Posted August 27, 2014
Administration is the worst. and will continue to be unless RES is serious about iSchool STEM. Teachers are awesome though the best ones tend to leave after a year or so. The concept iSchool has changed drastically since its inception, and for the worse. Before going to this or any charter school, check the credentials, work history, educational record of ALL of the administration. (Easy to request it through their RES webpage for public information.) . RES needs to stop hiring so many of their friends and relatives and hire strictly based on competence.

Posted May 07, 2014
This is my first year here and I will NOT be coming back, very unimpressed with this school. The faculty are only there for their paycheck. They do not have a nurse nor a counselor, very unorganized and unprofessional. They act like they have never ran a school before. A ton of kids are leaving this next year to go to LISD or their previous school. I came here hoping for a better education but what I got was a stressful, dramatic year. I do not recommend this school to anyone. They do not portray what they say they are, very sad and disappointed.

Ischool High School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
We have been very pleased with our daughter's education wtih iSchool High. She transferred from a private school in her junior year. The curriculum is entirely online and there is great emphasis on college prep, which was integral in our reasoning for transferring her. The academics are fairly rigourous--could stand to be a bit more in our opinion. We appreciate the opportunity the students are afforded to participate in dual credit. This school is definitely designed for those with a STEM background or those interested in seeking that in their future endeavors, but for those that are not necessarily heading toward the sciences and maths, it is still very focused no the writing and career prep that is needed for all college majors. The focus is not on athletics--students involved in athletics attend ischool due to the flexible schedule options however. It is a good mix of all walks really. Teachers overall are good. I recommend iSchool High!

Posted February 13, 2014
I've been in this school since I was a freshman. I loved this school my freshman and sophomore years. This year, my junior year, the school's staff almost completely changed. New campus director, new teachers, and a completely different school than I know iSchool to be.I had fun and looked forward to my classes in the previous years. I loved my teachers and the welcoming feeling iSchool gave off. This year, this school changed. Many of my favorite teachers left, my favorite classes were dropped, and the uniqueness of the school is gone. As a student, I advise you to take a look at other options.

Posted September 30, 2013
Where to even begin? I advise anyone considering this school or any "charter" school do research on charter schools in general. I failed to research this school properly before enrolling my son and when I did, I found it terrifying. The curriculum is by ResponsiveEd, which I found, after hours upon hours of digging, is directly related to Accelerated Christian Education. See where I am going with this? The curriculum is anti-science, and pro-religion. Since the Intelligent Design movement has been squashed out of traditional public schools by the supreme court on grounds it is not scientific whatsoever, they have cleverly been setting up charter schools to push their false "science". The learning environment is terrible. They have now gone to a "mastery" system, meaning if your child does not make straight A's (90+) they have to attend extra hours of school including Saturday school. There are no teachers, only classroom monitors. The kids must teach themselves everything. This school is in no way, shape, or form a College "prep" school. The stats they show seem good, but contrary to common belief, numbers DO lie. Statistics are subject to interpretation. Again.. Beware..

Posted February 15, 2013
Would very much like to know about the principal being "reassigned" and the breakroom incident but this site, for reviews, doesn't seem to let people contact each other. If you happen to read this and it violated no guidelines, "student", please email me ravenonyx at gmail dot com.

Posted February 13, 2013
If you intend on enrolling your child, beware that the administration and their parent company have extremely conservative viewpoint on "zero tolerance". Make heavy note of the extensive code of conduct and be sure you understand exactly what each one refers to (ie, is a hug a sexual assault). The Code is extremely vague in several overlapping areas. This is straight from the parent company Responsive Ed (Qwest Middle School, Vista Academy, and K-12) - research to see the "school board" you'll be dealing with. Look up the worst stories you can find about "zero tolerance policies" and draw your own conclusions. Ignore the pretty, tech-intensive "hooks" they have to make everything look nice on the surface and dig deep before choosing to enroll your child. Also, if you do withdraw from the school, in my experience it is extremely hard to get their records to transfer with even with written requests hand delivered to the front desk.

Posted November 12, 2012
Media Arts Academy (not stem!) I would first like to point out that the curriculum is great. It is easy to pace yourself as long as you work hard and don't play games all day. That said, they treat students with much disrespect, whether they are hard working with straight a's and already a semester ahead of schedule (me), or if they are a senior who is so lazy they still have freshmen classes. I have asked simple innocent questions and the director chuckled at me like it was stupid. They make new rules like assigning extra math work (without much warning) and expecting every student to be okay with it. This school seems to be more like a corporations, caring more about how the school looks than about the students at the school. I do not believe that I deserve to do 27 extra pages of math per unit (I have gotten great grades on my Geometry tests), and many people are the same, but they do not personalize the system at all. They only make rules that cover the whole campus. That said, this is better than regular public schools, and this is not an "alternative school" for bad students, but the main reason I am working fast to graduate early is to leave this school for a better school

Ischool High School 5

Posted September 26, 2012
Ischool High is a technology based school that has a heavy focus on higher education and preparation for each student's future. The manner in which teaching is carried out is lightly defined, yet surprisingly effective. The teachers at the school are all hand picked an thoroughly selected by the administration. This ensures that they are highly experienced and happy to work with and teach students. As a whole this system seems to work quite well. The school is based off of following 5 community agreements and the 7 habits of highly effective people. This seeks to make the school an orderly and peaceable learning environment in which students can pursue their academic goals in the best way possible.

Ischool High School 5

Posted September 26, 2012
iSchool High is a fruitful experience that you will not forget. Coming from a background where I had been previously homeschooled grades 1-8, this was my first "public" school to ever attend. Quivering from head to toe, I feared how my future would be affected by this turn in my life - high school. Would it be positive? Or rather... would it be negative? Well, let me alleviate your curiosity. Currently, as a Sophomore who attends iSchool High, my experience has been, without a doubt, positive. The minute I walked in through the clear, double doors to attend Freshmen orientation, my fears were allayed. I was quickly introduced to the welcoming community, given complimentary food, and assigned an astute mentor. Since then, my adulation for the school has snowballed. Throughout my high school experience at iSchool, I have made ardent frienships, gained considerable knowledge, and met some of the most incredible teachers. It was once said that you reap what you sow. Sow an abundance of propitious knowledge and undying relationships now, and reap the boundless blessings that follow; iSchool High is the just the place to do it.

Ischool High School
1800 Lakeway Drive, Lewisville, TX  75057
Last modified Ischool High School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ischool High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top