Bad
Good

This was my son's first year at Mossman. He loved it. He knew all the teachers in his grade level (2nd Grade) because they all interacted well. All the school events were very well organized. They have great organization in place.

This elementary has the typical PTA problems but with a few twists. There are so many "room mom's" for my daughter's class that they fight over who's in charge of every project. My main complaint is that there are so many fundraisers, book fairs, carnivals, etc. and every student is expected to participate. Yet when I return surveys, donation items etc, no one knows what to do with them. The principal and PTA president have not responded to my emails with questions about inaccurate information on event flyers and poor organization.

Teachers give fake grades (no one makes less than a 70) even when in reality they have not mastered skills. How can a child fail a state basic skills assessment but hold a 90 average in math?? The state only requires a student to pass with a 43%. When we asked this question of administrators we were not given a straightforward answer.

I am pleased by the teachers performance and school adminstration. I have two kids atteding the school for the past 3 years. kids feel loved and they love the school as well.

Mossman has great teachers and an excellent principal...on this I would offer 5 stars! The only reason I give an overall rating of 4 out of 5 is that I wish the public school system offered more focus in math and science. They do wonderfully in teaching character and community! The best among public schools you can find and I would call it amongst the best within CCISD.

Teachers and all staff work very hard! My child feels very loved at this school. What more could I ask for? Instruction is top notch. Came from private school and wow....what a waste of money!

Kids can't run in gym, and the teachers are not accountable to the parents. It takes me three emails get a response and it still does not answer quests, but give me fluff. For the price I pay to keep the kids in a "good" school I am not impressed.

Sandra Mossman Elementary school is horrible, but I think it's CCISD in general. So many good teachers, and they don't utilize them...the district binds their hands. I tell you what, CCISD is run by a bunch of socialists. Everybody gets treated equal, regardless of behavior. No wonder so many teens today turn out to be irresponsible brats. If a few kids are misbehaving, the entire class gets punished. Who is that supposed to benefit? We pay an enormous amount of taxes and for what? My child is doing homework on a computer. Probably things that, oh...I don't know, a teacher should probably being doing. Quick...take your kids elsewhere or consider home schooling.

I now have one child that will be attending Mossman the other graduated 5th grade and will be going to Bayside Intermediate. They have excellent teachers and strong leadership!!! Great School..!!!

Last modified Sandra Mossman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.