Leander, TX

Posted February 17, 2015
My twin sister's son was in Kinder here this school year. He had occassional mild potty accidents (turned out to be a medical condition) that he was sent to the nurses station & always cleaned-up himself. The teacher he had & the principal were impatient about his progress (he started seeing an occupational therapist & was seeking medical attention) & right before winter break the principal bluntly told them to unenroll their son from the school. Still to this day I cannot believe that was even legal, but very unethical & disheartening none-the-less. They didnt fight the school due to not wanting to go back into an environment where he wasn't wanted. I am in the same school zone & will NOT enroll my 3rd grader there for the way they unfairly & brashly treated a poor little 5 year old & his family!

Posted January 31, 2015
I would have to disagree about Dr. Cady. She is outside welcoming kids every day, and always has a smile for us. The one issue we had was taken care of quickly, and it turned out that it was simply miscommunication. The teachers and staff are human beings, and they have to jump through the hoops that the state put up. Sometimes what is best for a child is not what is easiest for them. We have had caring teachers, friendly staff, and have developed a good relationship with administration. That doesn't mean that we can always have everything our way, but we are listened to and respected as a partner in the team effort to educate our child.

Posted January 30, 2015
A school's quality starts from the administration down. The principal, Dr. Cady, has reached her level of incompetence when it comes to handling anything more than her day to day responsibilities. She avoids conflict and if you disagree with her, you can expect no eye contact and avoidance. There is a negative atmosphere in this school. The teachers don't seem cheerful. Most are "teaching to the test" because of the excessive testing required by the state. BHCE has mostly good teachers who are there doing their job, have a happy face for parents and do just enough to be called a "good teacher". There are bad teachers & they have a few awesome teachers. They don't put the child first. They say they enjoy parent involvement but the truth is that they enjoy it as long as the parent doesn't question anything they do. We had to make a complaint to the school district to get anything accomplished. It's easy to place too much importance on things like if the receptionist smiles but if you have an experienced eye, you begin to see the toxicity starting from the top and spreading down through the ranks.

Posted August 20, 2014
We absolutely love this school. We've had one child go through with flying colors and have another that is as ready as can be to start second grade. Both of them have loved it there very much. Teachers that truly care about the children, initiatives that promote growth and ownership of learning ideals, and an administration that across the board truly goes the extra mile to get children, and teachers, to be the very best they can be... overall just a great place for your kids to learn and grow.

Block House Creek Elementary School 4

Posted August 17, 2014
I love this school. I had a kindergartner last year and we can't wait for 1st grade! I have always felt that my child was safe, and administration is very helpful, you just need to be reasonable and realize that they have hundreds of kids and teachers, and there are only 2 of them. I feel lucky to have a child here!

Block House Creek Elementary School 2

Posted June 09, 2014
The staff at block house including teachers usually seem on edge. At test time they are so freaked out that it is felt by the students. It is a very intense atmosphere and probably welcomed by overachieving students. But unless your child is above grade level they will be stressed out at test time. It is all about test scores here and that's OK if that is what you want for your child.

Posted September 23, 2013
BHC has evolved into a school that truly cares about my child and their educational success! I find it sad that a few disgruntled parents have posted poor ratings. I do not feel that one bad experience is indicative of the entire school or faculty. All of my children have attended BHC and have had both positive and negative experiences, but as an involved parent, we worked through any miscommunications and obsticals WITH the staff and it has always had a positive outcome. My children are safe and cared for and i believe that it takes a village to raise a child. Involvement and constant communication is vital to the success of our children.

Posted September 09, 2013
BHC Elementary is a wonderful school. The teachers and administration are of the highest quality. The involvement of the parents is amazing.

Block House Creek Elementary School 2

Posted August 30, 2013
Just started my daughter in kinder @ BHC. This is my first child so I'm not sure what to expect with regards to her schooling. Her teacher was hired a week before school started and it appears that she got the smallest room at the end of the hallway. It is very cramped and cluttered although it seems like the items in their are what you would expect to see just not enough room. I have lots of questions about the school and how my daughters day is structured. I guess those will get addressed at parent orientation next week. The teacher has sent out a few emails during this first week so that is promising. It is concerning to read many of the reviews here. I hope our experience here will be good. Sounds like involvement with your childs class and school may be key. Stay tuned....

Posted August 22, 2013
I took my children out of this school when they were in second and third grade. My other two have never gone to this school. I transfer them every year. The experiences I had the 4 years my children were there were unbelievable. Teachers were OK. Some better than others. The staff was hit or miss. Some friendly while others not so much. Communication, professionalism, and common courtesy were seriously lacking. I never felt an honest team effort. There seemed to be a lack of spirit and the atmosphere was mundane. One of the best decisions I made was removing my children from this environment.

Block House Creek Elementary School
401 Creek Run Drive, Leander, TX  78641
Last modified Block House Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Block House Creek Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top