Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted March 31, 2016
My husband and I have been community volunteers here for years. Sadly we have watched the school and its students and faculty decay into what it has become now. In interacting with the students there used to be a sense of pride in them, but it seemingly has now been replaced by embarrassment. We noticed this change a few years ago and were hoping it would be temporary but it seems to have only gotten worse. We will not be sending our grandchildren to Leander High.

Posted February 21, 2016
My childrens' middle school had larger class sizes and fewer administrative staff and fewer school counselors and still wasn't as mismanaged as this school. The administration does a terrible job of communication and lacks critical organization skills. My oldest daughters middle school told me they gave up after a week of trying to get in touch with Leander staff to verify they received some of her records. This was the middle schools second attempt since Leander said it "must have done got lost in the hustle and bustle". That should have been my first hint. I really think the school is trying as hard as they can, but bless their little hearts its just too much for them to handle. I'm hoping they will be lucky enough to get a lottery transfer to Vandegrift or Vista Ridge.

Posted February 09, 2016
I can't take anything at this school seriously. Their academics are the weakest in the area, their sports teams are flat out terrible, and the students always look like they just got out of bed. And seriously what's with the participation ribbons in the trophy case? My daughters are so disappointed they can't transfer to VandeGrift or Vista Ridge.

Posted February 09, 2016
This is the most depressing school I have ever been around. I wish there was another school I could transfer my daughter to.

Posted January 26, 2016
Our family is very disappointed in the school's quality of education. Exceptionally low academic standards.

Posted January 22, 2016
This school struggles to excel in anything. Both of my boys were so disappointed by their experiences that I withdrew them 2 years ago and enrolled at another school. They chose a sports program instead of PE credit at Leander. I didn't realize the sports program was so demanding. It wouldn't have been so bad except they lost every single game. It was so bad seeing the disappointed looks on the kids faces before the games even started! The education was mediocre at best. Both of my sons got 94% and above in their AP classes but did badly on the AP tests because they were tested over subjects that weren't covered in class. At their new school, they got 5's on both AP tests last year. The people and the school are really nice, but it is an incredibly low self esteem school. They need to win at something to get some confidence in their kids.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted December 10, 2015
Firstly I do not recommend this school. I will say my son finished class with more information than he had to start with, so that's a start. The AP classes are ok but move at a slower pace than his previous school.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted December 10, 2015
The homework load was normal in some classes and too light in some other classes.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted December 10, 2015
Definitely not. Schools that do this have something to show for it. The trophy cases at the school are unexplainably sparse for a school that has been in existence for so long, and no school should EVER hang participation ribbons in its trophy case.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted December 10, 2015
The students I've seen looked very lifeless and uninterested in anything, I'm not sure if its quiet respect or if they're developing the attitude modeled by the teachers.

3301 South Bagdad Road, Leander, TX  78641
Last modified Leander High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.