Public charter
Lancaster, TX

Posted October 29, 2014
5 years ago, this was the place to be! The last two years, new principle and ALL of the great teachers relocated. I have three children that attend and sit up with my kids until 10-11 at night doing homework. I am literally RETEACHING my children their daily lessons night after night and day after day. My children have never brought home Fs. I cant do this, the teachers dont return my requests for phone calls when i sign their planners, tutoring is by "invite" only (seriously)!They expect them to read daily but there is barely time to eat after hours of sitting and RE-TEACHING them their lessons. This school is great if you're a housewife with one child and always considered homeschooling when you're child leaves their dayschool. I feel terrible for the single parents with jobs who cant afford to become a classroom teacher in the evenings

Posted February 10, 2014
MUY MAL...la escuela no le da a los maestros los materiales qu necesitan para ense ar como por ejemplo sus gu as de maestros , no les dan papel para imprimir por lloconsiguiente no les mandan tarea a casa.. Aunque los ni os est n mal en sus grados y no sepan nada les ponen calificaciones buenas ...porfavor pi nselo dos veces NO PONGAS AQU A TU HIJOS....definitivamente no la recomiendo .....hay maestros muy buenos haciendo su mayor esfuerzo pero la qu no sirve es el sistema de la escuela..

Posted August 20, 2013
The staff at this school are crazy. The staff would not allow me to pick up my five year old son early from school, for a scheduled MRI, because it was against the school policy for students to leave early. My son's MRI was scheduled for 3:15 and the staff would not release him 15 minutes early so he could make it to his appointment on time. That is totally unaccecptable for a parent to be denied access to their child. I spoke to one of the staff via phone and explained the situation and she told me that she could not let him leave early because she would have 800 parents lined up trying to pick up their kids early from school. At the same time that i was on the phone several parents were in the office withdrawing their children from the school. I too will be removing my kids from this school first thing tomorrow morning. If you want to be treated like this than you go ahead and take your kids to Life School the Oak Cliff Campus. This is school is definately not for me!

Life School Oak Cliff 3

Posted July 27, 2013
This term I found that the teacher and Dean of Discipline didn't have a handle on serious discipline issues. For instance, my daughter was being bullied by three girls. I made the teacher aware. It occurred again, and this time my daughter was slapped in the face! The teacher told the girl to apologize and that was the end of it! No parents were called no one asked my daughter how she felt, no punishment, nothing. I went to the Dean of Discipline who assured me that she'd take care of it. There was no suspension and the bullying started up again a couple of months later. On another occasion, I spoke to an Assistant Principle about one of my daughter's teachers being unresponsive to my notes in her planner, over a period of several weeks. The Assistant Principle took notes and my contact information reassuring me that she'd look into the matter and follow up with me. She never contacted me, and I heard nothing else about the matter. I'm am doubtful that my five year old son will be safe there, and I'm currently searching for another school.

Posted June 11, 2013
When my kids first inrolled in Life School 13 years ago, I was very impressed with the school. However, over the years, it has fallen into disgrace. They have allowed previously fired teachers and principles to return in academic positions. They have dismissed teachers that cared about the well being of the children just because they did not "fit" into the strict discipline that they try to enforce. They is a line between discipline and destruction of a child's well being. I am very sad that this school that started out with a great idea has fallen so far.

Posted March 01, 2013
Life School has an excessive tally system. The teachers are not consistent with homework or newsletters. Also, the school's technology and library is outdated. The front desk person is generally rude and the teaching staff lacks diversity.

Posted July 27, 2011
Life School isnt a good choice for your children. I've been attending Life School for 3 years now. The first year was great, but i started to realize Life School cared about the Tally/Dresscode system more then the students education. Its not that the students are rude and disrepectful, we just think that we are to old to be getting tallies/dresscodes in highschool, and majority of our teachers now are substitutes. The only thing that is keeping me at Life School is the sports, cause Life School is all about sports! -Student of Life School-

Posted December 14, 2010
My children have attended Life School Oak Cliff for three years now, they are all well mannered and very respectful children. I find that the tally system to be very silly! My youngest child has recieved several tallies for normal childhood behaviors such as skipping! We have to pay for our children to participate in sports, $75 per child! And we do not see where the money is going! Every sporting event we have to drive over an hour to get there while Life School Red Oak plays on their football field! Life School is a school operated by WHITE people getting rich off of our children! The children have to walk outside in the rain and cold to get to class, they even have to walk off campus to the lubias murry building unattended for classes! This school is by far a joke!

Life School Oak Cliff 3

Posted October 26, 2010
My child is enrolled in Kindergarten. I like his teachers and enjoy the bilingual program that this campus offers. The tallie system is insane and a bit excessive, especially for 5 year olds. I think the school is structured to "weed out" students that don't fit their pre-determined mold. I was NOT impressed with the principle. She has cold, uncaring and very rude! I won't say don't send you're child to LSOC but I will say be prepared for the rigidness.

Posted October 07, 2010
The parents who posted Aug 7 & May 8 are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. The tallies Life gives out will drive you & your child crazy--& for the most ridiculous things! If your child blinks or breathes too hard in PE, he'll get a tally. Plus this place has set times that they wont release YOUR CHILD to YOU! This school promotes misery & stress--not joy, encouragement & progress. On his last day there my son complained that recess & lunch are the worst times of his day. They have some idiotic red light system & the children cannot talk at all while the red light is on. I went to eat lunch with him. Why was the red light on 90% of the time?? These ppl are lunatics. They want children to be seen and not heard AT ALL at this school. TERRIBLE CHOICE!

Life School Oak Cliff
950 S Interstate 35 East, Lancaster, TX  75146
Last modified Life School Oak Cliff is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Life School Oak Cliff Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 99 reviews. Top