Posted November 13, 2013
The dedication of the teachers, staff and parents at this school is extraordinary. All work together to ensure quality lessons that meet the needs of all students. The parents put on a Wild West carnival last weekend that was the highlight of the year! I think all that fun was the source of the noise someone mentioned.

I W And Eleanor Hyde El 1

Posted November 10, 2013
This school has no consideration for its neighborhood. The noise level from its activities shake the pictures on the walls of the residents. Also it doesn't have enough parking. If there were a fire when all the parents cars are blocking our residential streets the fire truck could NOT get through.

I W And Eleanor Hyde El 1

Posted October 24, 2011
This school lacks in overall academics and developing individual students skillets. They have a strong family social atmosphere, but that will only get you so far. There is an overall lackadaisical all-for-one approach with academics. If you're child reads ahead or performs ahead of their grade, you're only real option is to move them to another grade to challenge them or they will get bored. From talking with the teachers it seems as if they just presume many of the kids are NASA kids and that they shouldn't have to do much. It defeats the purpose of sending them to school. If it wasn't for the parents in the community, this school would be mediocre at best. Between that and the numerous discipline issues I have witnessed at the school, we have decided to move elsewhere.

I W And Eleanor Hyde El 2

Posted September 28, 2011
This school does have a family atmosphere, but they fall short on academics. My son got very bored in class because they refused to challenge him with more advanced curriculum. They support a one size fits all education which does not adequately prepare students for rigorous middle school AP classes.

Posted February 14, 2011
We absolutely love this school! The teachers are great, it's such a friendly place, and my daughter is getting a great education!

Posted February 08, 2011
I couldn't be more thankful that my son gets to goto elementary here. Starting from the front office staff down to the teachers , this school couldn't be better!!! Thank You Hyde Staff !!!!!

Posted April 19, 2010
Hyde has great teachers, great students and great parents!!!

Posted January 09, 2010
Everyone here - from principal, to teachers, to the counselor and lunchroom staff - are wonderful to deal with. It's such a family-type environment. We love it here!

Posted November 03, 2009
Everything! The staff, the teachers and the students are awesome! Couldnt ask for a better place to send my kiddos for elementary.

Posted October 22, 2009
There is a special feeling that you get the minute you are greated by the office staff at Hyde. They make you feel loved, just by talking to them. It gives me such great peace knowing that my children are in a place where they are educated lovingly by a staff that is highly trained, competent and attentive.I know my children are excelling because they are in a school that knows how to teach them in a positive environment.

I W And Eleanor Hyde El
3700 Farm to Market 518, League City, TX  77573
Last modified I W And Eleanor Hyde El is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
I W And Eleanor Hyde El Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top