Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and staff at Bay Area Middle School are caring, and dedicated to what they do. They are very talented and my daughter has learned so much this year. It is honestly a blessing that our child was fortunate to have such an amazing learning experience.

I like the friendly atmosphere you always feel when you walk in this school. The teachers are great and the small class sizes are really helping my child be the best they can be. My child truly enjoys school every day.

The school is willing to encourage in a conversations about the needs of the student. They are very focused about helping each student individually it is very encouraging for us as parents and the kids.

My children had a great experience last year at Bay Area Charter Elementary School, and we had hoped for a similar environment in the middle school. Unfortunately, this was not the case. This school is suffering from chronic teacher turnover and poor leadership. This may be part of the reason that their charter was revoked. I hope that the school that acquires the charter for next year will do a complete overhaul and bring in quality leaders, teachers, and programs. They are also severely lacking in physical education and electives.

We have adored the teachers my daughter has had. Her teacher was great last year which is one of the reasons we like it so much.

Bay Area Charter Middle School was the right school at the right time for our son who is completing 8th grade and just did tremendously well on the Starr tests. I can't say enough about the teachers and principal. They're caring, responsive and extremely dedicated people who make a difference.

Over the last three years BACMS has been a great environment for my child. The smaller school and class size allowed them to overcome their learning difficulty. The new facility is a big plus! The teachers and the administration all take an interest in each student. They know the students abilities and weakness. It was what was needed for my child. Thank you BACMS!

This school sytem stresses the development of a school environment in which early adolescents can belong to a nurturing group and have consistent access to adults who know and care about them. The kids that attend this school are respectful, kind, and good. Many have learning differences but along with those challenges are their gifts. This environment may not work for everyone, but it works for us. We are thankful that we have a choice and a voice in our son's education.

The review from another former teacher is 100% accurate. This school is rated "Academically Unacceptable" for a reason. The majority of students who attend here are in special education or are at risk, nothing is done to report students who are absent more days than they are present, students openly curse and assault each other and the teachers; to which the administrator issues no real consequence. There is no curriculum for any subject other than math. The textbooks used are outdated by 15 years or more and are not aligned with the current Texas learning standards. There is very little technology for instructional use that is functional and teachers have to locate their own resources, as next to nothing is provided by the school. The building is infested with ants and rodents that leave droppings on the desks and tables. The administrator has never taught junior high and knows nothing of how to maintain an orderly, productive and stimulating environment for teenagers. The students who attend here are not prepared academically to enter high school or held accountable for their actions.I would never recommend this school for my child or anyone else's. 1/2 a star rating is too much.

My daughter is really happy here. I love how small the class sizes are and I definitely appreciate how dedicated and caring the staff is. They are wonderful people who have definitely inspired my daughter.

Last modified Bay Area Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.