Posted September 08, 2013
Honestly some of these reviews are destroying the school to yogurts off of small personal experiences. At this school I find the teachers very kind as I've been able to Experience most of them since I've been he there since sixth grade and I'm in eight this year. I've never heard, encountered, or have seen a single gang sign, gang member, drug influence, or anything that most parents and teachers would fear from a school. The school is great with caring teachers, an outstanding band program, and an experience that you wouldn't get at other school. Of course there are a lot of students who don't try as hard as the others which messes up test scores which makes parents believe it's the teachers fault. I love this school and Im very happy with the teachers and students. The demerits system is to keep kids in line and understand discipline. Great school great teachers.

Posted May 20, 2013
This school is SOOOOOO HORRIBLE, as a parent I am so disappointed!!!! I don't know how they have not put them out on BLAST!!! My nephew attended this school and by far this has been the far worst school he has gone to. He wouldn't get in so much trouble until he got here. The teachers are so unfair. He has gotten so many demerits that it's for the dumbest things and has been sent to ISS. One of them happens to be that he had told a teacher if he could have gone to the bathroom and he was told NO GET BACK IN YOUR SEAT and like a student he did. He ask several times that it got to the point that his bladder was hurting him so he walked out to go to the restroom and got sent to ISS. REALLY!!!! This is why I am here writing this so you can think about it twice before making a wise choice of buying a house, if you happen to have children. It's sad to see this going on cause I would have loved for my children to go to the school Mom grew up in. Who wouldn't want their kids to go to the same school their parents went to. That's all i gots to say!

Posted February 16, 2013
Hedrick is a very good school and is a great learning enviroment. I advise you to allow your children to go here.

Posted August 22, 2012
I have a daughter going into 7th grade and a son entering 6th grade this year. I am very excited and pleased with the principal, teachers and environment. The principals/teachers are strict only because they expect great things from the students. Where mediocre is allowed, mediocre will reside. I am happy that the school has strict policies because it helps the students realize they can be better than average. My kids love their teachers....especially the band teachers!

Hedrick Middle School 3

Posted February 27, 2012
Although the school itself (architecture) is crummy and not very pleasing to the eye, I have been taught fairly well here. I am currently a 6th grader here, and I have homework almost everyday. I am in every Pre-AP class (except for geography, all Pre-AP classes were full) here, and most of my teachers are very kind and care for us (My teachers hug me!). However, in my opinion, the school food is terrible. I recommend bringing your lunch. The school is slightly dirty, mostly Hispanic (trying not to be racist here), and some of the kids who attend here are kind-of shady (they have a police officer here to keep them in line). The biggest problem for me personally is a "gang" (more of a club) called "Doolally Squat". They really don't do much of anything other than to annoy students during passing periods and saying "Doolally Squat" constantly. More of a nuscience, really. Still, the school has great teachers, but is strict. I was sent to the principal's office after being late to first period several times. The "demerit" system gets stricter every semester. Mostly a good school.

Posted February 03, 2012
This is the worst school my daughter has gone to by far. They are very strict, but not on appropriate times. My daughter was kicked off the bus for unzipping her jacket after being told to zip it up. Not for a day, but a month and a half. When is zipping up your jacket a rule? Ridiculous. She reported a boy hitting her and they did absolutely nothing about it. My child does not bring school work home ever, I always had homework as a child. She was then sent to DAEP for talking. This school is part of Lewisville ISD and is much worse, like a military boot camp. They suspended her after 3 demerits, waving to another child, leaning in her chair and talking to the teacher out of turn. I am considering moving as this school is ruining my child's opportunity for education. Never have I had a problem with a school with my 12 year old until this school.

Posted January 19, 2012
My son has had a wonderful experience at Hedrick. I also have just been impressed with every teacher I have come in contact with. I especially love the ladies working at the front desk. Always happy to help me.

Posted March 09, 2011
My daughter started here in 6th grade and I have to say that I am displeased with this school. We will let her finish her school year, but next year I plan on getting her into private or other school. The rules are very strict and the teacher selection is very poor. It's mostly a hispanic school. How are we as parents supposed to see our kid's progress when the teachers don't send home graded papers???

Posted September 23, 2009
i love this middle school my child is in 7th grade and they have a great parent,teacher interaction. they have lots of extracurricular activities my child can get it and the teacher and office staff are very friendly. i am in love with this school!

Hedrick Middle School 3

Posted September 04, 2009

Hedrick Middle School
1526 Bellaire Boulevard, Lewisville, TX  75067
Last modified Hedrick Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hedrick Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top