Lewisville, TX

Mcauliffe Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2015
If you child has ADD or any other learning disability, I would highly recommend a different school. My son had the absolute worst experience ever at this school. The teachers are extremely unprofessional (eye rolling, pointing out his learning disability to others, and making him feel inferior). This was not one teacher - this was the culture over 3 1/2 years that he had to endure. Escalating to the leadership fell on deaf ears as absolutely nothing was done about the inappropriate and unprofessionalism of the teachers there. He has been out of the school for a year and it was night and day difference. We had to seek therapy for my son after the way he was treated not by other students, but by the teachers. It was a nightmare.

Posted December 30, 2014
My daughter was very fortunate to attend this elementary school. The Principal of this school is amazing. She understands clearly what it takes to nurture and prepare children for life. This elementary school's students and parents hopefully realize how fortunate they are to have such an extraordinary leader. We will be thankful for the guidance, love and support provided by this school's leadership for ever and ever...amen!

Posted April 22, 2014
I am very impressed with this school. The principal is attentive and makes every attempt to make you feel welcome. She is one of the few principals that knows children by name and they all come to give her hugs. This is very different from the previous school that we attended in LISD. Environment is a big factor in how a child will perceive learning. McAuliffe will give them a positive experience. After reviewing their test scores in comparison to our old school, I took advantage of LISD's open enrollment and switched schools immediately.

Mcauliffe Elementary School 2

Posted June 05, 2013
This school is far too dependent on technology, it's almost shocking. There is a lot of 'fun' activities for the students planned throughout the school year but there needs to be more 'balance' with a dedicated focus on academics - especially in grades 3-5. There is student "favoritism" that is the most alarming and those who volunteer their time through PTA and by being room mom's will find their kids favored by the principal, administration, and their homeroom teachers most. Sad but TRUE we lived it and listened to those around us complain about it as well.

Mcauliffe Elementary School 4

Posted March 26, 2013
Overall I love this school.... Great environment for children to grow and learn. Always instilling values that will hopefully impact the students throughout their life. From Great Expectations to respecting and sending off the beloved janitor and always making good choices. I am sometimes frustrated with how much the curriculum relies on technology..... Wish they would get back to the basics of teaching math and reading, perhaps break out the chalk and use the black board. Don't think it's necessary for the lower grades to have iPads or the higher grades to have so much access to their technology especially during recess. I want my children to be well rounded kids that can interact with humans!!! Wish they would focus more on the academics!!! I also feel that the stance on bullying isn't taken seriously but that is probably a LISD thing. I wish that kids that disrupt the class repeatedly would have stronger consequences so that the other kids can have a better learning environment.

Posted July 23, 2012
We love McAuliffe. We moved here from Manhattan (where we did a mix of public and private school) and were not sure what to expect. I speak with the principal regularly, she is always available by phone or in person. The school was willing to do anything to help my son adjust and be challenged - since he came from a school with a different curriculum. The staff is amazing, my son had an exceptional teacher this year, the parents are extremely involved, and my son loves attending school there. It is a positive, upbeat, and warm place. We will not move away from this school!

Posted February 29, 2012
We moved away from Mc Auliffe, and we miss it so much! I want to let people know that the prinicpal, staff, and teachers make great efforts to create a positive atmosphere and a great academic environment. The community is involved in this school to the point it feels like a large family. We live in an area now where the school does not have a program like Great Expectations to build values of respect and responsibility, and our child can feel it. Mc Auliffe teaches kids to be good people while not forgetting about academics. PTA members and even staff may show a bit of favoritism at times, I agree, but I found if you jump in and get to know everyone, all are good people who try to be fair. Miss this school!

Posted November 30, 2011
I am sad to hear that you feel this way about our school. I know many of those PTA women and I am surprised to hear anyone say such things about any of them. I am sure that you have your reasons for feeling this way but you should know that the staff leadership does not choose the PTA leaders...they are voted on by families in a voting process. You may have legitimate frustrations on a personal level With some of the moms but it is unfair to label the entire staff and PTA with such ugliness. As one of those moms myself, I know that is not an accurate portrayal. I am sorry to hear that anyone feels this way though. Perhaps you should talk with someone on the board. I am sure that any one of us would be happy to help sort things out.

Mcauliffe Elementary School 1

Posted November 30, 2011
My portrayal is 100% accurate. Be very cautious about sending your children to this school.

Posted September 30, 2011
I feel so fortunate that all three of my children have been able to attend school at McAuliffe. I couldn't be happier with their experience there. The principal is the BEST, the teachers are wonderful, and the office staff is helpful and friendly. They truly go above and beyond at this school. I really believe that they do everything in their power to nurture happy, conifdent kids.

Mcauliffe Elementary School
2300 Briarhill Boulevard, Lewisville, TX  75077
Last modified Mcauliffe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcauliffe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top