Bad
Good

Central Elementary School 1

Posted April 01, 2014
My childs in second grade and has not yet received homework for this year or last. I've asked teachers. He receives more homework for a paid tutoring outside of school. Then this school! Teacher are nice but I feel like its just babysitting then school. They never send papers home that tell you what your child has learned or is learning. And when they do there only in Spanish. I don't mind my son learning Spanish but i would like if the could send forms home where i could at least read what i need to sign. Since I don't read Spanish. Teachers are nice but in my sons class I never see his work displayed. What gets me mad is they put other children's work up but not my childs because it might be to messy. So they send it home and everyone else's is displayed. Plus last time we had parent meeting for children they brought me a translator to listen to the meeting. I don't mind spanish but here they make me feel like iam the outsider. If your in this district I believe you should definitely move. Were selling are home just to get are child some proper education. With the dull language program elsewhere.

Central Elementary School 4

Posted August 17, 2013
The second grade staff is amazing! Sra. Alvarado and Ms. Henderson improved my child's reading and math skills greatly! He is reading at fifth grade level and he is only 7.

Central Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2011
I have NEVER encountered such disorganization from a public school. I am immediately withdrawing my 4 yr old after such a disastrous first day. The registration process was a nightmare after they lost our paperwork, we were not given valuable information about the school before my daughter started...such as they wear uniforms, school supplies, and even what time to pick her up. Their website is inadequate. They sent my four year old wandering the halls by herself to find the office. They yelled at her for being upset while she waited for me to come get her because they told us the wrong time. All in all, it's been a horrible experience for everyone!

Posted August 04, 2007
Central has it's challenges but the staff truly care about each child. There are a LOT (1100) of students and yet most of the teachers and staff have a relationship with my children. My children feel safe and important in this school. Mrs. Ruth was helpful and easy to communicate with and there for any and all questions I had about my children's education.

Posted January 19, 2007
I'm not familiar with the education of the upper age elementary students, but the Special Education Program for the Pre School children is excellent. The school is well equipped for special education providing OT, Speech, and inclusion. My son has made tremendous progress in this program.

Posted September 22, 2004
The staff at Central is awesome. My son is in their PPCD Program and I don't know what I would do without it. He has made such a tremendous turnaround in just a few months. I love this school.

Central Elementary School
400 High School Drive, Lewisville, TX  75057
Last modified Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top