Bad
Good

Lewisville Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2016
My child was out sick with doctors note.The principle and nurse came to my house accusing me of lying.even after they had the doctors excuse they continued to harrass my child.

Posted April 17, 2015
I am a volunteer (3 years) and am largely invisible. Very mixed and difficult student base (economically/ seven languages). I am impressed by attitude and conduct of the teachers and administrative staff. Sure, some/few of the teachers are a little loud, but by and large the VAST majority are empathetic and overly dedicated to their students. From the Principal (hope spelled right) down to the admin staff, all are exceptionally empathetic to parents, many of which could not pass STAR on a bet (no criticism meant). Don' have kids anymore but I would have no problem having my kids go there.

Posted April 28, 2014
This is a fairly new school so there are some learning curves that are still being worked out. My daughter has been going here since she was in kindergarten. So far I love the teachers she has been involved with. They are constantly challenging her and keeping her on her toes. My youngest is not in school yet but the school knows her. They can not wait until she is able to attend. The only down fall at this point is the lack of involvement with parents and trying to get the PTA up and going. I believe more involvement would equal more success.

Posted September 26, 2013
My boys love it and I'm very proud to say my twin boys attend this school. It's a fairly new school so there's a great need for parents to get involved. I feel connected to the teachers and office staff and have a great deal of confidence in them to teach and instruct my kids in their education.

Posted July 28, 2013
I am a parent interested in finding out more information regarding this school that my 4year old might ultimately be attending.

Lewisville Elementary School 1

Posted June 04, 2013
the 4th grade teachers here are even worse than the 3rd grade teachers. apparently, the math teachers are more concerned with cute little "strategies" to teach multiplication and division than just teaching them how to do it in the first place. i have had to teach my kid how to multiply and divide at home all over again because the "strategies" were to confusing and she never got the correct answers on her homework. now she has a good grasp of how to do multiplication and division problems after i told her to ignore these "strategies" and do it correctly. something else i had to teach her at home after school was her spelling words. each week my kid would bring home this list of "activities" related to spelling words like, pouring salt or sugar on a plate and spelling her words, writing words in the air with a parent, and then jumbling up the letters in a word. what? then each day the student was supposed to get a parent to sign off that it was completed. i signed off on it but she never did the "activities". i had her write the words 10 times and then she spelled the words as i read them off. her report card was a 100 for spelling after i started teaching her the words every week.

Lewisville Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2013
The only complaint I've ever had is with the pick up/drop-off line in the mornings/afternoon. The ladies in the office could use an attitude adjustment every now and then also, but other than that my children and I have had a positive experience. I'd have to say Miss Liebsle (K) and Mrs. Brown (1st) made my kids' school life an absolute blast!

Posted May 31, 2013
The good thing about this school are the teachers. Most are very caring and concerned about student success. The ladies at the front desks are not friendly and neither is principal.

Posted May 02, 2013
My children have been to 4 different schools in the last 5 years, due to us moving around. I have one child who is 'normal', and one who has severe ADHD and other emotional and educational disabilities. We have been looked over with her disabilities in all other schools but this one. They've taken her from hating school, barely able to read, and socially inept, to a child who loves school, is doing so well in class, has pride in herself, and is a child that I never expected to get. Her teacher, Mrs. Strickler, has had her for two years now, as we held her back last year to be able to work on her skills. She is in constant communication with me, and is one of the best teachers I have ever known. She gives constant praise, builds up all of her students, and loves each of her students with all of her heart. My other daughter struggles in math, and her teacher has a math lab that she does with the parents monthly to keep us 'in the know', which is so very helpful. The principal is very involved, as are the counselors. I absolutely love this school and will recommend it always! This school is amazing!

Posted July 18, 2012
My son absolutely loved this school... Mrs. Miller was the best teacher he could have had... I heard she rightfully got 'Teacher of the Year' award for the 2011-2012 school year... He had his issues like all kids, but she always knew how to get his best behavior out of him... We will miss her as we are moving away... He even enjoyed the women in the ESD (extended school day) Program... The only problem I ever saw was the parents not paying attention to the crossing guard, teachers, much less the kids walking to and from school... It wasn't for a lack of effort on the teachers part... We all did what we could to get the Lewisville PD out there, but they couldn't do much bc when ppl see a cop car they are on their best till they're gone...

Lewisville Elementary School
285 Country Ridge Road, Lewisville, TX  75067
Last modified Lewisville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.