Bad
Good

I'm a parent who is really happy with this school. Great school and great staff.

I love this school so much. It shows what school is really about! At first it takes some getting use to but then you really grow close to the teachers, students, and community! I have grown educationally & my school has helped my earn the best grades in my life through the close connection between teachers and students. This school has great college connections and cares about each and every child as an individual! If you want to send your child elsewhere just be aware you will not find an education like this anywhere else. -Child Who Goes Here

Administration is the worst. and will continue to be unless RES is serious about iSchool STEM. Teachers are awesome though the best ones tend to leave after a year or so. The concept iSchool has changed drastically since its inception, and for the worse. Before going to this or any charter school, check the credentials, work history, educational record of ALL of the administration. (Easy to request it through their RES webpage for public information.) . RES needs to stop hiring so many of their friends and relatives and hire strictly based on competence.

This is my first year here and I will NOT be coming back, very unimpressed with this school. The faculty are only there for their paycheck. They do not have a nurse nor a counselor, very unorganized and unprofessional. They act like they have never ran a school before. A ton of kids are leaving this next year to go to LISD or their previous school. I came here hoping for a better education but what I got was a stressful, dramatic year. I do not recommend this school to anyone. They do not portray what they say they are, very sad and disappointed.

We have been very pleased with our daughter's education wtih iSchool High. She transferred from a private school in her junior year. The curriculum is entirely online and there is great emphasis on college prep, which was integral in our reasoning for transferring her. The academics are fairly rigourous--could stand to be a bit more in our opinion. We appreciate the opportunity the students are afforded to participate in dual credit. This school is definitely designed for those with a STEM background or those interested in seeking that in their future endeavors, but for those that are not necessarily heading toward the sciences and maths, it is still very focused no the writing and career prep that is needed for all college majors. The focus is not on athletics--students involved in athletics attend ischool due to the flexible schedule options however. It is a good mix of all walks really. Teachers overall are good. I recommend iSchool High!

I've been in this school since I was a freshman. I loved this school my freshman and sophomore years. This year, my junior year, the school's staff almost completely changed. New campus director, new teachers, and a completely different school than I know iSchool to be.I had fun and looked forward to my classes in the previous years. I loved my teachers and the welcoming feeling iSchool gave off. This year, this school changed. Many of my favorite teachers left, my favorite classes were dropped, and the uniqueness of the school is gone. As a student, I advise you to take a look at other options.

This is NOT a school for the accelerated student! Huge mistake and waste of my son's time going here, but fortunately we were able to get back on track with all of the AP courses offered at the nearby public high school. It's a huge campus, but the quality of teachers is much higher, especially if your son/daughter is enrolled in the AP courses.

Where to even begin? I advise anyone considering this school or any "charter" school do research on charter schools in general. I failed to research this school properly before enrolling my son and when I did, I found it terrifying. The curriculum is by ResponsiveEd, which I found, after hours upon hours of digging, is directly related to Accelerated Christian Education. See where I am going with this? The curriculum is anti-science, and pro-religion. Since the Intelligent Design movement has been squashed out of traditional public schools by the supreme court on grounds it is not scientific whatsoever, they have cleverly been setting up charter schools to push their false "science". The learning environment is terrible. They have now gone to a "mastery" system, meaning if your child does not make straight A's (90+) they have to attend extra hours of school including Saturday school. There are no teachers, only classroom monitors. The kids must teach themselves everything. This school is in no way, shape, or form a College "prep" school. The stats they show seem good, but contrary to common belief, numbers DO lie. Statistics are subject to interpretation. Again.. Beware..

Would very much like to know about the principal being "reassigned" and the breakroom incident but this site, for reviews, doesn't seem to let people contact each other. If you happen to read this and it violated no guidelines, "student", please email me ravenonyx at gmail dot com.

If you intend on enrolling your child, beware that the administration and their parent company have extremely conservative viewpoint on "zero tolerance". Make heavy note of the extensive code of conduct and be sure you understand exactly what each one refers to (ie, is a hug a sexual assault). The Code is extremely vague in several overlapping areas. This is straight from the parent company Responsive Ed (Qwest Middle School, Vista Academy, and K-12) - research to see the "school board" you'll be dealing with. Look up the worst stories you can find about "zero tolerance policies" and draw your own conclusions. Ignore the pretty, tech-intensive "hooks" they have to make everything look nice on the surface and dig deep before choosing to enroll your child. Also, if you do withdraw from the school, in my experience it is extremely hard to get their records to transfer with even with written requests hand delivered to the front desk.

Last modified iSchool High - STEM is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.