Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted December 08, 2015
In my experience with this school, there is a huge lack of compassion, caring and empathy for the student. I know of several students who have talked with their teachers and with the administration, and have been met with sarcasm and defensiveness.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted December 08, 2015
Teachers lead by example. Many of the pre-ap and AP teachers are wonderful and are passionate about teaching. They strive to make a difference and help to instill positive qualities in their students. Then, there are those teachers who have no concerns about the students whatsoever. They either don't teach or are not honest or fair themselves.

Posted December 08, 2015
Horrible administration! My child graduated from Springs. While my child did have some wonderful teachers, there was one who should not have been teaching. He is a math teacher and coach. The administration has been well informed about his inappropriate behavior, but has opted to continue to employ him despite the numerous complainants. For the last four+ years parents have voiced their concerns about this coach to the administration. Since he has taken over as head coach, the team has been cut in half (from 80 to 40) due to athletes quitting. Last year there were only 4 seniors who started the season, and only 3 of them completed the season. This administration does not do what is best for your child, and after voicing your concerns you run the risk of your child being retaliated against like so many have been over the past few years.

Posted February 10, 2015
My daughter loves this school! The teachers and staff are amazing and work at offering every opportunity available for all students to excel!

Posted May 11, 2014
This has to be by far te worst school I have ever gone to.. I'm a senior ere and I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone. So if you are planning to go here then might as well change plans and send them to Clear Creek high school because at least there you might get noticed. At this school if you aren't in sports you are absolutely nothing. The band is horrible,and the sports aren't really good either. I went to my consular and she told me she didn't care why I was absent all she wanted me to do was to come to school only because I missed a few days due to a very bad illness. So if you are planning to send your child here please don't.. The teachers don't really make an effort to teach and the students are very self absorbed and rude.

Posted October 11, 2013
its not very good school! i feel everyone in this school, dont notice me that i am deaf. many everyone whos in this school, dont talk to me. so this school is not good so plz dont let yur child to join this school. their school meals are pretty expenisve for me

Clear Springs High School 5

Posted July 17, 2013
I am a graduate from this school, and I feel I was adequately prepared for college, with AP courses and other rigorous programs. AMAZING engineering program here, students built a plane last year. Successful culinary arts program, sweepstakes choir, orchestra and band, very successful sports teams (many programs made it to or nearly to state). State champs in girls track. Girls basketball made it to state. Football is consistently successful. Basically, all of the extracurricular programs are top notch. The teachers here are wonderful, in my experience all the teachers I had genuinely cared about my education and my life. The administration is my one complaint. They have good intentions but the carry out leaves a bit to be desired. Mostly these problems are with the assistant principals. The principal is very nice and is always at events/supporting the school. Not a clique-y school, which is quite different from the other schools in CCISD. Best high school in the district, hands down, and I know this because I attended two of the others.

Posted July 24, 2012
I will be a senior this year, and I absolutely love this school. The kids here are generally supportive and nice to each other - there are no cliques or any of that (honestly, the middle school I moved from was worse). I feel that we are fairly unified as a student body. With (very) few exceptions, the teachers are fantastic. I have been challenged, enlightened, and well taught by nearly all of my teachers in my time here. They are dedicated and I give them big props for sticking it out when they have to deal with the administration. While I recognize the merit and need for rules, the administration goes too far in rules and enforcements. I've seen people sent home for knee-length skirts, etc. With one exception, the administration does not respect or trust the students and treats us like criminals before we even do anything wrong. I was very close to attending Creek or Falls, and every day I thank God for ending up at Clear Springs. I truly have a love of this school, and the people who attend and work here. In addition, the fine arts and sports programs are PHENOMENAL. I highly reccomend this school - best high school in the district, hands down.

Posted June 03, 2012
From a faculty member point of view you do NOT want to work for this school. It is filled with politics and bullying by Administration and other faculty members. You either do as they say or you will be threatened with a bad reference if you try to leave AND they think they can make you do ANYTHING they request because it is in your "other duties as assigned" portion of your contract. This means every teacher must sponsor a club and receive no stipend. Every teacher must work multiple evening events, weekend events, events in the summer beyond their contract, and you are expected to cooperate or else they put you through grief until you resign. If you are a work addict who does not mind going WAY above and beyond your job duties with little or No appreciation what so ever, if you are a "puppet" and like constant control, OR if you do not mind putting your family second than this is the job for you! From an outsiders prospective the school is good for students and the students are great! I hope the parents realize how fortunate they are to have such dedicated teachers who sacrifice time with their own children to teach other people's children. I hope this helps slow turnover rate.

Posted June 16, 2011
Only a few years old. Clear Springs is not a bad school. Out of CCISD I must say it is one of the best. All though the staff isn't the smartest and they are very persistent on stupid rules. They keep controll. I belive other schools are run a little better. But all in all clear springs is good. The teachers are all wonderful and friendly some more then others. They have wonderful programs you can exceed in. Education is wonderful. I love it :)

501 Palomino Lane, League City, TX  77573
Last modified Clear Springs High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.