy