Posted April 30, 2014
We love Valley Ridge Elem! They have great teachers that work well as a team. My son is part of the Leap program, and they encourage his learning. I see homework, and the teacher encouraging him to learn. It is a great school.

Valley Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted January 31, 2014
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE IF THEY HAVE A HIGH VERBAL CHILD WITH AUTISM. My older child attended here in 2010, and currently my youngest child is attending (2014). There is a lack of any appropriate placement for students who are higher functioning in language and life skills, but have difficulty in the general education classroom on multiple levels. They want your child to comply, comply, comply but don't provide the appropriate supports for them to do so. I mean really basic failures, like interventionists not even contacting the OT; when a child starts escalating by attempting to hide (even putting their head down) they physically touch them to prevent this (they call it "blocking" - check your BIP..!) which just escalates things further. They cannot de-escalate well at all, and what should be minor bumps in the road that can be dealt with in general education with the correct supports become huge mountains of issues. It really does stink because I've met at least 3 outstanding teachers at this campus, 90% of our issues were not about the gen ed teachers. Steer clear of LISD entirely, it isn't just this school, it's the district. They do not know what to do with asd kids.

Valley Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted January 07, 2014
The teachers at this school are good, but I am really disappointed in the lack of communication and presence of the administrative staff. My first impression of the school was not a positive one, but my interaction with my teacher quieted my concerns. I have now been at the school for several years, and feel that my first impression was correct. The administrative staff can be very condemning and can make you feel like you are an inconvenience to them. Thankfully, there are other choices in education. Hopefully this information falls into the right hands, and things change at that school.

Posted September 27, 2013
My school is one of the best schools, and am so glad that my kids go there. They love their teachers, and their classes. The teachers are very nice and hard workers. Valley Ridge Elementary is a great school.

Posted July 15, 2011
My sons attend this school and I could not be happier with the staff and their dedicationto the students and community. I am greatful my sons can attend a school such as this

Posted May 25, 2010
I have been very happy with this school. Parents are always welcome and the PTA is very active! There are so many extra curricular activities available to the kids from Choir to Chess to Spanish Club and Computer Club. Healthy cats for active fun and summer library program. There are so many ways to get involved, I really feel like like children are learning more than test taking skills but actual life skills. I feel lucky to have my kids at Valley Ridge.

Valley Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted April 27, 2010
I have to agree that the administration has no problem solving skills. Quiet often, in an incident involving two children, the child who is not at fault may end up with a consequence as well in order to please the other child's parents if they are the type of parents to cause trouble. Parents, listen to your child, know what they are capable of, because administration may lie.

Valley Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted December 14, 2009
Concorned about this school. The Principal has no leadership skills or appropriate problem solving skills. Not sure why there is such strict rules for elementary children, ie: when it's recess and they have to stay in for weather, they have to sit and be quiet and watch a movie. When do they get a chance to let out their energy? (Just one issue of many!) Looking into moving my child!

Valley Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted May 31, 2008

Valley Ridge Elementary School 0

Posted October 24, 2007
I would give this a school a failing grade. My child receive little to no homework The class work is at a very slow pace. I would expect at LEAST 60min of assigned homework each day covering the major subjects such as Math, Science, English, Social Studies.

Valley Ridge Elementary School
1604 North Garden Ridge Boulevard, Lewisville, TX  75077
Last modified Valley Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top