John B Alexander High School 3

Posted April 20, 2011
The classes are not really all that challenging. When I attended pre-ap courses and I felt like only about of 3rd of the class work was worth studying and even then that's pushing it. You really don't need to study to PASS the courses I took, let alone get highB's or A's. AP courses were the only ones that were engaging and challenging.... and you take those if you wish your senior year. What about the other three years? The school's reputation is much "cleaner" that it actually is. Going into details of what I observed is in "allegations" territory so I'll just leave it at that. The extracurricular activities are top notch... but if classes are so easy to pass is it any wonder as to how so many students can "pass and play"? I think the teachers are extremely dedicated but I guess because of the lack of interest in school among the student body they water down the curriculum to the bare bones TAKS objectives. That's another thing, the school does a good job with promoting TAKS tutorials and objectives so if a student doesn't pass it... something is terribly wrong with him or her because this school really works hard to keep high scores. (Former student)

John B Alexander High School 0

Posted April 05, 2010
its ok just not good enough... as a parent my child would get bullied and picked on and nobody would co anything safety is just not acceptable

John B Alexander High School 1

Posted October 13, 2009

John B Alexander High School 3

Posted March 17, 2008
As a former student, I was faced with many political problems althroughout high school. Some teachers care a great much; however, there were some that didnt even pay attention to some students if they felt they were a lost cause. The extracurricular activities were fantastic; however, there was much favoritism amongst teachers and the level of professionalism was not always existent.

Posted March 09, 2008

Posted February 13, 2008
As a Former student at John B. Alexander I would have to say about this school is an exllecent school and I really enjoyed all the school class and I have learned alot and best of all I really enjoyed their J.R.O.T.C.

John B Alexander High School 4

Posted September 07, 2005

John B Alexander High School 4

Posted July 28, 2004
My child was involved in every aspect of school. From academics, band, athletics, to student government and clubs, the staff was extremely helpful, challenging and truly 'cared' about their students. Excellent school!

Posted May 04, 2004
I think that this is a great school. My daughter learned alot and has made many friends. The teachers were wonderful, and helped my daughter in anyway they possibly could. Because of them my daughter is doing wonderful in college.

John B Alexander High School
3600 East Del Mar Boulevard, Laredo, TX  78041
Last modified John B Alexander High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John B Alexander High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top