Lewisville, TX

Posted August 17, 2014
My daughter went to this school for three years. She wasn't ever bullied. The kids seemed well-behaved, respectful, polite at events I went to. Before and after school I saw kids waiting outside and never once saw any problems. Normal kids. The academics were pretty good, especially math. The band program is fantastic and welcomes everyone. The band directors are very dedicated. The choir program is pathetic and understaffed. The athletics are ok especially soccer and track. The basketball coaches, though, seem like they've never played the game. The school has many clubs and activities and tutoring available. There's a bus to take all kids home from afterschool activities. The principal was positive and available. He is an excellent principal. One assistant principal was very heavy-handed and that person's only strategy was to give suspensions. This school has a high percentage of lower income Hispanic children because of the way the attendance zone is drawn to catch several apartment complexes. I wouldn't judge the atmosphere or the overall quality of the school by test scores alone. I think they do a good job of educating each student according to what they need.

Delay Middle School 2

Posted May 17, 2014
This school is okay, but also their are alot of bulles and they had to wear uniforms and I don't really like this school

Delay Middle School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
The principal and the principal teachers, including the office are awesome, but a lot needs to be done with bullying in the school, most kids lack discipline. Parents need to be more involved in ensuring their kids are well disciplined and respectful to their peers. Otherwise Delay would be a great school! Ms Garza rocks

Posted November 15, 2012
I'm proud to send my child to this school. I feel my child is getting a well-rounded middle school experience with individualized attention, rigorous academics, and extracurricular activities that exceed my expectations. The atmosphere at the school is very positive. All students are encouraged to be involved and they're rewarded for their success. When I've had concerns or questions the teachers, staff, and prinipal have responded and addressed my issues. The only minor critiques I have are that the website could offer more information. Also, I don't see much encouragement for parents to be involved except a few times a year in PTA.

Delay Middle School 4

Posted August 14, 2012
As a former student all I'll say is expect many privileges that your child will love!! Also the staff there is wonderful especially the principal because he is the one that makes that school really great!

Posted September 29, 2009
this school was great loved the teachers they were very nice and caring

Posted May 26, 2009
This school is awesome. This year they won the Intel School of Distinction Award in Mathmatics. My son has excelled here and has his best grades ever (8th grade)

Posted March 09, 2009
DeLay is a hidden gem in LISD. The principal, teachers & support staff are amazing. They have a ton of ways to support the students. The academics, school spirit, extra activities, learning beyond the bell, and the overall committment of everyone there is truly a gift.

Posted August 27, 2008

Posted June 13, 2008
This school is awesome. The teachers are the best . Their technology is great . It helps us way more with our learning . I just wanted to say that delay ms is awesome becouse of its teachers and its principles. Mrs.Flores ,mr.Washem and mr.Martin .......... Delay middle school is the best

Delay Middle School
2103 Savage Lane, Lewisville, TX  75057
Last modified Delay Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Delay Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top