Bad
Good

Hedrick Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2013
Hedrick is one of the more- established schools in the district. The teachers are experienced and have the kids best interest at heart. At first glance, because of an older building and majority-minority student population, one might hesitate -- but I have loved every minute my kids have gone there. A new principal has added a freshness and can-do atmosphere that really shows. I have many friends whose kids go the the "good" schools in the areas and many complain of many problems, disinterested teachers, over zealous PTAs, constant fundraising, etc. I only give four stars because a newer building would make it a five-star school. I still have eight years at the school and I am looking forward to each one.

Posted April 03, 2013
My kids have been at Hedrick since kindergarten (they are in 4th grade now). The teachers and staff are some of the most caring in the district. My kids consistently score well on standardized tests, so I know they are learning at the same level as students at any other school. They have loved their teachers every year and are always sad when they have to say goodbye at the end of the school year. Hedrick is a great school and I would recommend it to anyone!

Posted August 26, 2007
My children attended Forest Vista Elementary before Hedrick. We are extremely pleased with Hedrick, its teachers, staff, and principal. It's a wonderful school with some of the most caring teachers available.

Hedrick Elementary School 4

Posted April 09, 2006
The teachers at Hedrick are very careful and dedicated. My child has been going there for 4yrs. Whenever she needs additonal help the teachers are always there to assist.

Posted July 15, 2005
My kids go here and I think it is the best. The teachers help all the way. I like the way they all know the name of my kids and enjoy how the great my kids.

Hedrick Elementary School 3

Posted April 19, 2005
My son was in the first grade. The classroom was overcrowded and he didnt get much attention unless he was acting up. I didnt realize just how much he didn't learn until we switched schools this year and he has improved 110%.

Hedrick Elementary School 1

Posted October 22, 2004
As a Lewisville resident for 25 years and an active community member, I can say without a doubt that Hedrick is the worst school out of every single school I've visited. I have visited quite a few, including Central elementary, where at one time I thought was not the school for my child. Having dealt with indistrict transfers and observations of many schools, there is no doubt that Hedrick leaves little to be desired. From power hungry adminstrators who bring personal issues to school, to exclusion of kindergartners, to an oppressive school where kids are told they cannot talk in the cafeteria and naturally when they do so, inappropriate discipline is enforced including yelling and isolation of kindergartners and having them put their heads down on the table whether or not a parent is there to have lunch with the child. More to say, but word count is out.

Hedrick Elementary School
1532 Bellaire Boulevard, Lewisville, TX  75067
Last modified Hedrick Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.