Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Our experience has been wonderful! Our children's teachers are top notch! They're caring, helpful, kind and respectful toward our children and to us! They monitor the abilities of help with weakness and encourage advancement!

Develops character: Strongly agree

They make a big deal of teaching values, morales and fairness at McAuliffe. They have a lot of fun at this school, but they're also not afraid of discipline when required! We like this approach! Our kids come home telling us what values they've learned from McAuliffe and we appreciate the reinforcement from the school on these important issues.

We moved last summer (2015) from out of state and have been completely blown away with McAuliffe Elementary. Mrs. M the principal was very approachable and welcoming to our family as we got our two girls registered just before the beginning of school! The whole staff are kind and helpful and really enjoy their jobs. This flows down to the teaching staff as well! We think we had two of the best teachers at McAuliffe, although from reviews, neighbors and friends, all the teachers are great! Her teacher started the year off right by calling our daughter before orientation night just to say hello and get to know her! Our daughter was so excited and not as apprehensive about starting a new school. Her teacher is very loving, caring and nurturing. She is exactly what our daughter needed to transition this year! We couldn't have been happier! Our other daughter equally had a wonderful teacher that helped her thrive and grow throughout the year! She as very encouraging and a wonderful role model! We came from private schools prior to this and this is every bit if not better than our previous school. Thank you McAuliffe! We love this school!

If you child has ADD or any other learning disability, I would highly recommend a different school. My son had the absolute worst experience ever at this school. The teachers are extremely unprofessional (eye rolling, pointing out his learning disability to others, and making him feel inferior). This was not one teacher - this was the culture over 3 1/2 years that he had to endure. Escalating to the leadership fell on deaf ears as absolutely nothing was done about the inappropriate and unprofessionalism of the teachers there. He has been out of the school for a year and it was night and day difference. We had to seek therapy for my son after the way he was treated not by other students, but by the teachers. It was a nightmare.

My daughter was very fortunate to attend this elementary school. The Principal of this school is amazing. She understands clearly what it takes to nurture and prepare children for life. This elementary school's students and parents hopefully realize how fortunate they are to have such an extraordinary leader. We will be thankful for the guidance, love and support provided by this school's leadership for ever and ever...amen!

I am very impressed with this school. The principal is attentive and makes every attempt to make you feel welcome. She is one of the few principals that knows children by name and they all come to give her hugs. This is very different from the previous school that we attended in LISD. Environment is a big factor in how a child will perceive learning. McAuliffe will give them a positive experience. After reviewing their test scores in comparison to our old school, I took advantage of LISD's open enrollment and switched schools immediately.

This school is far too dependent on technology, it's almost shocking. There is a lot of 'fun' activities for the students planned throughout the school year but there needs to be more 'balance' with a dedicated focus on academics - especially in grades 3-5. There is student "favoritism" that is the most alarming and those who volunteer their time through PTA and by being room mom's will find their kids favored by the principal, administration, and their homeroom teachers most. Sad but TRUE we lived it and listened to those around us complain about it as well.

Overall I love this school.... Great environment for children to grow and learn. Always instilling values that will hopefully impact the students throughout their life. From Great Expectations to respecting and sending off the beloved janitor and always making good choices. I am sometimes frustrated with how much the curriculum relies on technology..... Wish they would get back to the basics of teaching math and reading, perhaps break out the chalk and use the black board. Don't think it's necessary for the lower grades to have iPads or the higher grades to have so much access to their technology especially during recess. I want my children to be well rounded kids that can interact with humans!!! Wish they would focus more on the academics!!! I also feel that the stance on bullying isn't taken seriously but that is probably a LISD thing. I wish that kids that disrupt the class repeatedly would have stronger consequences so that the other kids can have a better learning environment.

We moved away from Mc Auliffe, and we miss it so much! I want to let people know that the prinicpal, staff, and teachers make great efforts to create a positive atmosphere and a great academic environment. The community is involved in this school to the point it feels like a large family. We live in an area now where the school does not have a program like Great Expectations to build values of respect and responsibility, and our child can feel it. Mc Auliffe teaches kids to be good people while not forgetting about academics. PTA members and even staff may show a bit of favoritism at times, I agree, but I found if you jump in and get to know everyone, all are good people who try to be fair. Miss this school!

I am sad to hear that you feel this way about our school. I know many of those PTA women and I am surprised to hear anyone say such things about any of them. I am sure that you have your reasons for feeling this way but you should know that the staff leadership does not choose the PTA leaders...they are voted on by families in a voting process. You may have legitimate frustrations on a personal level With some of the moms but it is unfair to label the entire staff and PTA with such ugliness. As one of those moms myself, I know that is not an accurate portrayal. I am sorry to hear that anyone feels this way though. Perhaps you should talk with someone on the board. I am sure that any one of us would be happy to help sort things out.

Last modified Mcauliffe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.