Huffines Middle School 4

Posted September 29, 2014
I have had nothing but a great experience here with my son for the last couple years. The teachers have gone above and beyond to help him and keep me informed when there are issues. I am very pleased with all aspects of this school. This school is the reason we moved to this district. Recommended from previous students.

Posted April 25, 2014
Horrible, just horrible. Teachers yell at students, compromising their self worth. Bullying is a significant problem at this school & students are encouraged to report it, yet when they do, it's not thoroughly/properly investigated by school administration,the situation escalates & when u get the courage to stand up & defend yourself when they hit u and you hit back, u get the SAME punishment as the bully!! And they wonder why bullying is still a problem. It's a no-win situation. Teachers don't respond to e-mails & instead of teaching they play the class a video "lesson" from youtube. Students aren't issued textbooks (or ipads), so WHERE are all the tax $ & federal grants going? They don't teach or provide books but give "academic" detentions if too many answers on an assignment are wrong. A lot of the material/course content can be considered objectionable or inappropriate to some parents if they knew what their children were being exposed to, but the school doesn't even ask for parental consent or signed permission slips for content recommended for older age groups. Moral & sexual education should be for PARENTS to teach their kids when it's appropriate...NOT the school!!

Posted October 29, 2013
I will be so glad when we are done with Huffines. The administration is the worst ever - when Mr. Hill was the principal, he had respect for the kids and took an active roll in the day to day lives. The sports program is an absolute joke!!!! Unless you are the correct color, doesn't matter how good you are, you won't be playing. The coaches are bad and don't have kids in the correct positions on the field, court or where ever. The kids speak spanish in the halls which is not supposed to be allowed. The kids language in Spanish and English is embarrasing. I hear so much cussing when I'm there. Some of the kids are just down right scary. There are teachers that have real anger issues and have been afraid for my kids more than once. We didn't move because Killough is such a good school and can't wait for my next one to get there. All the middle schools in Lewisville are scary. Had I known this when I moved here, we would have moved to either Flower Mound or Highland Village! I don't expect the teachers to raise my kids - that's my job - but I do expect them to have a safe environment, fair & academically sound place to go to school. This is our last year here & am glad!

Posted October 08, 2011
We had a terrible experience at Huffines with teachers, aides, and administration! I cannot recommend this school if your child has special needs. They did OK (not good) with my regular education students in the past, but definitely failed my special education student!

Posted July 17, 2011
We love Huffines! The administrators are very strong, the counselors are very supportive and the teachers are hard-working and attentive to the students' needs. The band program is fantastic.

Huffines Middle School 3

Posted June 30, 2011
Good school with good programs and most of the educators are good but sometimes they don't recognize the family/school balance (i.e. events on Wednesday nights when some people have church). Frustrated that the bar seems to be continuously lowered to accomodate those that don't put out the effort.

Huffines Middle School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
This school is really awesome. The teachers are very tenative on keeping you updated on what is going on and the principle also makes phone calls throughout the year, to let you know important information.

Posted October 07, 2010
I understand that reviews are based on personal experience, but everyone I know that has children at this schools has a great experience. I am surprised at some of the reviews, but there are always some wacky parents out there. This school is a hidden gem in the LISD school system, the teachers and admin go above and beyond to help students succeed. The office is extremely friendly and helpful. My child has some learning issues and the teachers have been fantastic working with him. People that move from this are so their kids can attend FM or HV schools don't realize what they are missing. The principal is one of the best in the district! In repsonse to the student who wrote about other students there--and how sad that you think students on reduced lunches are somehow less than you!

Huffines Middle School 0

Posted May 10, 2010
I love Huffines because they have teachers and principles that go above and beond to make sure that every student and parent are involved in the childs learning and has every opportunity to express there feelings and ideas. They take extra concearn and help influence students thay may be having problems at home or school that could be affecting there grades. They also make sure that every student knows that if they ever need anything or in trouble or just want to say Hi that there doors are always open. It is just a very happy, friendly, careing enviroment that most of the students excell in.

Posted April 17, 2010
This is my sons last year at Huffines & I am sad ... This is a wonderful school, great staff & great student body !The principal and all of the Vice prinicpals are caring & eager to help both the students and the parents.Mr.Sanders is the 6th grade Vice principal but he always came to all the 8th grade football games !I I will miss Huffines & hope we have the same experience at North next yr !

Huffines Middle School
1440 North Valley Parkway, Lewisville, TX  75077
Last modified Huffines Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huffines Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top