Leander, TX

Posted August 20, 2014
We absolutely love this school. We've had one child go through with flying colors and have another that is as ready as can be to start second grade. Both of them have loved it there very much. Teachers that truly care about the children, initiatives that promote growth and ownership of learning ideals, and an administration that across the board truly goes the extra mile to get children, and teachers, to be the very best they can be... overall just a great place for your kids to learn and grow.

Block House Creek Elementary School 4

Posted August 17, 2014
I love this school. I had a kindergartner last year and we can't wait for 1st grade! I have always felt that my child was safe, and administration is very helpful, you just need to be reasonable and realize that they have hundreds of kids and teachers, and there are only 2 of them. I feel lucky to have a child here!

Posted June 09, 2014
The staff at block house including teachers usually seem on edge. At test time they are so freaked out that it is felt by the students. It is a very intense atmosphere and probably welcomed by overachieving students. But unless your child is above grade level they will be stressed out at test time. It is all about test scores here and that's OK if that is what you want for your child.

Posted September 23, 2013
BHC has evolved into a school that truly cares about my child and their educational success! I find it sad that a few disgruntled parents have posted poor ratings. I do not feel that one bad experience is indicative of the entire school or faculty. All of my children have attended BHC and have had both positive and negative experiences, but as an involved parent, we worked through any miscommunications and obsticals WITH the staff and it has always had a positive outcome. My children are safe and cared for and i believe that it takes a village to raise a child. Involvement and constant communication is vital to the success of our children.

Posted September 09, 2013
BHC Elementary is a wonderful school. The teachers and administration are of the highest quality. The involvement of the parents is amazing.

Posted August 30, 2013
Just started my daughter in kinder @ BHC. This is my first child so I'm not sure what to expect with regards to her schooling. Her teacher was hired a week before school started and it appears that she got the smallest room at the end of the hallway. It is very cramped and cluttered although it seems like the items in their are what you would expect to see just not enough room. I have lots of questions about the school and how my daughters day is structured. I guess those will get addressed at parent orientation next week. The teacher has sent out a few emails during this first week so that is promising. It is concerning to read many of the reviews here. I hope our experience here will be good. Sounds like involvement with your childs class and school may be key. Stay tuned....

Block House Creek Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2013
I took my children out of this school when they were in second and third grade. My other two have never gone to this school. I transfer them every year. The experiences I had the 4 years my children were there were unbelievable. Teachers were OK. Some better than others. The staff was hit or miss. Some friendly while others not so much. Communication, professionalism, and common courtesy were seriously lacking. I never felt an honest team effort. There seemed to be a lack of spirit and the atmosphere was mundane. One of the best decisions I made was removing my children from this environment.

Posted August 21, 2013
My oldest started going to BHC in kinder, I have been a class parent for 3 yrs for my oldest, and my middle one, when he went to kinder. I will sign up this year too. All of my kids teachers are incredible! I am involved with my kids education and keep in touch with teachers, even if I am not their class parent. I make sure that the teachers have cleaners for the kids desks (they eat snack on them everyday)! I make sure they have extra snacks for the ones that forget theirs. I make sure they have supplies needed, even if I can't buy them myself I let the class parent know, and they send out the requests. I do not have any problems with the teachers or staff. I would like to see parents more involved, reach out and connect with the people that are spending 7 hrs EVERYDAY, with YOUR child(ren), and you will have a fantastic year at BHC, I know, I have had 4 yrs and counting!

Block House Creek Elementary School 4

Posted May 15, 2013
Although I love this school, I can see how the reviews are slanted. Happy people do not often write reviews! I love the office staff, and the secretary on the other side in the principal's office is very nice and will help you if the receptionist is gone. The receptionist always remembers our names and has stickers for the little kids. Some teachers are better than others, but there is a lot of school spirit this year, which is great. I feel like it is a safe school. It would be hard to work in a school after the recent events in Sandyhook Elementary, so I have great respect for the teachers and staff at BHC.

Posted February 14, 2013
I find this school to be hit or miss. I rarely hear for my sons teacher...my daughters teacher seems completely checked out. I love Mrs. Derington who is working with my daughter in math. She gives me a ray of hope in a school that feels very cold. She is a dedicated teacher and my daughter is inspired by her. My best advice, whatever Mrs. Derington is doing...rinse and repeat!!!

Block House Creek Elementary School
401 Creek Run Drive, Leander, TX  78641
Last modified Block House Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Block House Creek Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top