PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers are effective in teaching and they do care and help each student with becoming a good student. They want them to do their best in every subject. Overall I think they are effective.

Amount of homework: Disagree

While our daughter has only been in this school since third grade we have had lots of homework. Third grade was above average and fourth grade was unbelievable! I felt like I was homeschooling my daughter. We had no time for after school activities at all because of the homework and studing for exams or tests which were given daily. We all learned a lot in fourth grade. They say fifth grade is easier so we will see.

We love this school. Our daughter has gone here since third grade. She is in fifth grade now. Fourth grade was very hard but we learned a lot and got through it. My daughter loves all the staff,teachers and class mates. She doesn't want to go anywhere else. Public schools have to much drama and to be honest ,I fear for my daughter in a public school. Too many things happen. When we leave our daughter at BACS ,we don't worry about her safety at all. She has learned so much and we know when she graduates from here she will have a great start in College and her future will be awesome.

Develops character: Agree

I agree this school has helped my daughter in her Christian Faith. They have taught her so much not only from the Bible but overall being a good student in learning.

This school has been such a Godsend for my kids. I have one in elementary and one in high school. My older child transferred from public school after 9th grade. I have never seen him so happy and well-adjusted--and in record time. The coaches in particular are devoted and they really love those kids and teach them so much more than sports. Those lessons will stay with them their entire lives. It has very literally changed my older child's life. My younger child has learned to apply God's word to his own life and relationships and it is priceless. The difference in his reading and writing skills from those of his public school peers is obvious. I can't say enough good things about BACS in this review. I only wish I had started them sooner.

I was privileged enough to be able to attend Bay Area Christian for all of high school. In my own opinion I gave the school a great rating, reasons for this conclusion could go on and on forever. To start, I attended not only another private school in the Houston area, but also was in the public school system. The comparison could not be further apart. Bay Area was the best school I ever attended, from the teachers to the office staff. There was a lot of love and great Christian values established as the foundation of the school. I was able to participate in many different sports and all the coaches were such a blessing to me. The values and work ethics the coaches established in me have paid off big time in my career. Its been 7 years since I've graduated, and am still thankful everyday about how much attending this school has benefitted me in a positive way.

The high school teachers don't teach, they give assignments and homework. The answer for everything is a detention. There is no love, mercy, or talking/working it out. The teachers also play favorites here. Sad place.

I am so overly ple.ased with this school i cannot begin to brag enough. This school has the best teachers and staff. To hear my children quote God's word is the most rewarding thing i could sk for in my life. I am so happy that i was given the oppurtunity to have my children here and keep them here. If you are considering a private school in the area this is the place to take them.

Bay Area Christian has been a Godsend for my family. Our daughter has done extremely well with the smaller class sizes and accelerated curriculum. It's not one of those Christian Schools that was just duct taped together overnight, but rather it is a well-established institution that offers a warm, Christian environment for my daughter's education. I use to be a firm believer that Christian Schools were a waste of time and money because of all the kids i knew attending them and how mmuch of a blow-off they were; this school is NOT that way. My daughter has homework nearly every day and the parents are very involved with the teachers. It's a sense of family. I have not experienced anything other than greatness thus far from this school and it is well worth the money.

My son has attended since 5th grade and now in 10th. Teachers were great up till you get to highschool. My son is dyslexic so has a little harder time than most and does not make the grades that I would like. I have tried to get help from a Beta student which was referred but no one ever would get back to me or help me so we could get extra tutoring. After all as much as I pay you would think we could get help. So if your kid has a hard time in school this school is very hard but good kids and well behaved and so much better than public I have to say. Just plan on a lot of work, and your kid will be smarter than being in public school. Public school is just to many bad kids and bad influence and prepare you for trouble in future.

Last modified Bay Area Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12