Henry Bauerschlag Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2014
Parent-this is my first year to send my kids to HBE immediately it was a challenge. The front office personal were very rude not friendly at all. All year my 4th grader has complained about his teacher and I've met with both and it time I have to go over the fact he has ADHD. These two teacher have no experience at all with Children with ADHD. He is constantly punished for something he can not control. I'm trying to get out of these school going back to Gilmore. Don't recommend this school at all.

Henry Bauerschlag Elementary School 2

Posted March 11, 2014
The PTA is incredibly active and is over all very impressive! Kudos to the PTA! . If you are considering sending your child to HBE or already do so, call the principal and ask for the latest scores on the Texas State Tests for your child's grade level. Don't settle for a vague answer that the students do or did well compared to other schools. Ask specifics such as what is the passing grade for my child's grade level on the State Tests. (It's not 70) It changes every year and is well below a 70 thus you don't want a pass/fail answer. Then ask what is the school's grade level average for your child's grade level. You have to ask for this information and you have to choose your words very carefully when you do ask for it.

Posted July 19, 2013
HBE is a great school. My children all had great experiences with all their teachers. We have no complaints. The teachers try to make learning fun, and the PTA provides many opportunities for parents to get involved. They take school security seriously. We have found the office and administrative staff to be friendly and helpful.

Posted July 17, 2013
Fabulous school. I have been pleased with all of my child's teachers. My child thrived at Bauerschlag. The teachers are caring, knowledgeable, and hard-working. The PTA is very active and has won several awards.

Posted May 01, 2012
This is an incredible school!! All the teachers we have had are GREAT!!! I have no complaints.

Henry Bauerschlag Elementary School 2

Posted March 27, 2012
Well, as with most schools, teachers here are a mixed bag. Some are loving and caring - important for a child's first experience with school - and other are, well, NOT. Worse, if you identify an issue or ongoing problem with a teacher, do NOT expect your child to be moved to another classroom. It won't happen, no matter how bad it gets.

Henry Bauerschlag Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2012
I don't care for most of the teachers at this school. There are very few that are nice and seem to like their job. The others are there for a paycheck and they have no respect for the children or their parents. They have a "I'm the adult so I can speak to you however I want", mentality when dealing with the kids. The principal is very good but she needs to get a handle on her teachers to improve the school.

Posted October 15, 2010
Great School! Great Teachers! Great Academics!! I have no complaints! This is an awesome school!

Henry Bauerschlag Elementary School 3

Posted September 11, 2010
The vice principle was very nice but there was a particular 5th grade math teacher that called my son stupid and called my neighbors son retarded. She didn't think they heard her.

Posted August 06, 2009

Henry Bauerschlag Elementary School
2051 Brittany Bay Blvd, League City, TX  77573
Last modified Henry Bauerschlag Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henry Bauerschlag Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top