Bad
Good

Posted April 25, 2012
LMS was recently awarded the distinction as a School To Watch. They were selected because they are doing things right and are a model for other schools. The teachers and administration are top notch. I've had 1 daughter graduate & 1 presently enrolled. They are bright girls who still are/were challenged. The dedicated teachers volunteer their time for tutorials and extra curricular activities. The diverse population is a hidden bonus. My girls are educated in a safe, challenging, and happy school.

Posted January 25, 2012
LMS is a fantastic school! The teachers are dedicated to the success of every child and dedicated to making sure every child has a passion for learning. Both LMS and the principal are award winning. I find this humorous considering the fact (yes fact) that other parent's and students at the other schools in the district still choose to cling to the negative stereotypes they have for LMS. It's not the shiny new school or the school in someone's idea of the "best" neighborhood, but LMS has it where it counts and that's the best middle school for academics in LISD bar none.

Posted February 23, 2010
I am a former student.I love this schools environment but I really didn't get all the help I needed to succeed.

Posted February 15, 2010
This school is one of the oldest in Leander but remains one of the finest! The teachers do incredible work with these kids and know each one by name. Sure, the population is diverse but so is the world and this middle school faces the same concerns that all middle schools in Texas face. The principal has the best in mind for each of her students and this filters down through the entire faculty. Kids receive a great education at LMS and, because of a lower enrollment, get lots of opportunities to participate in extra-curricular activities, as well as receive one on one attetion. I think you'll be very pleased with LMS.

Posted March 11, 2009
This diverse school is amazing. Although it isn't as new as the other middle schools in the district, it has character beyond the the brick facade. The principal and teachers are passionate and dedicated. My daughter is bright, but is challenged daily. She is happy and proud to be at this school. Her friends are wonderful children who I are respectful. Although LMS has the challenges of negativity, it shines regardless. Go Tigers!

Posted April 25, 2008
I love and miss this school honestly the best i've ever been to

Posted December 13, 2007
Leander Middle School is the best school I have ever taught at in my 20 years of teaching. The culture of the school empowers students and teachers to grow. At LMS, the bottom line is always what is best for kids! You will see the nurturing environment when you walk in the door. The mutual respect between students and teachers is incredible. LMS is truly a great place to teach and learn.

Leander Middle School 4

Posted August 01, 2007
I've been teaching 23 years, and I've never seen such a committed teaching staff as the one at LMS. The teachers care about every student. Even though the school is the oldest middle school in the district, the students, teachers, and administrators think it's the best.

Leander Middle School 4

Posted March 14, 2006
I have a disabled child who attends this school. His disabilities are invisible and often confused with lack of effort and behavioral issues. This school has tried hard to work with me and my child to ensure that his needs are met. They need regular reminders about some of his challenges but this is not surprising considering the nature of his disabilities.

Leander Middle School 3

Posted August 20, 2005
Have to agree entirely with the post on LISD and disabilities. We have lived in the district for 21 yrs and one of my children still attend at LHS. I had the same experience with my oldest child and trying to get the district/school to test my child for dyslexia. When they finally did test I was told my child was borderline (results were below or right at the dividing line)and there was nothing the shool district could offer or do for this child. I don't know if they now have programs for disabilities like this but if planning to live here and need this type of program please look into it. Horrible experience for us.

410 Leander Drive, Leander, TX  78641
Last modified Leander Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.