Public charter
League City, TX

Posted October 27, 2014
We have adored the teachers my daughter has had. Her teacher was great last year which is one of the reasons we like it so much.

Posted May 31, 2013
Bay Area Charter Middle School was the right school at the right time for our son who is completing 8th grade and just did tremendously well on the Starr tests. I can't say enough about the teachers and principal. They're caring, responsive and extremely dedicated people who make a difference.

Posted May 23, 2013
Over the last three years BACMS has been a great environment for my child. The smaller school and class size allowed them to overcome their learning difficulty. The new facility is a big plus! The teachers and the administration all take an interest in each student. They know the students abilities and weakness. It was what was needed for my child. Thank you BACMS!

Posted May 21, 2013
This school sytem stresses the development of a school environment in which early adolescents can belong to a nurturing group and have consistent access to adults who know and care about them. The kids that attend this school are respectful, kind, and good. Many have learning differences but along with those challenges are their gifts. This environment may not work for everyone, but it works for us. We are thankful that we have a choice and a voice in our son's education.

Bay Area Charter Middle School 1

Posted March 08, 2013
The review from another former teacher is 100% accurate. This school is rated "Academically Unacceptable" for a reason. The majority of students who attend here are in special education or are at risk, nothing is done to report students who are absent more days than they are present, students openly curse and assault each other and the teachers; to which the administrator issues no real consequence. There is no curriculum for any subject other than math. The textbooks used are outdated by 15 years or more and are not aligned with the current Texas learning standards. There is very little technology for instructional use that is functional and teachers have to locate their own resources, as next to nothing is provided by the school. The building is infested with ants and rodents that leave droppings on the desks and tables. The administrator has never taught junior high and knows nothing of how to maintain an orderly, productive and stimulating environment for teenagers. The students who attend here are not prepared academically to enter high school or held accountable for their actions.I would never recommend this school for my child or anyone else's. 1/2 a star rating is too much.

Posted February 20, 2013
My daughter is really happy here. I love how small the class sizes are and I definitely appreciate how dedicated and caring the staff is. They are wonderful people who have definitely inspired my daughter.

Bay Area Charter Middle School 4

Posted October 02, 2010
I am very pleased with Bay Area Middle School. My son is thriving and learning, he is very happy at this school. The teachers and staff are very professional. They are great with all the students. They are great teaching my son whom has a disability. We are able to get alot accomplished.

Bay Area Charter Middle School
102 East Walker Street, League City, TX  77573
Last modified Bay Area Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bay Area Charter Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top