Bad
Good

Vista Ridge High School 3

Posted January 28, 2016
Like any school, there are good teachers and bad teachers, some that give it their all, and others there to punch a clock. My biggest gripe is with the administration and the coach teachers. On a student tour, the Principal himself said the artistic-photography/art class area of the school was the "freak" area. Should give you a very good idea of his priorities. It's all sports all the time--something my students say impact their education--that their teachers that are coaches aren't as committed to educating them as they are to their teams. For students who want to learn and excel, it's always very disappointing.

Posted January 26, 2016
Love Vista Ridge Band! Great experience. During football season the Band Directors get the kids out to their other classes as much as they can so that they don't fall behind academically. Easy to email the teachers. Most reply back quickly and are very supportive on helping me keep my child on track with her grades. It is easy for my daughter to talk to her teachers about her grades. Office staff and nurse are great!

Vista Ridge High School 3

Posted May 08, 2015
If your kid loves drama stay away from this school. The teacher here only caters to her "pets" and everyone else is an afterthought. My kid had a lifelong love of drama until coming here. She (the teacher) killed this life long enthusiasm in a single school year. I could give examples but what's the point? People only seem to care about sports here anyway so I guess the arts is an afterthought. Academically, Vista is a good school and I do think highly of the principal I just wish there was more focus on activities that don't include football.

Posted March 08, 2015
Vista Ridge High School has very good extracurricular activities and academic programs. Overall, the school performs better than the state average and neighboring schools. VRHS Science department wins sweepstakes at regional science fair most of the years and students do well in DECA competition. Admin and attendance staffs respond to my email and easy to work with them. Most of the teachers are good and they respond to my kid's questions and kids can utilize before/after school hours and ranger time.

Vista Ridge High School 1

Posted October 01, 2014
The school cares more about money than our education. Not only do they take us out of class to make sure they get money for parking permits but they backed up the student parking. They directed us to go which was a horrible idea since they don't acknowledge the fact they are liable if an accident were to happen since there was no officer helping . Students had to wait thirty minutes to be asked about parking permits and threatening us if we didn't get it we will face consequences, not only were we late to class they were not counted excused . We paid the consquence for their actions .

Posted October 19, 2013
Awesome school! Everyone is nice and makes a great, friendly community! A great school for anyone and everyone. Very accepting and plenty of ways to get involved.

Posted June 04, 2009
Vista Ridge High School is one of the Best Schools out there..Great with the kids and trying to keep every child in the game..I think they are better than the private schools my Children have attended.

Vista Ridge High School 4

Posted November 08, 2008
I am a senior at the Ridge and really involved in the school. I feel that I am not challenged academically, but I do think that it is just me because I have found that many of my friends do put a lot of hard work in to make their grades. As for the teachers, they are AMAZING! I have never seen a more competent group of educators than there are at Vista Ridge! The AP's are all awesome, they are qualified and really go out of their way to get to know the students. We recently got a new prinicipal at our school and he has too many useless rules that no one enforces, he is also way too worried about his image and saving face. I LOVE VR AND I WOULDNT WANT TO GO TO ANY OTHER SCHOOL!!!!

Vista Ridge High School 2

Posted October 07, 2008
As a student i find the choice of classes to be excellent. As for the disciplinary, I find it greatly lacking. Though, they do a good job of sweeping up small offenses like candy, they seem to over look any major offenses. Unless, it stares them in the face.

Vista Ridge High School 4

Posted September 08, 2008
I am a parent and I do not like the principal leadership at all. It seems as if the current principal has created several perposturous rules that i find unnecessary. Other than that, it is a great school with great teachers and an exceptional athletic program.

Vista Ridge High School
200 S Vista Rdg Blvd, Leander, TX  78641
Last modified Vista Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.