Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

The teachers are very unclear about the homework and dont put your grades in untill a long time had passed

I am a student at Huffines Middle School (2017) I moved to Lewisville this year from Southlake. Yes it is true Spanish is almost like the 1st language at Huffines. The food is terrible, the teachers are unclear,There are a lot of fights, cuss words, and there is a lot of bullying. I absolutely hate Huffines and cant wait to get out of there. LISD is a terrible school district

We LOVE this school. The faculty and principal are wonderful and incredibly supportive. We could have sent our children to other LISD schools in the area, but ultimately decided on Huffines. They have enjoyed middle school (isn't that enough said!) :)

I have had nothing but a great experience here with my son for the last couple years. The teachers have gone above and beyond to help him and keep me informed when there are issues. I am very pleased with all aspects of this school. This school is the reason we moved to this district. Recommended from previous students.

Horrible, just horrible. Teachers yell at students, compromising their self worth. Bullying is a significant problem at this school & students are encouraged to report it, yet when they do, it's not thoroughly/properly investigated by school administration,the situation escalates & when u get the courage to stand up & defend yourself when they hit u and you hit back, u get the SAME punishment as the bully!! And they wonder why bullying is still a problem. It's a no-win situation. Teachers don't respond to e-mails & instead of teaching they play the class a video "lesson" from youtube. Students aren't issued textbooks (or ipads), so WHERE are all the tax $ & federal grants going? They don't teach or provide books but give "academic" detentions if too many answers on an assignment are wrong. A lot of the material/course content can be considered objectionable or inappropriate to some parents if they knew what their children were being exposed to, but the school doesn't even ask for parental consent or signed permission slips for content recommended for older age groups. Moral & sexual education should be for PARENTS to teach their kids when it's appropriate...NOT the school!!

I will be so glad when we are done with Huffines. The administration is the worst ever - when Mr. Hill was the principal, he had respect for the kids and took an active roll in the day to day lives. The sports program is an absolute joke!!!! Unless you are the correct color, doesn't matter how good you are, you won't be playing. The coaches are bad and don't have kids in the correct positions on the field, court or where ever. The kids speak spanish in the halls which is not supposed to be allowed. The kids language in Spanish and English is embarrasing. I hear so much cussing when I'm there. Some of the kids are just down right scary. There are teachers that have real anger issues and have been afraid for my kids more than once. We didn't move because Killough is such a good school and can't wait for my next one to get there. All the middle schools in Lewisville are scary. Had I known this when I moved here, we would have moved to either Flower Mound or Highland Village! I don't expect the teachers to raise my kids - that's my job - but I do expect them to have a safe environment, fair & academically sound place to go to school. This is our last year here & am glad!

We had a terrible experience at Huffines with teachers, aides, and administration! I cannot recommend this school if your child has special needs. They did OK (not good) with my regular education students in the past, but definitely failed my special education student!

We love Huffines! The administrators are very strong, the counselors are very supportive and the teachers are hard-working and attentive to the students' needs. The band program is fantastic.

Good school with good programs and most of the educators are good but sometimes they don't recognize the family/school balance (i.e. events on Wednesday nights when some people have church). Frustrated that the bar seems to be continuously lowered to accomodate those that don't put out the effort.

This school is really awesome. The teachers are very tenative on keeping you updated on what is going on and the principle also makes phone calls throughout the year, to let you know important information.

Last modified Huffines Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.