5-6, 10-12|Private

Bad
Good

Willow Bend Academy is an amazing and caring school. I can't say enough positive things about the entire faculty, staff and principal. My son is very bright, but had certain challenges at the same time. He spent middle school at Willow Bend Academy and they prepared him for the challenges of public high school. I believe that they were able to improve his self-esteem through the superb hands-on approach and individualized instructional style that they offer. They were able to challenge him cognitively and boost his self-worth at the same time. I highly recommend Willow Bend Academy - A very satisfied parent.

At Willow Bend Academy we recognize that the needs of each student are unique. With a small student to teacher ratio (8:1), students spend a good amount of time interacting with their teacher and the teacher works hard to meet each student s specific needs. This school is not a diploma mill: it takes hard work and time on the part of the student. Ensuring that a student is prepared for the next step after high school is one of our primary concerns. If that means working through concepts in a math book slowly and deliberately with a student, that will happen. Since we are mastery based, students are expected to know and understand the concepts being taught before moving forward. This has proven to be frustrating to some students. In many cases, the students that have marched out the door in anger, return after a few years to thank us for challenging them to be the best person they can in terms of academics, social interaction and emotional health. The faculty and staff at Willow Bend Academy truly care for each student that walks in the door. We strive to provide a caring and accepting environment for students to grow academically and socially.

Willow Bend Academy, Lewisville, has been a school where students can enroll at any time of the year and pick up where they left off at their former school. The school has a self-paced program for students looking for individualized curriculum that meets their educational needs. The four-hour program works great, and allows time for going to your job afterwards. WBA is a school for those students who are looking to accelerate quickly through their coursework to graduate early. It is also designed for students who need more time to master their coursework, because it is designed to meet their needs too.

We loved Willowbend. I have one child who is very advanced, was in gifted program at local public. I have another child who was in the gifted program, but slacks somewhat sometimes. The school was great for both of them. I think this is a school that adapts itself for each individual child. I loved the staff. The kids loved the school. They learned a lot.

I am a junior in high school at Willow Bend Academy. I came to WBA because I needed to escape the classic 8 hour school day and hour an a half classes. And as soon as I found WBA, I did! The teachers are ACTUALLY invested into helping me learn and fully understand the material. They genuinely care about my education. I can honestly say now that I enjoy school now because of WBA. And that is a phrase I never thought I would say! I may move at my own pace, which allows me to get more work done in 4 hours, than I would in 8 hours of traditional school. My parents weren't to jazzed, at first, about me only being in school for 4 hours a day. Naturally, it seems kind of different. But now my parents are thrilled that we have made this change because of the progress and achievements I have accomplished! All in all, WBA is a must for any student who cant function at his/her capacity because of public and private schools unwillingness to alter their class structure or style for the student. I highly reccomend the WBA change. I was not asked to write this review, I am just sincerely thankful to WBA for the changes that they have helped me to make.

I don't have the vocabulary to truly express my gratitude to all of the staff and teachers for the love and support they've given my boys and the peace they've given me. I can breathe deep and relax, knowing my boys are guided by the most caring and invested staff and teachers I've ever seen. God bless all of you at Willow Bend!

Willow Bend Academy is an outstanding school. The curriculum instills independence and determination. Its an awesome school for anyone looking to graduate early or for anyone looking to find better quality work and attention. The student teacher ratio is awesome and is a great environment for anyone wanting to meet their educational goals.

This a "great school". Students receive much individual teaching with curriculum made to fit the student. (Most schools require the student to fit the curriculum whether it's too easy or too difficult.) Graduates who have gone to college have been successful and have become teachers, business managers and other professional occupations. Others have developed successful careers such as business, law enforcement and the military.

Last modified Willow Bend Academy is a Private school that serves grades 5-6, 10-12