Bad
Good

I have two kids at this school and I am so happy with the education that they are receiving, they learned alot and thank you to the teachers for helping my kids and especially to the Principal that allways is helping the kids and parents with anything. I love this school.

I agree with the other parent who wrote a review. I am disappointed at the school for not allowing parents to visit our children for lunch. Parents are not welcomed teachers are overall good, however, parent volunteer is almost unwelcomed. Many teachers see it as if your questioning their teaching methods, rather than wanting to visit the classroom so that (the parent) can be involved and help at home with classroom work to futher help our own children. I found that my sons kinder teacher didn't like the idea of me visiting her classroom. How sad this is, if she only knew that my husband and I are there to help in any way possible and we want for our son to know that we care about his education. Regarding open lunch Principle Mrs. Campos said she would look into it this was 6 mths ago.

I have a Pre-K and A kinder here. I can say enough good things. I'm from New York and I heard horror stories of schools in Laredo. My Kinder is reading in one month into classes. The teachers I have encountered are all willing for parental help and want parents to further their child at home as well as in the class room. The security in the school in needed due to the child molesters nearby. The only so-so thing is there is no outside school activities.

Last modified Matias De Llano Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.