Report this review as inappropriate

Cancel
/ / / School Profile

Review topics

This is a safe place to share your honest opinions of a school, whether good or bad.  Learn more.

WHAT'S YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO THIS SCHOOL?
parent
current student
teacher
school official
community member
How would you rate your experience at this school?
Terrible
Bad
Average
Good
Great
6 OVERALL RATINGS

characters left.
Do you feel this school develops honesty, integrity, and fairness in its students?
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neutral
Agree
Strongly agree
Have your say!
Let others know more about this school.
characters left.
Do you feel this school develops compassion, caring, and empathy in its students?
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neutral
Agree
Strongly agree
Have your say!
Let others know more about this school.
characters left.
Do you feel this school develops respect in its students?
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neutral
Agree
Strongly agree
Have your say!
Let others know more about this school.
characters left.
Do you feel this school develops persistence, grit, and determination in its students?
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neutral
Agree
Strongly agree
Have your say!
Let others know more about this school.
characters left.
How do you feel about the amount of homework given at this school?
Not enough
Just right
Too much
Don't know
Have your say!
Let others know more about this school.
characters left.
How effective do you feel the teachers are at this school?
Very ineffective
Ineffective
Somewhat effective
Effective
Very effective
Have your say!
Let others know more about this school.
characters left.
Is there someone at this school who you want to say "thanks" to?
School leader
Teacher
Staff member
Parent
Student
Have your say!
Let others know more about this school.
characters left.
There are 6 reviews about all of the school topics.

Review comments


United Middle School 3

Posted January 03, 2015
- a community member
As a student currently enrolled in this middle school, I have to say that parents only get to see the surface of what goes on. If you get lucky, you'll have amazing teachers that you'll probably remember for the rest of your life. But your chances of getting those teachers are about 15%. The other 85% goes to all the other teachers that really don't want to be there (and openly say so) and don't teach in a way the students can benefit from. Aside the academics, the social environment is just a mess. You have your specific group of about three friends you hang out with, and heaven forbid you run into a so-called 'popular' student. Most of the students don't accept you for who you are, or who you strive to be. And the 'popular' students are always taking advantage of the kids who are really there to learn by copying off of them instead of doing their own work. And the amount of favoritism shown at this school is overwhelming. Especially when it comes to sports or other academic competitions. It's ridiculous. You have to kiss up to all the coaches just to get a spot on any sport, academic or dance team. UMS isn't the worst school in the world, but it definitely isn't the best.

United Middle School 3

Posted May 18, 2013
- a community member
My child attended UMS and had a good experience. Was somewhat disappointed though on the lack of work sent home. Some of the staff in the front office are a bit unproffessional and unfriendly. (it's amazing what a simple smile can do! They should try it.) Hope the new principal will also have high standards.


United Middle School 5

Posted July 28, 2004
- a parent
Both of my children attended UMS. The faculty is supportive of each individual child. The administration is easy to reach and willing to help out in times of need. The athletic department is second to none. Definitely the place to put your middle school child in Laredo.

Nearby schools

Sign up for email updates

Connect with us

Translate this web page

About GreatSchools

Our mission is to help millions of parents get a great education for their kids. GreatSchools.org is an independent nonprofit and the leading national source of school information for families.


GreatSchools.org 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2016 GreatSchools.org All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

United Middle School
700 East Del Mar Boulevard, Laredo, TX  78045
(956) 473-7300
Last modified United Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
United Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top