No rating

Bay Area Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in League City

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $187,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,030.

Posted March 10, 2013

I am so overly ple.ased with this school i cannot begin to brag enough. This school has the best teachers and staff. To hear my children quote God's word is the most rewarding thing i could sk for in my life. I am so happy that i was given the oppurtunity to have my children here and keep them here. If you are considering a private school in the area this is the place to take them.

Posted February 6, 2013

Bay Area Christian has been a Godsend for my family. Our daughter has done extremely well with the smaller class sizes and accelerated curriculum. It's not one of those Christian Schools that was just duct taped together overnight, but rather it is a well-established institution that offers a warm, Christian environment for my daughter's education. I use to be a firm believer that Christian Schools were a waste of time and money because of all the kids i knew attending them and how mmuch of a blow-off they were; this school is NOT that way. My daughter has homework nearly every day and the parents are very involved with the teachers. It's a sense of family. I have not experienced anything other than greatness thus far from this school and it is well worth the money.

Posted June 8, 2012

My son has attended since 5th grade and now in 10th. Teachers were great up till you get to highschool. My son is dyslexic so has a little harder time than most and does not make the grades that I would like. I have tried to get help from a Beta student which was referred but no one ever would get back to me or help me so we could get extra tutoring. After all as much as I pay you would think we could get help. So if your kid has a hard time in school this school is very hard but good kids and well behaved and so much better than public I have to say. Just plan on a lot of work, and your kid will be smarter than being in public school. Public school is just to many bad kids and bad influence and prepare you for trouble in future.

Posted August 7, 2011

I have been very upset about the gossip going on in the main office. Parents and students walking by can hear the slander of students and teachers. A group of secretaries were talking about a teacher where anyone can hear. I think the leadership of the school should put an end to this. It is not appropriate around students. I was hoping that a Christian school would have a positive environment, but we have not found that to be true. The body of Christ builds, it does not tear down or throw stones.

Posted April 8, 2011

I have 2 children in BACS and have had no problems with the school or any teachers until this year! We selected to put our child in the 1/2 day K prgram, I feel this has been a waste of our time and money! She has learned some but I am NOT impressed with the teacher!!!!!! I love that they teach on Christian principles and will give the school another try but I feel this teacher is only here for one reason!!! I would recommend the schoold but would stay away from the 1/2 day program and the teacher!!

Posted May 21, 2010

They make the education of children a partnership between school and home. There is truly an open door for information and they always make volunteers feel special. If there are any problems you are notified immediately and they seek the parents input into coming up with a solution. If you simply want to help your child suceed they are always willing to give you helpful advice and resources. Also, last but not least, they promote a positive environment for learning and growing.

Posted October 5, 2009

No school is perfect, but BAC really works at being a well-rounded school. My child will do fine in college academically, but he is way ahead in the areas of Christian character and Christian worldview. To me, that is what counts in the long run.

Posted September 24, 2009

I have 2 children at BACS and my stepdaughter just moved in w/ us and is attending a CCISD public school. The atmosphere in the 2 schools is profound. The reinforcement of Christian values, discipline and a loving environment is priceless. My step daughter witnesses many unbelievable things at school that many adults would not stand for in their place of employment but yet our children are forced to in public schools. I hope she can transfer next semester. As far as the academics, my children have much more homework and seem to be more advanced than their public school counterparts. I am very pleased w/ the school.

Posted May 5, 2009

well the teachers are really loving ,but there are some rood, selfish, preppy people that go there. and its way harder than public school and the curriculum is bad. don't ever go there!

Posted April 13, 2009

I attended Bay Area from grades 4-12 . It was hard work, but I kept good grades all throughout my time there. My score on my SAT was well above average. I've almost completed 40 hours of classes, and I've made A's in every class except chemistry, which I made a B. Bay Area really taught me how to take notes. My notes are usually more organized than other students I've seen at college. Bay Area has wonderful Christian values, and I am blessed to have been a part of this learning environment.

Posted March 13, 2009

The Teachers really care about the Kids. They have a great program. I love the office staff and I am pleased with the progress my kids make each quarter.

Posted April 11, 2008

Bay Area is a great school for a Christian environment but the education at BACS is below average. There are many teachers there that only teach for a lower tuition for their children. As a parent I am not impressed by the teaching at BACSand soon wish to pull my chiild out of Bay Area after this school year because I hope for my child to

Posted March 31, 2008

I am a graduate of BAC and I too agree this school does not prepare you for collge- I had no idea how to study or take notes in the 'real world' as this school gave you reviews and notes to memorize. However the christian values are 100%...but I needed 100% in all areas.

Posted November 27, 2007

The school and staff care about their students. It is a loving enviornment for kids to learn and grow. Would like to see more growth in the music/band department, it is starting and would like to see it continue. They have added many after school review sessions that have been helpful for kids struggling with a subject. We have been please with this school and plan to have both our kids graduate from BAC.

Posted August 22, 2007

They were more concered about the school performance then they were the Christian aspects of the school. Myself and about 10 other parents had a meeting with the administrator about problems our children were having in 3rd grade. He was not concerned and we were unsatisfied. I pulled my son out that year as did others.

Posted February 21, 2007

Excellent education in a loving, Christian environment. Dedicated and involved teachers help make this school top notch. Worth every penny!

Posted December 2, 2006

I have all three of my children who have and are attending BACS. My first has just finished her first semester at college (HBU) with straight A's. My second is graduating this year with high honors and is expected to follow her older sister into a major University. They have turned out to be spectacular young women and BACS is a major contributor to their development. I expect great things from them as their lives and careers blossom. My youngest son is in fifth grade and he is becoming a very wonderful young man. I expect him to follow in his sister's foot steps. I had been very cautious on my opinion of BACS up until last year when my fist daughter graduated. At the graduation and the months following I have come to the conclusion that the decision to have all three children educated there couldn't have been better.

Posted June 17, 2006

The academic program is excellent due in part by the high quality of the teachers. Fne arts and the children's participation is well above average. Additionally, the school meticulously weaves Christian values in every aspects of school life.

Posted June 7, 2006

There is not an art teacher for the elementary grades. PE classes begin in 5th grade. Music class is awesome!

Posted May 19, 2006

This school does not properly prepare children for college. There were review sheets, pre-printed notes, etc. I was a straight A, top of my class student and I was lost and behind when I went to College.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Pacific Islander 6% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • SBACS
Fax number
  • (281) 554-5495

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4800 West Main Street