Posted September 05, 2013
My son was at Trautmann from kindergarten to fifth grade, and it is a fabulous school. The teachers are caring, the parents are involved, and a sense of community is truly fostered by teachers, administration and staff. Having said that- the parking lot IS a zoo after school. It's the only time you hear people honk in Laredo!

Posted July 25, 2013
For us my older daughter was in this school For 5 years and I love it my other daughter was 4 years. The only problem i have is the way People drive they on the phone or text and don't Care about the safety of the children . We are going to miss trautmann and the teachers Tessy merino we move to humble

Posted November 13, 2012
I absolutely love this school, and so does my daughter. The teachers are top-notch, and so is the quality of education. The only thing that I can say I would like to see done differently would be the way pick up is handled in the afternoon. Some children have to cross over a lane of traffic in order to enter their vehicle, which is totally unsafe. There are teachers and staff directing traffic, but students are not directly supervised and escorted to cars. I have personally seen children have to jump out of the way of impatient parents who aren't paying close attention to what is going on around them. I have brought my concerns to the attention of teachers as well as the principal, but nothing has changed in the two years my daughter has attended. Unfortunately, I feel that it will take someone getting seriously hurt in order to bring about any change.

Trautmann Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2011
First, before I trash this school, let me be clear that this is specific to first grade only. There are some fine teachers at this school and does not apply to all. Now, that being said, all this school cares about are the states standardized tests and thats all they will teach your children about. How to teach your child to pass this test so that the principal and school will look good. If your child displays any signs that he/she will not pass these tests in the future the principal will ensure that your child is held back a year in order to ensure that they will not look bad. If you want to see that your child recieves the education that he/she needs then I suggest private school in Laredo. Because public schools here will only teach your child how to pass the state exams.

Posted February 10, 2010

Posted September 03, 2009
this school is the best in laredo is # 1 my 7 year old is been here for 3 years and she has learn so much from teachers and the principal and now I have my 5d year old shes in kinder I love this school

Posted June 27, 2007
This campus has truly helped both of my children flourish. Their efforts in improving students' learning is exceptional, especially in the area of reading. They have a tight security system for visitors. I am so grateful to all the teachers and administrators at the school.

Trautmann Elementary School 3

Posted June 03, 2004
The school is too small for the total number of students it has enrolled. I would like to see a change during lunch time. The children are given only 30 minutes of lunch,this gives insufficient time to eat,95% of the time a child throws away his/her food. During lunch time, the students are poorly supervised while standing in line. Many times I have witnessed students punching each other, climbing up/down the stairs, pushing or shoving, and crying as a result of the above. I have complained about the lunch line incidents and about the time given to students to eat, but nothing has ever been done to take care of this issue. Parents those of you who have the time during your child's lunch, take some time to witness what I have witnessed and I urge you to speak up for the sake of your child!

Trautmann Elementary School
810 Lindenwood Drive, Laredo, TX  78045
Last modified Trautmann Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trautmann Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top